• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

Thoughts on my current regimen for - social avoidant/anxiety, Depression, Anhedonia, Headaches & Racing thoughts

regimen anxiety depression brainfog motivation ssri lithium buspar trazodone seretonin

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Wicksy

• Registrant
  • 10 posts
  • NO

Posted 10 September 2020 - 06:17 AM

Does this regimen seem excessive?

• 10mg Lexapro

• 20mg Buspirone (buspar)

• 25mg trazodone nightly

• 400mg lithium carbonate

Is there anything I should look out for?

• I’ve been on Lexapro for 6 weeks, I’m less depressed but more bloated, low sex drive and harder to experience pleasure
• started lithium 1 weeks ago and had an instant increase in wellbeing and reduction in anxiety

-  Been on 1mg Ativan daily for about 3 months + frequent use of lyrica (Pregabalin) for about 2-3 weeks for racing thoughts, reflux and general physical anxiety
I’m hoping the new addition of lithium + nightly trazodone and the Buspar will allow me to stabilise and quit Ativan and Lyrica altogether so I can get on with my life and actually become motivated, achieve goals and better my relationships.

TLDR; does this regimen seem excessive for major depression, treatment resistant anxiety, social avoidance, brainfog, headaches & apathy?

#2 fanta2y

• 11 posts

Posted 11 September 2020 - 12:05 AM

• Lexapro or any other SSRI only works if you're actually seratonin deficient. The problem is that a lot of depressed people are not seratonin deficient so SSRIs do not work for them and cause only problems. Anyway, I was on 10 mg for 8 months, I experienced severely decreased libido and anhedonia, no positives. Withdrawal was quite easy though.
  • Buspirone didn't have any effect on me, no positives and no negatives. I was only 1 month on it.
  • No experience with trazodone.
  • Lithium was one of the few things that helped me. I also experienced increase in wellbeing and reduction in anxiety. However, in time, I developed hypothyroidism. Now after stopping it, not only my anxiety returned but my thyroid was fucked. Beware!
  • Ativan. Benzos are hard drugs and continuous use will fuck you up so bad you wish you never touched it. You think your anxiety and depression is bad now? You are going to pray for your previous level of anxiety to return when you're in benzo withdrawal (read all the benzo horror stories online, they are 100% true and worse). I started on 0.5mg of clonazepam and by 9th month I was on 1.5mg daily. The amount of suffering I had to experience in withdrawal was insane to say the least and made me not touch benzos ever again (11 years clean by now and I still struggle with language and brainfog).

My advice for you, first get clean from benzos (do it smart and do it slow). Then when you're clean try one substance at the time so you can easily eliminate what works and what doesn't. Currently I'm having some success with NAC for anxiety, at times it feels like circuits responsible for anxiety are removed and nothing else is affected, very different effect compared to SSRIs and Benzos. For depression and general wellbeing jogging works (was surprised how effective it actually is).

• Needs references x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: regimen, anxiety, depression, brainfog, motivation, ssri, lithium, buspar, trazodone, seretonin

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users