propranalol selegiline pea phenylethylamine

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Mr Serendipity

• 980 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 October 2020 - 07:21 PM

Hi,

I’ve decided to start experiment with selegiline and PEA, to see what effects it has on me.

Now the hypertension risk is something I want to avoid, I have 40mg of propranolol, so I was wondering, would it be possible to use it if I go into hypertension.

Now this morning I took:

5mg Selegiline (oral)

2 x Multivitamins

Selenium

100mg DLPA

I opened the 500mg DLPA capsule and measured 100mg and took it. No effect, so I took the rest (500mg), no effect.

Then I got my PEA today in 250mg capsules. I opened and measured 130mg, took it, not much effect, so I took the whole capsule, not much effect.

Then I took another 250mg capsule, a bit of body tingling, dilated pupils, clearer vision, but no other effects.

Then I took another 250mg capsule, I’m getting some body sweats, less appetite, I felt some nausea when taking a sip of water, but nothing else.

So all in all I’ve taken:

500mg DLPA

750mg PEA

I’m not feeling hypertension. The reason I started with 100mg of the DLPA and PEA, is because I read these low doses can cause hypertension, and cause euphoria. It doesn’t feel like I’m getting any hypertension or euphoria, the main reason for experimenting with the combo to see what effect it has on me, my brain, and anhedonia. 

But because I want to be careful, just in case of a hypertension emergency, will taking propranolol stop a hypertensive crisis?

Edited by Jesus is King, 24 October 2020 - 07:31 PM.

#2 Mr Serendipity

• Topic Starter
  • 980 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 October 2020 - 07:30 PM

I just now decided to take 2 capsules, so 500mg at once. Let’s see what happens.

So a total of 1250mg of PEA.

Edited by Jesus is King, 24 October 2020 - 07:30 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 effinrich

• 8 posts
  • NO

Posted 10 November 2020 - 03:33 AM

Hey, I just responded to your other post regarding the same combo.  To answer your question, the beta-blocker will help with the hyper-tension.  Of the 2 times that combo worked as expected, the first was getting pretty intense, so upon checking my BP i found it was definitely spiking.  143/90 I believe.  My BP is typically 110/70 I think, so that was unusually high.  I took a 20mg propranolol and the hypertension and general feeling of being uncomfortable subsided within 20 minutes.  Adding the propranolol was quite synergistic, which I hadn't expected.  It really took all the edginess and other amph like sides out of the picture completely. 

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#4 Mr Serendipity

• Topic Starter
  • 980 posts
  • NO

Posted 11 November 2020 - 09:25 PM

Hey thanks for your reply. Amazingly I didn’t get any hypertension (or any I noticed) when I tried it a few times, but no euphoria either. But I might have to give a combo of propranolol, selegiline, and PEA a try again sometime in the future to see if it has any effect.

Main thing is thanks for your input, glad I have an option to ameliorate hypertension from this combo if I ever need to.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: propranalol, selegiline, pea, phenylethylamine

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users