• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

Zero euphoria from Selegiline + PEA (1250mg), but still experienced other amphetamine lik effects. What could this mean?

selegiline pea

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Mr Serendipity

• 982 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 October 2020 - 10:44 PM

Hi,

So today I ended up taking 1250mg of PEA, 5mg Selegiline, 2 multivitamins, selenium, and 500mg DLPA.

You can see how I dosed here (it wasn’t all at once): https://www.longecit...selegiline-pea/

Now I believe this stuff is legit, because I ended up experiencing the following:

1. sweats at one point

2. a bit of body tingling

3. a bit of nausea

4. pupils are dilated

5. clearer vision

6. vasoconstriction (even though I don’t feel cold, my wifes hands are warm, and she said I feel really cold)

7. some heart beat changes (a bit faster pumping)

8. I feel a bit more in control (I think)

9. appetite suppression

Basically a load of other stuff which is amphetamine like, but no euphoria, no pleasure, no hypertension, and no reduction in anhedonia. But the PEA is definitely in my system because of these other effects I got.

The main reason I was taking it was to see if there would be any reduction in anhedonia and what euphoria would feel like. People say as little as 100mg of PEA can cause euphoria and hypertension, so it’s pretty remarkable nothing majorly happened with the doses I took.

So while I don’t plan on taking such large doses again, I was wondering if anyone knew what this could indicate? As in what could possibly be wrong in my brain that there is a complete absence of euphoria from such a strong combo?

Anyone have any ideas?

Edited by Jesus is King, 24 October 2020 - 10:45 PM.

#2 effinrich

• 8 posts
  • NO

Posted 10 November 2020 - 03:26 AM

I have no ideas, my man.  I've been taking 7.5 mg selegiline for nearly 2 months.  Alone, it has been really great for me.  Far, far less reliance on adderall, more assertive, good well-being and getting so much more done.  Despite all of these great effects, I believed I could use a bit more kick.  Research PEA/selegiline combo and found studies reporting remarkable results with 10mg selegiline and 10-60mg PEA daily.  This was over the course of 50 days I think.  

Fast forward to the day the PEA arrived, I started testing dosages.  10-60mg did nada, nothing.  In fact, i'm quite certain it made me very tired.  Frustrated, I have been tinkering with doses up to 400mg and it seems it's a very inconsistent combination.  Twice I've had effects I assume to be what others have described as "euphoric".  I would describe it as very pleasant feeling, very clear vision, realistically stimulated and motivated, which was more or less my target.  However, if that is the "euphoric" effect that some have described as "better than sex", I think it's possible they've either not had sex or not done actual, illicit drugs.  I'm kidding, but I assume the actual reason is this combination is highly variable and dependent on individual chemistry as well as dose.   

In short, I'm also a little lost on the specifics on this particular combination.  I wrote a very detailed request for assistance here a couple of months ago and only got 1 response, which was obviously a cut and paste stating I should try exercising.  If i hadn't already tried every "normal" option I wouldn't be on longecity.  Anyway, the study I mentioned landed on 10mg selegiline a day, so maybe that's the missing variable.  The thought of taking only 60mg PEA is alluring to say the least.  Furthermore it was suggested this combo should be taken in the AM, which should carry the user over until bedtime.  Again, that was not my experience at all.  It lasts maybe 1.5 hours and is not a gradual comedown.  Let me know if you learn anything else about this, it's difficult finding valid anecdotal experiences.  

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

#3 Mr Serendipity

• Topic Starter
  • 982 posts
  • NO

Posted 11 November 2020 - 09:36 PM

Hey thanks for sharing. Just remember to take my report lighter than a normal healthy person. I suffer from anhedonia and have had anorgasmia for 16 years, basically I don’t get much pleasure from things.

I liked the selegiline for its anti-addictive properties and appetite suppression, but I was finding it was making me too tunnel vision, my libido was shot, and I didn’t feel right on it. But tbh I haven’t tested it enough, I was taking doses all over the place over the week, trying it with PEA some days, and just trying things out. I think in the future maybe once a week, or half a pill, so 2.5mg a day, might work, but I’m not sure.

At the moment though I’m finding forskolin as something decent that makes me feel great, whether taken alone or with my stack. The difference in my mood is night and day, and I’m hoping to work off of this.

#4 effinrich

• 8 posts
  • NO

Posted 11 November 2020 - 11:46 PM

That is precisely the reason I finally tried selegiline.  Lifelong anhedonia, which really took a turn for the worse a few years ago to the point I couldn't even laugh and only danger could get me going.  I eventually took a LA motorcycle training course in which I drove too fast around a corner, laid my bike down and felt zero adrenaline, fear or anything whatsoever.  Fast forward a few weeks and I'm diagnosed with clinical depression and anhedonia after 40 years of just thinking I was a "dark soul".  When that really sank in I was in a constant state of sadness for no particular reason, so I sought clinical solutions.  After my doc and I finally landed on something to at least keep me at baseline, I started researching everything, yada, yada, discovered selegiline only a few months ago.

Anyway, of all of the supplements and drugs i've trialed as adjunct therapies, many of which were of Soviet origin and everything in between, selegiline is by far the most variable.  By that I mean there seem to be several variables that can negatively or positively impact its effects and much more so than other substances.  First, how old are you?  There's an age dependent dosage that is much lower for those younger than 40 than older than 40.  I finally settled on 5mg a day, but could easily do 10mg I think.  I am 44 however, so for a 35 year-old their equivalent dose may be 1.25-2.5mg a day tops. If going the sublingual route, 1mg is often plenty as its bioavailability profile is much better sublingually than orally.  Another aspect to be aware of is the long half-life, which is 2 weeks.  Generally this means one won't feel the full effects until around the 14 day point.  If you were dosing erratically for only a week, I'd suggest trying 1 consistent dose for at least 3 weeks to see how you feel.  Start low based on your age, titrate up if needed.  Take only selegiline for that 3 week period as far as new substances and drop the PEA until you get a feel for the selegiline alone.  My guess is you might've gone too high too fast or the PEA messed up your experience.  The legitimate studies on that combo state 60mg of PEA is the upper limit with selegiline for antidepressant effects.  The studies combination is actually 10mg selegiline to 10-60mg PEA.  However, you do not want to exceed 10mg regardless of your age until you've accessed the lower doses of selegiline.  It can be a very subtle change and mine slowly came up until the 15th or 16th day, at which point my life changed for the better in almost every regard.  I recently tried the PEA in several dosages and gave up on it last night.  I took 50mg and what followed was around 12 hours of depersonalization and strange mental cross interference, like conversations from earlier in the day were interrupting my thoughts in the same evening.  Disconcerting at best.  At any rate the selegiline is plenty and has so much value on its own.  It definitely potentiates very small amounts of other stimulants or makes them obsolete across the board.  For me it boosted my confidence to levels I'd never had, gave me very good natural energy and finally fixed my longtime libido issues.  The fears and horror stories regarding selegiline are vastly overblown, but they exist for a reason as there is potential to hurt yourself.  Just be responsible.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

#5 ibtisam_midlet

• 105 posts

Posted 04 December 2020 - 06:27 PM

tolerance develop quickly for the euphoria and slowly to the side effect in stimulants, this might be why you experiencing this.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: selegiline, pea

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users