Premature ejaculation after stopping opioid medication

opioid withdrawal premature ejaculation hernia microdiscectomy

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Clavius

• 59 posts
  • NO

Posted 01 November 2020 - 02:30 PM

I am a 42 year old male with desk-job. This requires me to work out to stay in shape, which I like to do. Early 2020 I got diagnosed with a lumbar herniated disc between L4 and L5. My MRI also showed discopathy between L5 and S1 though, but the L4/5 was causing me massive amounts of nerve pain down my left leg. At that time I could manage the pain with Tramadol. My neurologist indicated that in time the body will clean up the ruptured disc and that pain will subside naturally. There I chose the conservative route.

In July I severely regretted my decision though. I was on 20mg Oxicodon retard daily. With 5mg Oxicodon HCL in between because the longlasting version didn't last long enough. On top of that I took 150mg Pregabaline daily. And I was still in indescribable agony. I called back the neurologist to say that I gave up and wanted that microdiscectomy now. Which eventually took place last 20th October. It was a great success! My nerve pain was gone instantly. I still had some pain from the operation wound, but that is NOTHING compared to the pain that a pinched nerve causes. 

They wanted me sober during the operation. So I though that that goes for my pain medication too. Therefore I didn't take anything on the day of the operation. When I woke up I was extremely cold but sweating, and hot but shivering. That night I didn't sleep. Only the next day I discovered that I was going though opioid withdrawal signs. As you already noticed, at that point I was oblivious about Oxicodon's addictive traits. The doctor at the hospital explained me what I was in for. As I already was two days into going cold turkey I decided to just push though. It was an interesting experience! I think I didn't sleep at all for an entire 7 nights. And I sneezed enough for 5 lifetimes.

Now it's almost two weeks later and al direct physical sings have subsided. Except for one strange issue: very severe premature ejaculation! For the first time in my life I have absolutely zero control. Why? How? Doctor Google didn't have any information about this specific topic. However I did find that extreme sneezing is common during opioid withdrawal though because the nerves have become more sensitive. So to me it makes sense that the nerves "down there" are more sensitive as well. Nevertheless, I went to my own GP, but she looked at me like I was crazy and offered me to follow some sex therapy.

Can anybody please offer me some insights? Is this from the surgery? Or from the opioid withdrawal? Will it go away by itself? Can I do or take something to fix this? Any help is greatly appreciated.

#2 pro-v

• 112 posts

Posted 01 November 2020 - 06:02 PM

That’s really common with opioid withdrawal. I don’t recall anyone having success with anything but time or maybe an SSRI like Prozac

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Clavius

• Topic Starter
  • 59 posts
  • NO

Posted 01 November 2020 - 10:45 PM

That’s really common with opioid withdrawal. I don’t recall anyone having success with anything but time or maybe an SSRI like Prozac

Thanks, at least it confirms time will restore normal function then. Any idea how much time?

#4 pro-v

• 112 posts

Posted 02 November 2020 - 12:12 PM

3-16 weeks seems to be what others have experienced, although that’s just anecdotal info from other spots on the internet. Hopefully is resolved quickly.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#5 poonja

• 111 posts

Posted 02 November 2020 - 06:48 PM

Check into dapoxetine.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: opioid, withdrawal, premature, ejaculation, hernia, microdiscectomy

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users