Dapoxetine makes me feel fantastic

anxiety dapoxetine premature ejaculation ssri

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Clavius

• 59 posts
  • NO

Posted 10 November 2020 - 08:50 AM

To combat life-long, and increasingly worsening, lack of ejaculatory control I decided to try dapoxetine 60mg. I've tried all the methods without pills for years. Start/stop, creams, doing math, kegels, reverse kegels and what not. But I'm fed up now. If I couldn't teach myself by the time now that I'm 40, then I probably will never learn.

It worked exactly as advertised and I'll spare you the details of that bit.

1. First important thing that I noticed: all the above mentioned methods now suddenly did work. So the methods work fine, but something else was blocking me from achieving success.
  2. And secondly: it also opened eyes to a much greater issue. That single dose made me feel so calm and clear. It really showed me that my baseline level of anxiety is really very high. Which is one of the major factors is premature ejaculation of course. Normally I'm always very anxious and nervous, but now I realize just how much. Even when I'm resting. Even when I've had alcohol. But after dapoxetine I felt so "normal". I've read that dapoxetine usually lowers libido a bit, but mine went up by a great deal. It lasted until the evening of the next day. My day at the office was absolutely great, there was little to no anxiety. I was very confident even and because of that there was also zero procrastination. There were no barriers for me to overcome before I could pick up tasks. If I could be in such a state perpetually then I would certainly even enjoy working again! If it was sustainable then I would take this stuff constantly. I know better though.

Dapoxetine is a short acting SSRI. Does this mean my serotonine levels are normally to low? Or does it have this effect on everybody? Should I be looking to raise my serotonine levels constantly/permanently? How should I go about that?

Can anybody say something intelligent about this please? My constant anxious state is probably going to take decades of my life.

#2 Clavius

• Topic Starter
  • 59 posts
  • NO

Posted 13 November 2020 - 07:38 AM

Anybody?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

#3 pro-v

• 112 posts

Posted 13 November 2020 - 02:00 PM

It’s possible you do have a serotonin imbalance but there’s no real test for it....they just try them out and if they work, they work and if they don’t, try something else. If you are having such success, with PE and mentally, it’s definitely worth talking to your doctor. They hand out SSRI’s like candy. The SSRI closest to dapoxetine is Paxil if I remember correctly.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: anxiety, dapoxetine, premature, ejaculation, ssri

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users