• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Adverts help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

Photo
- - - - -

Warpspeed Reading for Hacking Retention of Book Knowledge

reading learning lifehacks technology spritz

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 jroseland

• 1,117 posts

Posted 24 January 2021 - 10:34 AM

Here's a problem that I think anyone can relate to who reads a lot; if we are honest you forget the vast majority of the information you spend so much time consuming. You spend 10-20 hours consuming 300-400 pages. How much of it are you actually going to commit to memory, recall when you need it and apply?
I’ve got a cool technology lifehack for this problem that takes advantage of the ‘memory spacing effect’.

1*xr3dNJYoJyxB4LjYDhW1Eg.gif

• Pointless, Timewasting x 1

#2 platypus

• 2,386 posts

Posted 01 February 2021 - 07:23 AM

I doubt this will work for difficult material i.e. books of advanced anything, or stuff that requires forming independent thoughts. 

sponsored ad

• Advert

#3 jroseland

• Topic Starter
  • 1,117 posts

Posted 02 February 2021 - 07:38 AM

I doubt this will work for difficult material i.e. books of advanced anything, or stuff that requires forming independent thoughts. 

Yeah, I clarify in my video that it's best for reviewing books you've already read.

sponsored ad

• Advert

#4 jroseland

• Topic Starter
  • 1,117 posts

Posted 21 February 2021 - 08:42 AM

A follow up...

A lot of people do get distracted by the overwhelming amount of information available at our fingertips at any given moment and it prevents them from living happy, productive lives. To combat this I've developed an information consumption regimen that is highly efficient. I present the components and consumption methods of the High Leverage Information Diet.

The%20High%20Leverage%20Information%20Di

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: reading, learning, lifehacks, technology, spritz

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users