- - - - -

GLA in Borage Seed Oil and Evening Primrose

nutrition gla

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 KBAnthis

• 91 posts

Posted 17 March 2021 - 10:29 PM

Do you currently take Borage Seed Oil or Evening Primrose Oil? I have just recently ordered a bottle of each, both organic, both food grade, and both cold-pressed. The borage seed oil I believe is further refined or filtered and is PA free. I am not sure about the evening primrose oil, if it is further refined, I will e-mail the company to ask. I will update once they e-mail back. I am currently on a diet that is as low in cooked fats as possible. My daily diet consists of raw nuts and seeds (unpasteurized) which I will sprout before blending in a smoothie. Lately I have been doing about a half cup of raw hulled sunflower seeds and 2 tbsp. of flax seeds. I have done other seeds and nuts including: walnuts, almonds, hulled sesame seeds, pumpkin seed, and others. I will also consume Raw Butter, about a tbsp. a day. While I prefer raw butter, store bought pasteurized butter can be substituted just fine. I do not do as well with pasteurized nuts and seeds as they do not nourish me as good and can bog me down after consumption. So many store bought varieties have to be researched through the vendors, and often I resort to online ordering. Though not always as I have found some bulk food stores which carry nuts and seeds unpasteurized. I also do a virgin cod liver oil.  About less than a tbsp. of cold-pressed coconut oil a day. With meats I do mostly organs, and on occasion lean cuts of muscles. I am doing this to promote the highest quality of health and am trying to find the best diet I can make up. I enjoy hot cereals with water and vegetable soups with lentils. With the studies on GLA, with Borage Seed Oil and Evening Primrose oil, I am uncertain if they use cold-pressed oils. This has the potential to change the results and conclusions. From my experience the cold-pressed oils are invaluable, and conventionally produced oils are good as useless. I had some borage seed oil , cold-pressed, filtered and pa free from another country in my fridge that I tried again after stopping it do to weight-loss dieting. It reduced inflammation, seems to be speeding up healing time, and has increased nerve sensations, like sense of touch, other sensual things, making my life more enjoyable. I am curious what others have to say about this , if anything. I will report back after trying the new oils. I do not do much oil, taking 1/2 tsp. sometimes a little more. I am trying to loose some body fat currently. I have been doing some fasting similar to the snake diet, drinking a sodium chloride free snake juice. I am hoping the oils will replenish omega-6 faster and increase well-being after breaking the fasts. 

Edited by KBAnthis, 17 March 2021 - 10:34 PM.

• like x 1

#2 KBAnthis

• Topic Starter
  • 91 posts

Posted 18 March 2021 - 12:17 AM

I also consume 3 raw egg yolks a day. That way I get the choline I need.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for NUTRITION to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users