Symptoms during fasting?

fasting

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Rosanna

• 159 posts
  • NO

Posted 13 April 2021 - 12:56 PM

I've been doing 12 - 14 hour fasts overnight.  I find as I'm heading towards the latter part of this before eating, my eyes seem to have a kind of 'film' over them, look a bit red, generally just not bright.........nothing major, I first thought I had conjunctivitis or an allergy or something, but it seems to be at the latter part of the fast.  

Just curious more than anything if this has happened to anyone else or they know what might be occurring.

#2 Rosanna

• Topic Starter
  • 159 posts
  • NO

Posted 14 April 2021 - 03:29 PM

After a few days of fasting for 12 hours overnight, today not good.  I think I had a painful ectopic heartbeat.  I had to check with my doctor that this was all that was happening as I've never had pain with them, all be it fleeing (but intense).  

I've had ectopics before whenever I've attempted fasts like this and then would give up.  Either the fasting, or the food (lots of wholegrain rice and vegetables or porridge, less fish) seems to bring them on.  The food is fine in small qualities but I wonder in the larger quantities and without protein, mainly from fish as that's my main source, whether things like Taurine, etc, get too low.  I wish I could find a way to do this long term without running into problems each time.

#3 Rosanna

• Topic Starter
  • 159 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 April 2021 - 12:21 PM

Today decided I'll have some protein as it may be essential amino acids I need, but disgusted by my salmon sandwich, it's weird how fasting on vegan food only sends me on a high, then a crash (as above) and then a sense that any non vegan food carries with it a very dead energy.  (this is no comment on the different diets that people adhere to, I'm not against eating meat, it's just my experience when I am strict vegan, I quickly go off fish or any animal food when I revert back)

#4 kench

• 17 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 April 2021 - 11:23 PM

I have also had more arrhythmias lately. Maybe while trying to increase my night fast, but not well correlated.

Also, a friend suggested that some people were getting more arrhythmias shortly after their second vaccine shot.

Make sure you're not getting low on electrolytes, especially magnesium and potassium.

• like x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: fasting

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users