muscle

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 kurdishfella

• 2,397 posts
  • NO

Posted 03 May 2021 - 03:50 AM

If you don't know what I am talking about here is a description: 

Based on a genetic marker in the ACTN3 gene. This marker controls whether muscle cells produce a protein (called alpha-actinin-3) that's found in fast-twitch muscle fibers. While some people don't produce this protein at all, almost all of the elite power athletes who have been studied have a genetic variant that allows them to produce the protein. This suggests that the protein may be beneficial at least at the highest levels of power-based athletic competition.

Look at this picture: https://imgur.com/a/YSigLfK

As you can see I have the CT but I would like to have the CC. Is it possible to get it with the use of drugs or supplements?

I also wonder. If a person with CT has a offspring with someone that has CC, which one will the offspring have, random? 

I don't know if the African is African Americans or people that live in the Sub Saharan. Because we know when the black race was enslaved they choose the strongest one to breed on. So it is kind of deceiving. But the CC is obviously better than the CT. I also wonder what the percentage are for middle easterns and samoans? 

And samoans and african americans have something else called warrior gene which is low MAO and I wonder if that affects muscles somehow.

I heard good things about pequi oil supplementation.

Also while I am on this topic. What other genes could affect muscles etc? Do steroids activate this (ACTN3) pathway?
And is this gene implicated in penile size and sexuality? 

And something else a mutation called myostatin deficiency, is it possible to induce? I know it might cause heart problems from too much muscle and especially if you work out. These will cause high blood pressure which means your whole body muscles are being used more/better. And does this have any connection to aging and bone strength etc?

Edited by kurdishfella, 03 May 2021 - 04:04 AM.

#2 kurdishfella

• Topic Starter
  • 2,397 posts
  • NO

Posted 31 December 2021 - 09:37 AM

In a published scientific study, it was found that T:T horses (i.e. suited to exercise requiring stamina) had significantly lower cellular levels of CoQ10 than C:C horses (i.e. suited to sprint exercise)

#3 kurdishfella

• Topic Starter
  • 2,397 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 May 2022 - 05:43 AM

I wonder if people with CT and CC Are More mixed.

sponsored ad

• Advert

#4 wunschtaria

• 3 posts

Posted 20 April 2023 - 06:34 AM

To what extent are CT and CC individuals alike?

#5 lastflag

• 3 posts

Posted 23 November 2023 - 09:50 AM

To what extent are CT and CC people alike?

slope

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: muscle

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users