- - - - -

Early Onset Alz, Down syndrome, EPPS, Curcumin a discussion

alzheimers down syndrome epps curcumin

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 apensity1

• 2 posts

Posted 12 June 2021 - 07:06 PM

So quick overview... I have either developing dementia or early onset Alzheimer's disease (I have the genetics for it unfortunately, and my memory is quickly degenerating -- I just turned 50, but have had memory issues since my late 30's). My 16 year old daughter has Down syndrome. I have been doing a lot of research and it seems the two issues (AD and Down syndrome) both deal with similar issues relating to plaque buildup within the brain. I have read a long thread here about the use of EPPS to reduce plaques in the brain (a study out of Korea in 2015 suggested this in mouse models). However, I can't find any other research using EPPS or curcumin in treating these diseases/issues specifically. Just wanted to see if anyone knew of anything out there I haven't been able to find, or have any info you could share relating to the use of these to reduce cognitive effects from these diseases/issues, or if you know of lead researchers in this field I may be able to research. Thank you for any input!

#2 Believer

• 437 posts

Posted 18 June 2021 - 09:54 AM

High dose E vitamin (minimum 1500iu to maximum 2000iu) can prevent further damage and loss of brain cells

No matter what protein is causing your degeneration, it almost always involves oxidative stress and inflammation so targeting oxidative stress should be sufficient

High dose melatonin (over 60mg) is also a powerful neuroprotectant

First focus on these antioxidants and then secondly focus on removing "toxins" (AB apparently is neuroprotective in small quantities)

Remember vitamin E is a blood thinner

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 apensity1

• Topic Starter
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 June 2021 - 03:42 PM

@Believer -  "AB apparently is neuroprotective in small quantities" -- sorry, what is "AB"? Thanks for the feedback.

#4 Believer

• 437 posts

Posted 18 June 2021 - 06:45 PM

Amyloid Beta plaque, has a necessary function just like lipoprotein cholesterol plaque.

Too much causes disease.

• Needs references x 1
  • Enjoying the show x 1
  • Informative x 1
  • Agree x 1

#5 thompson92

• Registrant
  • 61 posts

Posted 21 June 2021 - 08:55 AM

Homotaurine and EPPS are sometimes looked at interchangeably under these circumstances by providing similar mechanism of action.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#6 ceridwen

• 1,292 posts

Member Away

Posted 22 June 2021 - 12:08 AM

I would say that the most promising treatment for dementia seems to be the ADORA2B protein which has just been very successful in reversing the disease in a trial on mice.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: alzheimers, down syndrome, epps, curcumin

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users