• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

How do you deal with losing motivation, happiness etc as you get older?

aging

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 kurdishfella

• 2,397 posts
  • NO

Posted 11 August 2021 - 03:48 PM

We are at our youngest the most happy, motivated, enjoy things but that fades slowly (depending on who) with age as wisedom, confidence goes up.

#2 Kentavr

• 347 posts

Posted 12 August 2021 - 08:16 AM

I use a proven supplement that I have personally verified to be effective. The description can be found here (message number 6):

https://www.longecit...-to-start-here/

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

#3 kurdishfella

• Topic Starter
  • 2,397 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 August 2021 - 10:40 PM

That's symptoms of aging im talking mind purely.

Edited by kurdishfella, 17 August 2021 - 10:41 PM.

#4 edudix

• 6 posts

Posted 20 August 2021 - 10:43 AM

As we age there is a loss of dopamine in our brain. This neurotransmitter is related to motivation, the search for rewards, the desire to start new projects, etc.

Some of the personality traits related to longevity such as impulsivity, low neuroticism or openness to new experiences, curiously are also related to dopamine (De Young)

The discoverer of Deprenyl and Selegiline, Joseph Knoll investigated how dopamine influenced the possibility of prolonging life. Degrading the MAO-B enzyme allows more dopamine to be available in the brain, keeping the initiative and the will to live constant, the drive to create and discover.

Aging means stopping enjoying the things that motivated us, losing our ikigai, stopping loving and falling in love, and all these behaviors depend on the amount of dopamine in our brain.

As a psychologist I have spent many years researching aging and dopamine. The result of this research is my book "Dopamina el arma secreta contra el envejecimiento" (Dopamine: the secret weapon against aging) that at the moment is not translated into English. DOPAMINA: EL ARMA SECRETA CONTRA EL ENVEJECIMIENTO (dopaminaging.com)

#5 Oakman

Posted 21 August 2021 - 01:53 PM

"We are at our youngest the most happy, motivated, enjoy things but that fades slowly (depending on who) with age as wisdom, confidence goes up."

Why do you think so? I wouldn't go back to my youngest years for anything. Stress, worries, confusion, self-consciousness, unreasoned decisions, poor judgement... kept me less than happy, less than motivated, and are just a few of the limitations of being young.

When younger, I only thought I had more wisdom, more motivation. Now I more correctly know my level of wisdom and confidence. IMHO Age brings better, more realistic self assessment.

Edited by Oakman, 21 August 2021 - 01:54 PM.

#6 kurdishfella

• Topic Starter
  • 2,397 posts
  • NO

Posted 22 August 2021 - 12:51 AM

When were at our youngest we have most life-energy force and brain cells which decline and meditation (learn to use your brain, mind and deep thinking etc) helped me. Also pushing trough pain, when I'm tired I keep going, I purposely put myself in anxious situations, force myself to find boring things enjoyable and focus always and aware, and always see things as if it is the first time seeing it or hearing. And pursue different hobbies seriously but at the same time not too serious and humor kept. I try to think like (how they view the world so positively etc) an baby/kid in some ways and aspects but at the same time the benefits of being adult.

Edited by kurdishfella, 22 August 2021 - 01:19 AM.

#7 kurdishfella

• Topic Starter
  • 2,397 posts
  • NO

Posted 28 August 2021 - 11:06 AM

Our moods affect what we wanna do. Some moods you wanna listen to music other times you wanna listen to people talk and learn. It's about finding a way to stay on a similar balanced mood to want to do everything. Our moods are higher younger we like everything all the time. never bored. longer you can withstand things like pain or not being around people (social) without losing your mind(moods) etc

Edited by kurdishfella, 28 August 2021 - 11:14 AM.

#8 joesixpack

• 457 posts
  • NO

Posted 07 September 2021 - 01:33 AM

Vodka.

• WellResearched x 1

#9 kurdishfella

• Topic Starter
  • 2,397 posts
  • NO

Posted 16 March 2022 - 12:54 PM

age related boredom https://www.arborcom...-are-important  all forms of your thoughts and feelings are projected outwards in the form of a energy vibration to others. ''Too ugly to be around such beauty''

Edited by kurdishfella, 16 March 2022 - 01:13 PM.

#10 Mr Serendipity

• 979 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 March 2022 - 12:54 AM

I hope for a cure, the day they can say take this pill or do this specific therapy and you won’t be bipolar or ocd anymore forever.

#11 Kentavr

• 347 posts

Posted 25 March 2022 - 01:17 PM

I hope for a cure, the day they can say take this pill or do this specific therapy and you won’t be bipolar or ocd anymore forever.

Unfortunately, this is hardly possible.

As far as I know, psychoses, borderline personality disorders and quite a significant part of neuroses are the result of mental developmental delays at a certain period of life. 

Psychoses are delays in mental development at a very early age (0 to 1 year).

Borderline personality disorders - delayed mental development from 8 months to 3 years of age.

Neurotic - delayed mental development from 3 to 6 years old + adolescence.
Yes, some neuroses are also caused by delayed mental development later in life!

A healthy adult psyche is self-satisfaction, satisfaction with close relationships, plus normal social adaptation.

However, if a traumatic event occurred during the aforementioned periods of a person's life that led to a delay in brain function development, then a part of the brain remains underdeveloped as an adult, formed person. 

This cannot be solved with an ordinary pill. It is necessary to "build up the psyche".  It may also be necessary to use medication, but as an adjunct.

The treatment consists in the following:
the psychotherapist (preferably a psychoanalyst) sees the patient 5 times a week (!) and creates the psychic functions through close interaction with the patient.
This process is not quick and takes from 3 to 5 years.

Yes, 5 days a week, with no breaks, for 3-5 years!

For 3 to 5 years, the patient uses the therapist as a "DONOR", because he himself will not be able to form a structure with which he is not familiar.
The brain forcibly begins to form neural connections and entire structures responsible for the proper functioning of the psyche. It is only after this time that he recovers.
He forms enough connections during that time to begin to perceive the world as a healthy person.

A 100% recovery is impossible, but there will be no more pathology. The patient will begin to perceive and understand the world normally.

Now think about it: is it possible to cure such disorders with pills alone? Of course not. Pills in this case act as an auxiliary tool.

Edited by Kentavr, 25 March 2022 - 01:33 PM.

#12 Bike_to_120

• Registrant
  • 39 posts
  • NO

Posted 26 March 2022 - 02:50 AM

curiosity

so much to learn and so little time

• Good Point x 1
  • Agree x 1

#13 kurdishfella

• Topic Starter
  • 2,397 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 April 2022 - 03:58 PM

what ive noticed as people age they hide and suppress their positive-beneficial  emotions  like curiosity to appear more adult-like and encourage negative emotions and habits etc due to how most people are. And they usually reveal their true intentions when alone. And they never grow out of the fear (which they should when becoming adult) they develop quickly as kids. People create artificial feelings and thoughts (vice versa) thus situations.

Edited by kurdishfella, 06 April 2022 - 04:30 PM.

#14 kurdishfella

• Topic Starter
  • 2,397 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 April 2022 - 06:11 PM

People will take a lot of care on their outside appearance but on the inside they are rotting 

#15 Elusive

• 103 posts

Posted 02 May 2022 - 11:45 PM

Environmental pressures, stresses of going through life, social pressures and fears (like people will not take me seriously if I look and feel curious, happy, excited or positive most of the time, etc. etc). 

Seriousness is actually a cancer that eats the soul/mind of a person. Curiosity, wonder, creativity, mild excitement ( but not hyper) and an optimistic outlook are the pre-requisite neural/brain states that are implicated in deep learning, acquiring information and converting it into short & long term memories. Effectively Recalling those memories require mostly the same states, with only swapping excitement with relaxation.   

For some people, as they age, their neurotransmitters go through gradual degradation and this could happen because of many reasons...

Poor diet, not moving enough, smoking and alcoholism, and then powerful environmental and social pressures, not to mention the misguided expectations of other people. They all play a negatively powerful role in depressing and mutilating the eco-system we call brain. 

Please do not confuse the above with conforming to social norms, those norms we must have, as functional values. e.g. giving respect to elders (Japan) because they have the "experience of life" that younger people can learn something about (like how life actually works?).

Or Death is NOT the end of existence but simply the exiting the simulation we call human life/experience.

Or fundamentally, we are not physical beings but Pure Awareness have a temporary experience call 'Physicality'.

This type of understanding re-wires the brain (from childhood) in a very different way and the values that come out of such knowing are totally the opposite to what we have today. The results are right in front of us. We can't escape those. 

Brain needs a functional and healthy psychology to run and produce results. That psychology could be akin to an operating system! The grander and deeper your operating system, the more dynamically you will use your hardware (brain). Thoughts/emotions/desire (non-physical energy) create new neurons and glial cell (physical matter) and not the other way round!

This is also of the utmost importance that we understand the effects of declining family values, individual isolation (I, me and myself mind-set instead of the shared-organism attitudes and beliefs). An organism sharing with it's environment, animals, nature and people. The organism is NOT separate from the environment! And... this is NOT an invitation to becoming a snow-flake tree hugger! It's about developing a positive, curious, creative, well-grounded, resilient, cultured, realistic, service oriented and a learning mind-set that will go a long way.  

Did I mention the "regular steaming hot SEX with long fore-play", which signals the brain to keep the DHEA, Pregnenolone  and other important anti-aging hormones at optimum levels, even as you hit 60s, and keep us sharp and smart? 

If not ALL of the above then what you have is a broken brain by the time you hit 40. And these days, contributing to the dysfunction is the mindless love-affair with social media, trying to find worth and value in a place where none exist.  Instead of meeting and taking to people face to face, we are glued to our phones and tablets. It has the same effect of dumbing the mind like endless tv watching. Now the tv has migrated from the living room into the palm of our hand. 

Creating an internet based business is totally different and a productive use of talent/time/resources and energy!

So the answer to your question: 

How do you deal with losing motivation and happiness as you get older?

Well, it can be found in the paragraphs above but it would require a 180 degree turn by the whole society!

Are we ready?

Edited by Elusive, 03 May 2022 - 12:19 AM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

#16 EvaWhite

• 35 posts

Posted 17 July 2022 - 05:13 PM

I don't think medications can provide you motivation. You need to start meditations, do exercises to keep yourself motivated.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: aging

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users