phosphatidylcholine choline phosphatidylserine

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 caliban

• Admin, Advisor, Director
  • 9,152 posts

Posted 15 September 2021 - 01:48 PM

https://brain.forever-healthy.org/display/EN/Phospholipid+Therapy

There is good evidence that PLT is effective for short-medium term use in the treatment of many disease conditions. The benefits are mostly of small magnitude, and dependent on continuous supplementation as they diminished significantly when therapy was discontinued. There are almost no reported serious adverse drug effects, regardless of route of administration.
However, despite the widespread use of PLT over the last 50 years, data on the benefits in healthy individuals is extremely limited.
On the other hand, the major long-term risks, though largely still hypothetical, are serious. Recent publications on high dietary intake of phosphatidylcholine and its correlation with increased all-cause mortality, increased risk of lethal prostate cancer and increased risk of acute myocardial infarction warrant serious reflection on the safety of long-term supplementation with phosphatidylcholine-containing products. A possible explanatory mechanism for the damage caused by the consumption of high levels of choline-containing products has already been shown in a clinical study.
Based on the analysis of all currently available data, we find that short-term supplementation with phosphatidylcholine is a potential treatment option for cases of known liver disease, cognitive impairment, or in conjunction with NSAIDs.
Whether the benefits may also outweigh the risks in a generally healthy population is unknown. If one decides to supplement with phospholipids, risk mitigation measures such as measurement of TMAO and stool analysis should be performed regularly.
We recommend against the use of phosphatidylcholine supplementation in the case of known CVD until the situation regarding the PC-related production of TMAO and its role in CVD has been further clarified.

Suggested treatment protocol

• follow the risk mitigation strategies and be aware of the general contraindications
  • choose a qualified physician
  • 1800 mg/day of oral "Essentiale" (phosphatidylcholine), divided into 3 doses, taken with meals

• Informative x 4

#2 Neurocryo

• 54 posts

Posted 08 October 2021 - 10:13 PM

I’m in my early 30s and have the bad variants for phosphatidylcholine synthesis.  For my 20s I never supplemented but then I started taking alpha GPC, beef liver, and now PhosCol.  If you’re healthy and have the bad variants for that pathway I would recommend giving this a try.  Krill seems to help me too but again, I have the bad PEMT variant, there’s another variant too that I can’t recall that I am also bad with phosphatidylcholine with.  TONs of people are homozygous recessive for the bad PEMT.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Mr Matsubayashi

• 226 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 October 2021 - 06:39 AM

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but it looks like the amount of phospholipids consumed daily with normal food closely reflects the supplementation levels in the study you linked. 

Table 3 g/kg 

https://www.research...or_Antioxidants

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#4 Mr Matsubayashi

• 226 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 October 2021 - 12:02 PM

Correcting myself, that link I sent showing g/kg is actually percentages. Looking a random study, dietary range of PC is 130mg to 300mg /day. A 1800mg pill is about 6x normal daily consumption. 

Random study

sci-hub.st/https://pubmed.ncbi....h.gov/27281307/

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: phosphatidylcholine, choline, phosphatidylserine

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users