• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo

Attempting To Further Reduce Biological Age: Reducing Glucose (Without Messing Up Other Biomarkers)

diet and health personalization

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Michael Lustgarten

• 343 posts
  • NO

Posted 19 September 2021 - 09:37 AM

https://www.youtube....h?v=hPmx2AOOT7U

Attached Files

Edited by Michael Lustgarten, 19 September 2021 - 09:46 AM.

#2 Harkijn

• 808 posts
  • NO

Posted 19 September 2021 - 02:08 PM

Interesting video Michael, thank you. In order to keep homocysteine low you might also consider minimizing methionine intake, so: less sardines, cheese, yoghurt. Taking omega 3s by an algal oil supplement might be the best way forward....

Edited by Harkijn, 19 September 2021 - 02:09 PM.

Click HERE to rent this GENETICS advertising spot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Michael Lustgarten

• Topic Starter
  • 343 posts
  • NO

Posted 19 September 2021 - 02:10 PM

Interesting video Michael, thank you. In order to keep homocysteine low you might also consider minimize methionine intake, so: less sardines, cheese, yoghurt. Eating omega 3s by an algal oil supplement might be the best way forward...

Thanks Harkijn. Cutting protein-containing foods may send my homocysteine in the wrong direction-see this video for that data (starting at 9:13):

https://youtu.be/y6joAp_UghQ?t=553

#4 albedo

• 2,063 posts
  • NO

Posted 19 September 2021 - 02:35 PM

Thank you Michael.

• How would you or literature explain the flattening in FG happening (for males) at about age 50?
  • Is there a value for your analysis to track also HgA1C? As this is basically a glucose metabolism average indication it might reduce the noise intrinsic to tracking FG only?
  • My average FG over 25 years is ~90 mg/dl and A1C ~5.4 with the latter showing a slight increase trend though, known to happen as you age. Only time I succeed to drastically reduce A1C was when doing doing Zone rigorously and strongly reduce carbs.

#5 Michael Lustgarten

• Topic Starter
  • 343 posts
  • NO

Posted 19 September 2021 - 02:45 PM

Thank you Michael.

• How would you or literature explain the flattening in FG happening (for males) at about age 50?
  • Is there a value for your analysis to track also HgA1C? As this is basically a glucose metabolism average indication it might reduce the noise intrinsic to tracking FG only?
  • My average FG over 25 years is ~90 mg/dl and A1C ~5.4 with the latter showing a slight increase trend though, known to happen as you age. Only time I succeed to drastically reduce A1C was when doing doing Zone rigorously and strongly reduce carbs.

Hi albedo, my best guess would be further increases for insulin to try to limit the age-related glucose increase. Either way, not good, though.

My latest HbA1c was 5.3%, Sept 2021 test. I'd posit that it isn't an aging effect (for glucose), but dietary. I may have to cut the overall fat intake to see if that's the driving factor behind the higher glucose. However, higher fat is correlated with higher HDL and lower inflammation (in my data), so it's about finding the sweet spot...

Click HERE to rent this GENETICS advertising spot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#6 albedo

• 2,063 posts
  • NO

Posted 19 September 2021 - 04:17 PM

Hi albedo, my best guess would be further increases for insulin to try to limit the age-related glucose increase. Either way, not good, though.

My latest HbA1c was 5.3%, Sept 2021 test. I'd posit that it isn't an aging effect (for glucose), but dietary. I may have to cut the overall fat intake to see if that's the driving factor behind the higher glucose. However, higher fat is correlated with higher HDL and lower inflammation (in my data), so it's about finding the sweet spot...

I agree Michael. A bit strange then my results where, with FG basically flat, A1C slightly increases and fasting insulin slightly decreases. How does insulin go with age at population level?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users