* * * * * 1 votes

Supplements to accelerate/mitigate opiate withdrawal

supplements

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 cptfalcon

• 2 posts

Posted 15 October 2021 - 03:14 AM

Looking for a regiment of supplements to go along with prescribed alprazolam. The goal is to be able to minimize the alprazolam as much as possible with other supplements or drugs. Here's what i'm thinking so far, but need advice on possible interactions or other things to add.

1. ALCAR -- Studies show that it can help to mitigate damage done to receptors

2. L-Thenaine -- for relaxation, RLS, etc.

3. Magnesium -- for RLS

4. Melatonin -- for sleep

5. Daily Vitamin

The other thing I was considering was a normal dose of DXM. As an NMDA receptor antagonist, studies have shown it is effective in reducing effects of withdrawal. However, this sounds questionable in combination with alprazolam.

• Needs references x 1

#2 OneScrewLoose

• 2,378 posts
  • NO

Posted 19 October 2021 - 02:08 AM

DXM is perfectly fine with alprazolam. Not sure if it will help though. I know it can be of tremendous use when taking it with the opiate in the first place to prevent tolerance from ever developing, but I am not sure it can help with withdrawal after the fact. Got any info on this? I'd like to see the ALCAR studies as well if you have them.

If you can get it, clonidine is your best bet. It has a proven history of helping withdrawal symptoms. It can be taken with the alprazolam as well, but you would need to monitor your blood pressure.

I can't think of any supplements off hand right now that might help, but I'll think on it. Well, you could take Ashwagandha to relax I suppose, but it's not going to directly counteract the withdrawal, but it might help you feel better.

Extremely strenuous exercise would help if you can manage it, so you can get some endorphin release, which binds to the same receptor as opiates.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Galaxyshock

• 1,460 posts

Posted 19 October 2021 - 07:05 AM

https://www.longecit...al-supplements/

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#4 OneScrewLoose

• 2,378 posts
  • NO

Posted 19 October 2021 - 09:29 PM

A lot of the recommendations in that thread are hit and miss, but I can't believe I didn't think of Kratom. Duh, that would easily be your best bet.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: supplements

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users