- - - - -

Personalized Medicine

personalized medicine supplements regimen

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 9lives

• 33 posts

Posted 05 November 2021 - 06:00 AM

Personally, I'm in favor of a supplement regimen that's specific to one's physiology - rather than a 1 size fits all approach. I could post my list of supplements, but some supplements I take might be a waste of money for some (or even counterproductive). With that said, there are a few that are generally beneficial for good health and anti-aging ... I can talk about those too. Supplementation should take into consideration one's age, health conditions, diet, lifestyle, medications, and other factors. Personalized medicine is where it's at!

Here's my approach to optimizing a supplement regimen:

1) Start with the DRI's (Dietary Reference Intakes) as a baseline according to your gender and age group. If you don't know where to get the values, use this link:  http://www.beyondorg...calculator.html

2) Get your genomic profile done through 23andMe or a similar service. Do not use the ancestry kits, as these kits don't have enough data on clinically relevant genes. Readjust dosages.

3) Run your blood labs now if you haven't already. Having 1 before starting is even better so you can trend the changes in your biomarkers. Readjust dosages.

4) If you can, spring for a micro-nutrient or OATS test. Readjust dosages.

5) Repeat lab tests and dosage changes until you're dialed in.

Allow some time between each step, since your body rebalances itself. Titrating your supplements up or down will be needed as you get new lab test results back.

Don't add in the more advanced supplements if you haven't started with the basics like a multi-vitamin. Why? Because the foundational supplements like a multi are the raw ingredients needed for the advanced supplements (or therapies) to do their work!

If you've started down this path and want my opinion, feel free to post here or DM me.

Yours in health,

9lives

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: personalized medicine, supplements, regimen

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users