• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

Any men here who've tried Micro-needling?

dr pen dermaroller

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 TheFountain

• 5,362 posts

Posted 22 November 2021 - 03:10 AM

So 

At 36 years of age, about to turn 37 I have purchased the Dr. Pen tool featuring 10 cartridges containing a micro-needle assembly. 

I have watched some DIY videos which intrigued me which is why I purchased this device. 

Now, the videos I watched were of a woman around my age doing this same procedure. Her skin looks absolutely flawless. She showed pictures of her previously sun damaged facial skin and she actually looks younger now than she did then. That's when I clicked on the buy option for the pen she used. 

Now, as a man, I am wondering if any other men have tried Micro-needling for extended periods of time? Particularly on the beard area where we shave ourselves every day?

Like, what did it feel like, was it complete and utter torture to shave the next day? 

My presumption is no issues regarding wearing a sunblock, in fact that's exactly what we would want to do under these circumstances and while in recovery. 

Looking to hear from other men who already successfully did Micro-needling. 

Edited by TheFountain, 22 November 2021 - 03:12 AM.

#2 Qowpel

• 355 posts

Posted 24 November 2021 - 12:04 AM

I have microneedled. It made my skin look better for sure, but fasting will also do that as well as consistent sunscreen usage.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for AGELESS LOOKS to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 TheFountain

• Topic Starter
  • 5,362 posts

Posted 24 November 2021 - 09:01 PM

I have microneedled. It made my skin look better for sure, but fasting will also do that as well as consistent sunscreen usage.

I do all that. Been wearing a Sun block since aged 24 actually every single day on the face. 

Also use Amlactin once a week to deal with skin atrophy prevention. But even with sunblocks for 13 years, I believe there are some UV rays that still cause micro-fissures in the skins barrier and micro-needling might be one of the only ways to address it. I think the protocol calls for once every 4-6 weeks about 6-8 times total, over the corse of a year.

I am referring to a relatively expensive micro-needling device not a standard derma-roller. 

#4 Qowpel

• 355 posts

Posted 26 November 2021 - 08:55 AM

Hmm what exactly do you mean by skin atrophy? You mean amlactin prevents Subcutaneous Fat atrophy?

#5 TheFountain

• Topic Starter
  • 5,362 posts

Posted 28 November 2021 - 05:44 PM

Hmm what exactly do you mean by skin atrophy? You mean amlactin prevents Subcutaneous Fat atrophy?

There was a study several years ago showing that it reversed skin atrophy (sagging and thinning) caused by Hydrocortisone. And the study showed a very quick and expedient reversal thereof. Talkin months maybe. Using it just a couple times a week. 

So, that revealed to me it can potentially reverse atrophy regardless of the cause of it.

#6 happy lemon

• 275 posts

Posted 30 November 2021 - 12:43 PM

Me.

https://www.longecit...ndpost&p=841149

My latest needling protocol is to follow the advice of Dr. Desmond Fernandes: 4 sessions in 10 days.

His latest works was summarized by the following lady:

http://www.skinremod...r-skin-needling

In addition to the frequency of needing that I mentioned above; I suggest that you take a look of other comments of Dr. Fernandes:

1.  Pre Needling.  Use Vitamin C & Vitamin A weeks before needling so as to prep your skin.

2.  Post Needling.  Also, you should use Vitamin A & Vitamin C after needling; no anti-inflammatory skin care products till the fifth day

3.  Bleeding.  Dr. Fernandes stressed the importance of bleeding:
"In summary, the needle has to be long enough to prick blood vessels in the papillary dermis. Shorter needles into the epidermis cannot produce equivalent results because bleeding and the release of platelet‐derived growth factors are the driving force for the changes created by skin needling, and no bleeding essentially means no results."

• unsure x 1
  • Enjoying the show x 1

#7 bosharpe

• 239 posts
  • NO

Posted 01 December 2021 - 01:49 PM

I bought a Dr Pen months back but ended up selling it. I think I found I didn't have the time/feel confident using it, so sold it on as quick as possible to make at least some money back. I did however just buy a derma roller for my hair line, I'd like to start using soon. Will let you know my progress with that.

#8 TheFountain

• Topic Starter
  • 5,362 posts

Posted 06 December 2021 - 06:01 AM

I bought a Dr Pen months back but ended up selling it. I think I found I didn't have the time/feel confident using it, so sold it on as quick as possible to make at least some money back. I did however just buy a derma roller for my hair line, I'd like to start using soon. Will let you know my progress with that.

I don't have hairline issues. I would be using it for skin care. 

I will consult a dermatologist prior to using the Dr. Pen device. If not hiring one to use it on me at first. 

#9 Juangalt

• 67 posts

Posted 02 April 2022 - 09:03 PM

Yes, and although I can't be sure that it did anything, I don't have many wrinkles at 40. I've done it maybe 30 times over the last 7 years, usually fairly deep (using hyaluronic acid) to the point that I get some peeling, but sometimes more shallow just to allow better absorption of serums. I've also used it at my hairline. It's hard to say if the improvement I saw was that or the minoxidil and dutasteride I started, but there are studies saying that micro needling doubles the results of minoxidil. Throw away the dermaroller and get your Dr. Pen back.

However, I did recently make a huge mistake and experiment with micro needling Botox into the surface of the skin, particularly on the nose, where I have extremely large pores. The idea being that by preventing sebum production, the pores would no longer be stretched by the sebaceous filament and would be diminished. I had heard of some clinics doing this. It made everything worse, probably by weakening the muscle surrounding the pore. I'm just praying that it wears off fully and there is some improvement because it looks atrocious right now.

• Enjoying the show x 1

#10 ironfistx

• 1,172 posts

Posted 18 April 2022 - 05:39 AM

There's a thread I made while I used a dermastamp.

https://www.longecit...amp-experiment/

There seems to be no consensus on how often it should be done.  Some people say every few days, some people say every 6 weeks

According to what I've imagined, probably only versions with a needle work.  I believe kinds with many points will create damage.

Edited by ironfistx, 18 April 2022 - 05:46 AM.

#11 illerrre

• 51 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 March 2023 - 12:52 PM

Any update on this? Any science?

I am not sure if I should continue micro needling or not. Hopeful for potential benefits, scared of potential damages. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: dr pen, dermaroller

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users