* * * * * 1 votes

300mg per day NMN increases PBMC telomere length

nmn telomere length

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9 replies to this topic

#1 MikeDC

• 1,570 posts

Posted 29 November 2021 - 11:28 PM

300mg per day oral NMN increases 40-65 year old PBMC telomere length almost 100% in 3 months. The equivalent NR dose is 210mg. The equivalent NAM dose is 110mg. https://www.frontier...021.756243/full
  • like x 4
  • Informative x 2
  • unsure x 1

#2 Harkijn

• 808 posts
  • NO

Posted 30 November 2021 - 07:05 AM

I did not find back the equivalent doses in the paper. Your own calculation?

Peculiar too see that NMN played a negative role as regards Akkermansia on the one hand and Helicobacter on the other hand.

• Good Point x 1
  • Informative x 1

#3 QuestforLife

• NO

Posted 06 December 2021 - 12:46 PM

I did not find back the equivalent doses in the paper. Your own calculation?

The dose is stated on pages 3 and 8. 

#4 Harkijn

• 808 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 December 2021 - 06:23 PM

Thank you, Quest. I overlooked that.

#5 able

• 851 posts
  • NO

Posted 12 December 2021 - 03:38 AM

300mg per day oral NMN increases 40-65 year old PBMC telomere length almost 100% in 3 months. The equivalent NR dose is 210mg. The equivalent NAM dose is 110mg. https://www.frontier...021.756243/full

There was no comparison or testing here with NR or NAM.

I guess you mean to imply that IF they had the same effect, a smaller dose might be required as they weigh less than NMN?

#6 MikeDC

• Topic Starter
  • 1,570 posts

Posted 12 December 2021 - 04:46 AM

There was no comparison or testing here with NR or NAM.

I guess you mean to imply that IF they had the same effect, a smaller dose might be required as they weigh less than NMN?

Correct. All existing evidence says there is little difference between NMN, NR, and NAM.
  • Needs references x 4

#7 greenwich

• 32 posts
  • NO

Posted 16 December 2021 - 09:12 PM

I have been taking NMN 350mg and TMG 500mg for two days. Hoping the TMG will stave off the headaches and exhaustion (possibly due to methyl depletion) reported by many long-term NMN users. Here the effect is corraborated?

Specifically, among these metabolites, D-proline, pipecolic acid, and (E)-5-(3,4,5,6-Tetrahydro-3-pyridylidenemethyl)-2-furanmethanol were down-regulated, while hypoxanthine, inosine, guanine, 1-Methylnicotinamide, N1-Methyl-4-pyridone-3-carboxamide, niacinamide, nicotinamide N-oxide, 3-Formyl-6-hydroxyindole, N-acetylhistidine, N-acetyltryptophan, and 6-Hydroxy-1H-indole-3-acetamide were upregulated in the NMN group compared to the control group

It's curious to me that David Sinclair claims to take 1g NMN/d but doesn't say how he remethylates.

Edited by greenwich, 16 December 2021 - 09:20 PM.

#8 able

• 851 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 December 2021 - 02:59 PM

I have been taking NMN 350mg and TMG 500mg for two days. Hoping the TMG will stave off the headaches and exhaustion (possibly due to methyl depletion) reported by many long-term NMN users. Here the effect is corraborated?

It's curious to me that David Sinclair claims to take 1g NMN/d but doesn't say how he remethylates.

He did say in at least one video about a year ago that he takes TMG.  He hasn't been mentioning it lately however.

He said he is not sure it is needed, but feels it is safe and good "insurance".  I believe he was taking same quantity as NMN, or 1,000 mg a day.

Edited by able, 17 December 2021 - 03:01 PM.

#9 Kentavr

• 347 posts

Posted 21 December 2021 - 01:26 PM

So many different things lengthen telomeres: alpha lipoic acid, statins, polyphenols, hyperbaric oxygen ... even diet! This is not surprising at the moment.

Boring... When will there be real advances in life extension research?

#10 MikeDC

• Topic Starter
  • 1,570 posts

Posted 21 December 2021 - 01:49 PM

So many different things lengthen telomeres: alpha lipoic acid, statins, polyphenols, hyperbaric oxygen ... even diet! This is not surprising at the moment.
Boring... When will there be real advances in life extension research?

Hyperbaric oxygen only increased telomere by 20-30%. NAD+ precursor supplementation is much cheaper and safer. This tells you NAD+ is the key.
  • Agree x 2
  • like x 1

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users