- - - - -

My hi-tech stack for (atypical) depression

depression regime depression regime depression stack

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Frank Walter

• 4 posts

Posted 05 April 2022 - 07:00 PM

I suffer from depression very badly since it got worse month by month. I went to a few psychiatrists with little to no benefits. With them I tried escitalopram, which helped a bit, but dropped for prolactine increase (which lead to sexyual dysfunction), and then tried paroxetine, which helped a lot for a little anxiety I had, but not for depression, and then sertraline which did very little since I can't figure out what exactly. So I went to research more aggressive antidepressant options with the knowledge I started building up and this is what is helping me very much (even though I will post updates). I do not take fancy nootropics that only help with cognition, oxidative stress etc... because at the moment I have just a goal and I don't want to mess up things since they are already complicated enough.
I don't say the dosages because it varies from person to person and you can find a guide by reading the package leaflet.
  • Pirlindole: SNRI and RIMA, its antidepressive effect starts from day one because of the MAO-A inhibition, contrary to a normal SNRI where symptoms get worse. Best antidepressive in SSRIs/MAOI class IMHO. Still maintaining the neurotrophic effects of SSRIs. Compared to 300mg of methylene blue which is the only other RIMA I have tried feels it is extremely more potent (as it should being also an SNRI), especially in regards to norepinephrine, I am very impulsive or "explosive" when for example I recognize someone on the street etc... At first this could also become excessive for me since for example I started to raise my voice so much in excitement. For anxiety I would not know what to tell you regarding my personal experience, as I have never been extremely anxious except years ago where I had a social anxiety on a level that I was afraid even to go out the front door, however it went waning as soon as I started taking psychiatric drugs. However even before starting the stack I have always been depressed and not anxious in social settings, I can tell you that now I am much more active and empathetic. But beyond my experience it is very suitable for anxiety.
  • Selegiline: selective irreversible inhibitor for MAO-B, it increases dopamine concentration, probably I'll drop it because there isn't really a need for it. Depression is not because of low dopamine, low dopamine is because of depression. All those people who are trying the most dopaminergic ways are just curing the symptomps of depression and some day they will feel worse. (take a look at something called dopamine (or amphetamine) withdrawal, it is something that acts on nmdar pathways and is cured by ketamine which is an antidepressant... so yeah you are worsening your depression directly by acting in the same pathways).
  • Ketamine: It is very fun and it reverses the epigenetic changes caused by stress that lead to depression. You get an instant antidepressive effect that lasts for a lot of days, continuous treatment ideally increase the duration of a single administration. Just do not abuse it because of bladder issues and also because of that do not use it as only treatment (it is approved as an adjiuvant).
  • Cerebrolsyn: It is a concentration of neurotrophic factors used in a lot of neurodegenerative diseases, so it helps a lot here for potentiating the (already happening because of other pharma) neuronal changes that recover you from depression in the long term.
One day pirlindole will be substituted by serotonin releaser agent, I also find that psychedelics helps with depression, so it might have some psychedelics proprieties.
I will replace it when I find or come out an SRA (with RIMA proprieties) that will suit me, at the moment a lot of SRAs have also been discovered for antidepressant purposes (such as MDAI), however they have not been investigated that much and eventually approved, so I need time to eventually find someone with better effects than pirlindole (I've always preferred them in general), then I also talk about psychedelic effects because there are some like 6-APB that actually has them, but they have many side effects that make them unsustainable in the long run like cardiotoxicity.
One last thing. As you can see from this stack and the latest research on depression, efforts are now not only on increasing neurotransmitters to have an immediate effect, but also on neural circuits, neuroplasticity etc ... This is because atypical depression is a function of our body to adapt to stress, as well as genetic causes. So I realized that I can't expect to have big improvements if I don't remove the causes of my stress from my life, because at the same time as the depression that is gradually being treated by the drugs, the brain is gradually giving me more because of the stress; by uncontrollable stress I mean for example being subject to abusers. It is clear that this is not the case for everyone since often the causes of stress were present only in the past and now there is only depression left, or maybe your depression is purely genetic. But I think it is good to specify it.

Edited by Frank Walter, 05 April 2022 - 07:23 PM.

• like x 1

#2 mbdrinker

• 135 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 May 2022 - 12:57 AM

Hi Frank, I think depression is socially induced when you don’t have gf, money, friends, etc ie your social status is low plus traumas from the past. The funny thing is that serotonin is a depressant compared vs dopamine ie sera is inhibiting, dopa is agitating by action. That’s why sera alleviates ‘depression” which is indeed constantly agitated areas in brain. I wonder why all the terms in fact are so contradictory. That’s why alcohol helps. In its case gaba depressant weakens brain agitation. Your post about 300 mg mb was interesting. I already have no effect from 4 mg of mb dose, though first it gave me psychedelic effects. I agree that those effects are the culprit. Unfortunately living in Russia I can,t produce ghb. It’s said to have alcohol action without bad consequences for liver from acetaaldehyde. You may try producing it from gammabutirolactone.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Rent this spot in Nootropics Topics to support Longecity (this will replace the google ad).

#3 mbdrinker

• 135 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 May 2022 - 01:11 AM

I am selegiline occasional user like you by the way. It gives energy and motivation but it does not inhibit agitation of brain areas though dopamine converts to noradrenaline and then to adrenaline which are inhibitory for nerves ie are antidepressants. Large portions of black pepper with its pepperin have some weak dopaminelike effect. The idea about treatment by psychedelics is that old traumas are perceived from another angle as minor trifling things. Everything may help that way from cannabis to alcohol and legal antidepressants if you understand what’s needed

sponsored ad

• Advert
Rent this spot in Nootropics Topics to support Longecity (this will replace the google ad).

#4 mbdrinker

• 135 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 May 2022 - 01:17 AM

One more important thing is that you should be not at home when under effect of antidepressants because their action is 10x times more potent with less tolerance when taken among people or nonhome setting. That’s why parties with girls in clubs have been so popular, etc

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: depression, regime, depression regime, depression stack

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users