• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

What supplements should I take for 4 weeks of cold turkey after years of Adderall and kratom daily and no breaks?

recovery addiction depression amphetamines

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Trickyfurball

• 2 posts
  • NO

Posted 14 April 2022 - 07:44 PM

**TL;DR: **Constant Adderall / Kratom usage for many years with no breaks - going cold turkey for 4 weeks with hopes of never needing it again - what supplements / dosages should I take during the cold turkey phase?

**More details: **

I’ve taken Adderall for about 10 years, but in the last 3 years or so, I have barely taken a day off.

It no longer really works for me and any stimulant like Adderall or caffeine no longer gives me the willingness to do anything that it used to. I’ve also been reliant on kratom and nicotine for about 3 years, and even though I’ve reduced the Kratom to barely any now, I feel that’s contributed to the poor mental state I’m in and reliance on uppers to function with a dopamine boost. I have trouble getting to sleep, having quality sleep, constantly have a foggy head, and lots of anxiety.

The times in the past I did take a few days off of Adderall, I was extremely tired and out of it but on day 2 or 3 I felt my normal emotions and general happiness and motivation increasing, albeit in a very very tiny way. However I was still tired. I’ve also got a weird thing where if I drink even 2 drinks i get an instant hangover (the same night) and the next 2 days I feel and sleep horribly. That effect started after I used Kratom for years.

I’m going to do a 4 week vacation and I won’t be taking any Adderall during that time with the goal of either completely stopping Adderall usage or only taking it once or twice per week when needed in the future. I will stop Kratom entirely and reduce nicotine usage by 90% or more and then quit that entirely as well.

My question is: what supplements should I take on a daily basis during the four weeks to give my brain chemistry the best support at resetting (is it Dopamine, serotonin, cortisol, or something else that Adderall messes up?)

From my understanding, L tyrosine 3x per day will help - but is that true? Wouldn’t that act on only dopamine?

I’m not sure exactly which chemical imbalances long-term Adderall messes with, but I’d like to cover all of the bases if that’s possible. I assume having a high level of one neurotransmitter and low levels of others is probably bad.

I don’t currently drink coffee. But if i did during this break to offset tiredness will it hinder the reset process? Or would there be something else that’d help with the fatigue that wouldn’t hinder it - like noopept or modafinil?

I’ve tried about 7 antidepressants or various classes and other psych meds over the last 2 years and nothing worked - they all made me feel really strange - so I’m nearly sure the Adderall is the culprit and that my “happiness” and “motivation” neurotransmitters are just all out of whack.

I know that a complete return to normal will take much longer than four weeks, but I’d like to get the best jumpstart I can so that I don’t feel the need to take it anymore. Any insight into this would be much appreciated.

#2 Lufega

• 1,810 posts
  • NO

Posted 14 April 2022 - 10:59 PM

Probably nothing for a while. Let your receptors readjust first.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 triffid113

• 48 posts

Posted 22 April 2022 - 05:10 PM

Omega 3. It is said to help with addictions. 

I see it as a supplement that will help with many problems because it helps you to get the nutrients from your diet into your cells,

so that if you are low in something you can at least utilize what you've got.

I don't do drugs, so that's all I can offer.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: recovery, addiction, depression, amphetamines

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users