• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo

Albumin: What's Optimal For Youth And Health? (2022 Update)

blood testing diet tracking

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Michael Lustgarten

• 343 posts
  • NO

Posted 19 June 2022 - 11:18 AM

https://www.youtube....h?v=Q3PXBl82uTk

Attached Files

• Attached File  1.jpg   135.03KB   0 downloads

#2 johnhemming

• 306 posts

Posted 20 June 2022 - 08:49 AM

It was interesting to see that there is an optimal level for Albumin.  I know the Levine spreadsheet treats extra Albumin as being always of benefit, but clearly that is untrue.  I don't know how Aging.ai do their calculations.

• Good Point x 1

Click HERE to rent this GENETICS advertising spot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Michael Lustgarten

• Topic Starter
  • 343 posts
  • NO

Posted 21 June 2022 - 12:59 PM

It was interesting to see that there is an optimal level for Albumin.  I know the Levine spreadsheet treats extra Albumin as being always of benefit, but clearly that is untrue.  I don't know how Aging.ai do their calculations.

A disparity also exists for other biomarkers, including WBCs. Levine's test will treat < 3.5 as youthful, but there's survival data shows that level (and below) to not be optimal for health or longevity. Even more of a reason to focus on what's found in youth and ACM risk, too.

#4 johnhemming

• 306 posts

Posted 21 June 2022 - 01:31 PM

I agree that there are broader issues.

One thing I am looking at is the accuracy of the blood tests.   Some markers change when the blood is left before testing it.  Hence I had two tests done last Thursday by different labs.  One I took to the Lab myself and the other went in the post.  Creatinine on one was 85.64 umol/l and on the other 122.  Creatinine is created in blood that is left standing (probably more so in the warmth).

My current focus is on trying to make sure that cells function properly.  Oddly enough I have had some success with hair and I have a limited amount of regrowth of finer hairs where I have been bald for a number of years.

• Good Point x 1

#5 QuestforLife

• NO

Posted 22 June 2022 - 11:26 AM

My albumin seems to fluctuate between 40-50g/L without rhyme or reason. I suspect the tests are not accurate enough for individualised testing unless you take ALOT of tests. My results were derived from blood that is posted. 

• Good Point x 1

#6 johnhemming

• 306 posts

Posted 22 June 2022 - 12:03 PM

I started weekly tests on 5/5 and the results for Albumin were: 44, 48, 48,47,47, 46 and last week sending the same sample to two labs was 43 and 44.14.  The 43 was posted.  Last year with a completely different lab I had a 40 result.  I am doing two tests tomorrow with the lab I take the sample to and one of the postal online labs.

My reason for doing frequent tests is that I have this protocol which makes senescent cells start to function:

https://johnhemming....cent-cells.html

a) It is an original protocol so there is no published work on its effects (other than my blog above) hence what side effects it has are not entirely predictable.

b) It does have side effects which I wish to manage so I want to know if my blood biochemistry indicates any problems quite quickly.

• Good Point x 1

#7 Michael Lustgarten

• Topic Starter
  • 343 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 June 2022 - 06:08 PM

My albumin seems to fluctuate between 40-50g/L without rhyme or reason. I suspect the tests are not accurate enough for individualised testing unless you take ALOT of tests. My results were derived from blood that is posted. 

Most biomarkers are impacted by lots of stuff. I've minimized most of these variables, and as you can see in the video, the albumin range in my data is relatively tight.

#8 johnhemming

• 306 posts

Posted 24 June 2022 - 06:32 PM

One of the most irritating variables is the competence of the testing Lab.  I have given up on a large Lab in the UK which took samples via the post and often (particularly in warm weather) gave results tainted by post sampling metabolism. 

The funny story is that last Saturday they phoned my doctor worried about a low glucose level (2.9) which was entirely because of testing problems (probably delay).  I know it is a rubbish result because I gave two samples and took one to a lab which tested it reasonably quickly.

#9 albedo

• 2,063 posts
  • NO

Posted 26 June 2022 - 01:26 PM

Nice, thank you.

Impact of diet/albumin also stressed in the Insilico's paper

https://pubmed.ncbi....h.gov/27191382/

.... tough I lost a bit my trust due to the DeepLongevity willingness to solve a bug in their aging.ai V1.0 no longer working but still offered (are they hiding something?)

• Good Point x 1

#10 albedo

• 2,063 posts
  • NO

Posted 26 June 2022 - 01:32 PM

For the record: from age 50 to 66 (16 years, n=21) my albumin went from 52 to 48 g/l. Any comment?

• Good Point x 1

#11 Michael Lustgarten

• Topic Starter
  • 343 posts
  • NO

Posted 26 June 2022 - 09:39 PM

For the record: from age 50 to 66 (16 years, n=21) my albumin went from 52 to 48 g/l. Any comment?

Based on the ACM data in the video, that's likely a good thing. Now the challenge is to keep it at 48, and to resist the age-related decline.

• Good Point x 1

#12 albedo

• 2,063 posts
  • NO

Posted 27 June 2022 - 05:05 PM

Nice, thank you.

Impact of diet/albumin also stressed in the Insilico's paper

https://pubmed.ncbi....h.gov/27191382/

.... tough I lost a bit my trust due to the DeepLongevity willingness to solve a bug in their aging.ai V1.0 no longer working but still offered (are they hiding something?)

my apologies for misprinting ... I meant "un-willingness"

• Good Point x 1

Click HERE to rent this GENETICS advertising spot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#13 albedo

• 2,063 posts
  • NO

Posted 19 November 2022 - 02:20 PM

I really did not thought much about but maybe you did! Is the importance of albumin up or downstream meaning is it intrinsically important per se in aging or due to say its regulation of oncotic pressure hence impacting dysfunctional circulation or in preventing sarcopenia hence reducing frailty, falls etc ... or similar? I mean the usual issue: is it its decline causative of or due to aging? Both?

Edited by albedo, 19 November 2022 - 02:43 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: blood testing, diet tracking

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users