Photo

Senolytics and injuries

senolytics

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Aeon

• 14 posts

Posted 28 June 2022 - 09:05 PM

Senolytics are meant to remove senescent cells. From what I read, this could potentially help to deal with a variety of fibrosis conditions. As fibrosis is essentially scarring, I am wondering- could they also aid in healing of chronic injuries, and scarring conditions that are a result of injuries?

This could make them, as well as other possible treatments for certain types of cellular and tissue damage that are often associated with aging, useful in the treatment of injuries and other conditions that are not a result of biological aging.

#2 johnhemming

• 306 posts

Posted 29 June 2022 - 12:49 PM

I don't know the answer to your specific question.  I am working on something which has similarities which is to try to ensure that those senescent cells which can be made to function safely are made to function safely.  I have reasons to believe that this may reduce scarring, but am not certain yet.

• Pointless, Timewasting x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this MEDICINES advertising spot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Aeon

• Topic Starter
  • 14 posts

Posted 04 July 2022 - 05:44 PM

I don't know the answer to your specific question.  I am working on something which has similarities which is to try to ensure that those senescent cells which can be made to function safely are made to function safely.  I have reasons to believe that this may reduce scarring, but am not certain yet.

Very interesting. I'm aware of research aimed to reduce the harmful behavior of senescent cells. As senolytics remove only part of the senescent cells and some work better in certain tissues, this could be a powerful combination.

Also, if it reduces the harmful signaling of senescent cells and chronic tissue inflammation I wonder too if it could aid in improving fibrotic tissue.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this MEDICINES advertising spot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#4 johnhemming

• 306 posts

Posted 04 July 2022 - 06:41 PM

I don't know. I learn something almost every week.  There are 7 people involved in this of which 5 are on various levels of the protocol.  My own personal experience is that the repair process from weekly blood tests is quite fast. It is possible it helps with scarring as well, but I don't know.

• Pointless, Timewasting x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: senolytics

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users