• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo

Undulating changes in human plasma proteome profiles across the lifespan AKA Aging rapidly in spurts

aging in peaks aging in sudden shifts aging theory

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Qowpel

• 355 posts

Posted 24 July 2022 - 04:24 AM

https://sci-hub.st/d...-019-0673-2.pdf

THis is Very interesting paper that I see nobody really talking about. Funny how the hallmark ages they discuss here are 34, 60, and 78 which are right around the ages I have watched friends or family literally rapidly deteriorate in health, external appearance, cognitive related issues. I am VERY interested in hearing what you all think of thiss. The fact that they found these protein level sudden shifts at 34, 60, and 78 out of testing over 4000 people seems like a quality finding, and this REALLY is a cog in the gear of the usual theories of aging discussed here. Mainly, the idea that no matter what there are genes that will switch on or off at very specific ages that drive aging in a NON LINEAR way.  Has anyone noticed such changes regarding any symptoms/trajectory of aging around these ages in either themselves or others?

• Informative x 3

#2 YeuhRulan

• 3 posts
  • NO

Posted 13 September 2022 - 07:35 PM

quite late but not quite 34, but close to. So I've been a an amateur MMA fighter and have followed the sport for decades. There's a kind of rule of thumb within this sport for many weight classes within the sport (and somewhat applies even to heavier divisions) that physical attributes such as speed and reaction seems to start to noticeably decline faster at and past the age of 35, hence why many previously elite fighters begin to take many very bad losses once they hit or get past 35. My personal feeling is this lines up with the proteosome and genetic expression shifts happening at 34, but the damage and such from wear and tear and reduced capacity for remyelination etc. take time to truly take their toll hence, 35. 

• Informative x 1

Click HERE to rent this BIOSCIENCE adspot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 albedo

• 2,063 posts
  • NO

Posted 01 October 2022 - 05:23 AM

Wondering: is the proteome change driving aging or aging driving the proteome change? Makes any sense?

Attached File  lehallier 2019.jpg   23.87KB   1 downloads

sponsored ad

• Advert

#4 Mind

• Life Member, Director, Moderator, Treasurer
  • 18,997 posts

Posted 02 October 2022 - 10:33 AM

It seems most elite athletes, no matter the sport, decline after the early to mid 30s. I am unsure if this has to do with a sudden shift in aging, or just that the normal gradual decline of aging hits a tipping point in the early to mid 30s where it is "just enough" to knock former top competitors off the top. After all, there is a very very small difference in ability between the champions of any professional sport and the runner-ups.

#5 Rocket

• 1,072 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 October 2022 - 12:28 AM

It seems most elite athletes, no matter the sport, decline after the early to mid 30s. I am unsure if this has to do with a sudden shift in aging, or just that the normal gradual decline of aging hits a tipping point in the early to mid 30s where it is "just enough" to knock former top competitors off the top. After all, there is a very very small difference in ability between the champions of any professional sport and the runner-ups.

There are and have been a number or professional athletes after 35. I think it's just the gradual decline that happens immediately after growing stops begins to be noticeable. I haven't noticed any are at which ageing takes quantum leaps. Look at the wrestlers from the 70s. A lot of those guys were 40s and 50s jumping off the ropes. It may have been all fake but the moves were real. Hell most 20 year olds can't keep up with the average toddler without becoming exhausted halfway through the day.... Hell the decline starts in your teens which is why infantry soldiers are mostly 18 to 21.

Click HERE to rent this BIOSCIENCE adspot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#6 Learner056

• 96 posts

Posted 06 October 2022 - 03:44 AM

I think there is more to aging and not related to energy decline at all.  My youngest with mito dysfunction never had any energy, he never played, slept at school and after coming from school (while his brother/sisters were 24x7 rambunctious).  All have aged at same rate, except that the youngest has kept his same little energy as before (if anything has improved his energy from 0-20 yrs).  They are all probably older than you people here today. So having observed this, I find it hard to believe that chronological age is related to energy decline.  By chance, is there a paper that convincingly ties energy decline with aging milestones?.  Am I missing something in this conversation?

There are and have been a number or professional athletes after 35. I think it's just the gradual decline that happens immediately after growing stops begins to be noticeable. I haven't noticed any are at which ageing takes quantum leaps. Look at the wrestlers from the 70s. A lot of those guys were 40s and 50s jumping off the ropes. It may have been all fake but the moves were real. Hell most 20 year olds can't keep up with the average toddler without becoming exhausted halfway through the day.... Hell the decline starts in your teens which is why infantry soldiers are mostly 18 to 21.

Edited by Learner056, 06 October 2022 - 03:58 AM.

• Good Point x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: aging in peaks, aging in sudden shifts, aging theory

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users