How strict is Autophagy?

autophagy intermittent fasting

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 JohnGioLuca

• 13 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 March 2023 - 05:20 PM

I intermittent fast and only eat between the hours of 8pm-10pm. The issue is I use ZYN nicotine pouches and have a few diet soda’s throughout the day. I’m wondering how strict the process of autophagy is and if the ZYN and/or artificial sweeteners in beverages will completely eliminate autophagy? Or even if the gelatin in vitamins/supplement capsules could hinder it?

Is autophagy a one or all type of process or are there stages of it? For example, would I still be “slightly” in autophagy from my above regimen or is it basically you’re in Autophagy or you’re not? I know this wasn’t the best explanation of what I’m trying to get at but I hope it makes sense. Thank you.
  • Good Point x 1

#2 pamojja

• 2,837 posts

Posted 24 March 2023 - 10:03 AM

I would research Valter Delongo's fasting mimicking diet, to get closer to an answer for your question. Allegdedly after three days only, reducing total calories from 1200 kcal down to 750 kcal from the first til the fifth day. I was under the maybe wrong impression, that even water-soluble vitamins would be counted as carbohydrate kcals?

However, you loose me with daily diet sodas. There are so much more tasty delicious and so much more healthy herbal teas. One can't have them all, even drinking them throughout the day. Even clean water for battling everyday dehydration is preferable.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: autophagy, intermittent fasting

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users