• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Adverts help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

Photo
- - - - -

Alex Chiu -- 'immortality device' = fake

• Please log in to reply
132 replies to this topic

#1 Bruce Klein

• Guardian Founder
  • 8,794 posts

Posted 24 May 2003 - 10:47 AM

Why is Alex Chiu's 'immortality device' a fake?

Chiu’s device fails because magnetic therapy does not work. If you’re a believer in Chiu’s device, please consider the following information before you waist your time and money on something that will not help.

Sadly, I've had to ban people from posting to ImmInst in the past for repeatedly promoting Chiu’s device. To maintain order, hyping of products is not allowed. Refer to the Forum User Agreement for more on this.

Alex Chiu's device is a magnetic device. It is intended to be worn as a ring or bracelet. Chiu has a website, where he claims the "Immortality Device is believed to allow humans to stay physically young forever". Yet, his only supporting evidence is hype and speculation.

Posted Image

Chiu, in 1997, purchased a patent # 5,989,178 in which he claims:

"... a human body carries magnetic flux current which cycles around the body. If this magnetic flux cycle in the body gets stronger, and faster, the healthier the body should become."

First of all, anyone can file a patent for just about any device. Having a patent doesn’t mean a product works or that it has been granted some special authorization from any scientific board. On the contrary, people will file for a patent simply to make their product seem more reputable. This looks to be the case with Mr. Chiu and his 'immortality' device.

Magnetic therapy has been seriously questioned and anyone considering buying any product that claims healthful benefit from magnets needs to read the following:

"I know of no scientist who takes this claim seriously...It's another fad. They come and go like copper bracelets and crystals and all of these things, and this one will pass too." --Robert Park of the American Physical Society. http://skepdic.com/magnetic.html

Magnet therapy is a type of "alternative" medicine which claims that magnetic fields have healing powers. Some claim that magnets can help broken bones heal faster, but most of the advocacy comes from those who claim that magnets relieve pain. Most of the support for these notions is in the form of testimonials and anecdotes, and can be attributed to "placebo effects and other effects accompanying their use" (Livingston 1998). There is almost no scientific evidence supporting magnet therapy. One highly publicized exception is a double-blind study done at Baylor College of Medicine which compared the effects of magnets and sham magnets on the knee pain of 50 post-polio patients. The experimental group reported a significantly greater reduction in pain than the control group. No replication of the study has yet been done.

A less publicized study at the New York College of Podiatric Medicine found that magnets did not have any effect on healing heel pain. Over a 4-week period, 19 patients wore a molded insole containing a magnetic foil, while 15 patients wore the same type of insole with no magnetic foil. In both groups, 60% reported improvement.

----

While sales of magnetic products keep rising, there are a few scientific studies going on. The University of Virginia is testing magnets on sufferers of fibromyalgia. The Universities of Miami and Kentucky are testing magnets on people with carpal tunnel syndrome (Collie). At present, however, we have no good reason to believe that magnets have any more healing power than crystals or copper bracelets
-----
Posted Image

Biomagnetic Pseudoscience and Nonsense Claims
The following is a short excerpt from an updated version of a paper titled "Magnetotherapy, the Latest Magic Touch" presented at the Ninth European Skeptics Conference, in La Coruna, Spain, September 4-7, 1997. Miguel A. Sabadell http://www.csicop.or...07/magnet2.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
One of the main ways magnetotherapy is applied is through the use of permanent magnets. According to proponents, you can get their benefits as follows:

Local application: Effects depend drastically on which pole you apply. North pole: against pain, inflammatory and infectious processes. South pole: provides strength and energy. Does your shoulder hurt? No problem. Put the north of one of the magnets on the front of your shoulder and the south of the other one on the back of it (like a sandwich).

General application: The aim of this method is to provide a general magnetic flow inside the body. This helps to regulate the disorders of the organism. A correct application of the general method is said to involve a deep knowledge of the polarity of the human body and its affinity with therapeutic magnets.

Proponents contend that the north pole has negative electric potential and south, positive (nonsense x 1010) and that it has been established (by whom?) that the front and the right side of the human body are positives, and back and left side, negatives. So on the right side you must apply north and on the left the south. Pay attention to the extraordinary therapeutic: if your illness is above the waist, you must correctly apply the magnets on the palms of your hands. But if your sickness is below the waist then magnets must be placed below your feet. Isn't it great?

Their claims. -- The following collection of nonsense claims about magnetotherapy has been compiled from booklets and radio programs. In parenthesis are my comments, perhaps cynical but . . . who could help it?

The Earth's magnetic field has fallen fifty percent in the last centuries and five percent in the last hundred years. This falling has provoked an increase in common diseases. This is called Magnetic Field Deficiency Syndrome. Such effect has increased because of modern life, immersed in a world of iron, steel and concrete. The modern world deprives us of the healthy influence of the natural (of course!) magnetic field necessary to maintain our bioelectric cellular equilibrium.

Cells work better in the presence of magnetic fields. Experiments with plants prove it. (Which ones?)

Cells live on magnetic energy, and most of this energy is provided by water. (It is true. I feel better when I eat a juicy magnetic steak)

In big cities the magnetic field doesn't exist or it has been strongly modified. (So you can not use a compass in a city, I suppose)

Spring water is magnetized. But if you bottle it, after five days it loses its power.

Water has a magnetic potential (?) that we can help to recover. (This sounds Aristotelian, doesn't it?)

The natural phase of water is gaseous, but the Earth's magnetic field and its uncommon properties make it liquid. (No comments. The ways of illiteracy are endless).

Magnetic water loses its curative properties in contact with metals. (Who doubts it?)

Illness is caused by losing energetic equilibrium, and magnetotherapy helps to recover it. (I think you had better plug in. Everything works better if it is plugged in)

Eighty percent of common diseases have their origin on Magnetic Field Deficiency Syndrome. (Why are you laughing?)

Magnetotherapy was known by Chinese, Egyptians, and Indians 3,500 years ago. (Neither Egyptians nor Chinese knew this therapeutic use of magnets. Egyptians probably didn't even know the existence of magnets.)

Magnetic water is based on the principle of electromagnetic induction discovered by Faraday. How? In their words, we have a water flow (doubtless it is a current) and a magnet, so . . .

Louis Pasteur studied the effect of magnets on plant growth and on fruit enzymes. (Sure?)

The magnetic field modifies water structure, changing some of its physical properties.

In the body, the magnetic field increases the dilution of oxygen in plasma, transporting more oxygen together with the hemoglobin mechanism. (Give them the Nobel Prize for Medicine!)

#2 Mind

• Life Member, Director, Moderator, Treasurer
  • 18,997 posts

Posted 24 May 2003 - 04:50 PM

Another thing about Chiu's device and other immortality "potions" is that the testimonials are probably coming from marketing associates. These people with their own websites promoting Chiu's device and linking to his are probably getting a cut on the sales. I have seen this with many products on the internet, glowing recommendations from biased sources.

#3 advancedatheist

• 1,419 posts

Posted 24 May 2003 - 07:39 PM

"Anti-aging" products allegedly supported by scientifc research, like those promoted by the Life Extension Foundation http://www.lef.org, may seem more credible than Chiu's foolishness. But as far as I can tell, the people using them are dying pretty much on schedule.

I'm even suspicious of the claims made for the application of caloric restriction on humans. Caloric restriction works in laboratory animals because scientists can control most of the variables. But when you try to apply caloric restriction in real life, you don't have control over a lot of environmental factors. You get hot, you get cold, your food quality varies, you're exposed to UV light from the sun, someone with SARS coughs on you, you ingest pollution and so forth.

Basically we won't know for many decades if we have an "anti-aging" technology that really works.
  • like x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert

#4 kevin

• Member, Guardian
  • 2,779 posts

Posted 10 October 2004 - 10:21 PM

Three posts were deleted from this thread which supported the idea that Alex Chiu's immortality device might actually be genuine. ImmInst leadership and the vast majority of paid members believe that Chiu's device is fake and its supporters spammers and thus this topic within ImmInst "Frequently Asked Questions". People have every right to disagree but they can disagree in the Free Speech Forum.

#5 David

• 618 posts

Posted 01 November 2004 - 01:58 AM

"People have every right to disagree but they can disagree in the Free Speech Forum."

Not if Don gets his way!

Dave
  • dislike x 1

#6 thefirstimmortal

• Life Member The First Immortal
  • 6,912 posts

Posted 01 November 2004 - 03:03 AM

Three posts were deleted from this thread which supported the idea that Alex Chiu's immortality device might actually be genuine.  ImmInst leadership and the vast majority of paid members believe that Chiu's device is fake and its supporters spammers and thus this topic within ImmInst "Frequently Asked Questions".  People have every right to disagree but they can disagree in the Free Speech Forum.

I could not agree with you more Kevin. (ImmInst.org » Resources » Frequently Asked Questions), doesn't look like it's in the right forum to me, so delete at will. I don't believe Alex Chiu's device will get anyone anywhere close to immortality, I place it right up there with other methods that have been advocated, some for over 2,000 years. ....like the christians belief in Jesus Christ will make you Immortal. Still, I wouldn't want to delete the christians in the Free speach forum. But here, OK :p

#7 David

• 618 posts

Posted 04 November 2004 - 11:21 PM

"But here, OK" Will. [huh]

Oy, mate, don't go encouraging them! [:o] Sheesh, what you thinking?

Head shaking Dave

#8 icyT

• 326 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 September 2005 - 10:40 AM

I've actually seen several books published on Magnet therapy in my public library though... can they print fiction like that in the health section?

#9 fdotseth

• 10 posts

Posted 01 October 2005 - 05:53 PM

It is not a question of whether or not Magnetic therapy works. It is a question of how to make it work. Each cell, in the human body, has mitochodria. Mitochodria, when active, produces electricity. Cells working together become synchronistic. (Electrical power can be measured in the human body. Damaged tissues, where there is a liquid buildup, has no electrical response. All this can be validated in any laboratory or even in a home environment with a voltmeter. It is that easy to verify.) This is what it takes to make the human body work. It is also easy to prove that a magnet will interfere with electrical devices. A magnet will produce an obvious affect on a radio or a television. So, the real question should be, how can we use magnets to improve human activity. Incidentally, do not forget that we are composed of atoms. Atoms have electrons in them. And all of our atoms are replaced every eight hours. There are a number of reasons that we age. Just do not make a mistake and rule out the proper use of magnetic power.
Frank

#10 caliban

• Admin, Advisor, Director
  • 9,150 posts

Posted 01 October 2005 - 08:23 PM

Posted Image

#11 Pablo M

• 636 posts

Posted 02 October 2005 - 01:53 AM

Wow, Caliban, put me down for the whole suit!!

#12 scottl

• 2,177 posts

Posted 02 October 2005 - 03:24 AM

Is it just me, or does the guy in caliban's pics look like something out of a monty python skit?

#13 Pablo M

• 636 posts

Posted 02 October 2005 - 04:55 AM

Good call, Scott. LOL

How fitting that a post about a ludicrous man would end in ridiculousness

#14 JMorgan

• 645 posts

Posted 02 October 2005 - 07:17 AM

And all of our atoms are replaced every eight hours.

I've never heard that, but it is interesting, though I couldn't find any information about this online. How could this even be possible? And then are we not 'us' each day?

#15 elevatenz

• 5 posts

Posted 04 November 2005 - 12:40 AM

Hi there all...

I find it odd and rather ironic and kinda strange that this site promotes:

"ImmInst shall function as an umbrella organization to help its members succeed in working towards the possibility of human physical immortality. This Institute shall serve as a platform for the exhibition, exchange, debate, and creation of concepts and methods toward that end as well as to disseminate any and all relevant information for the purpose of human physical immortality"

BUT, you completely dismiss the idea of Alex Chius Magnetic rings?!
Are u guys like what quackbusters.com does for medicine, are u like the immortality busters?
Have any of the moderators tried the rings yourself? you dismiss them outright without apparently even looking into it, dismiss the benifits of magnetism which is no longer considered quackery by many reputable scientists. Alex designed these things based on the chinese knowledge of energy flow in the body. What kind of devices or products are you guys actually going to support? These rings are a great idea and i recon hes really onto something. My rings arrived in the mail this morning. As soon as i put them on I felt them "working", a "rush" of energy and color returned to my hands as the circulation improved immediately (ive always had poor circulation in extremeties). These could be a form of immortality if they allow the removal of toxins and stop cellular structure from breaking down due to poor circulation which is what happens when older bodies can no longer get oxygen and fresh h2o to ever cell in the body. I live in newzealand, ive read the testimonials on his site, they are all ordinary people like u or me! honestly the way u guys have shot his site down without even really looking closely at the testimonials is staggeringly shortsighted, i mean all the peoples emails and some phone numbers are there and people are incouraged to contact the users directly to confirm results. Why dont u guys do that and really investigate. Isnt that what this site supposed to be about?! The guy has given the secret to the world to make free for youself and you still complain... why not make one using the picture posted earlier in this thread. These things work! perhaps its not immortality, but i bet its a huge increase in life span. Tons of people have grown back dark hair after going grey and bald, thats got to be an indication of some very positive results...

#16 elevatenz

• 5 posts

Posted 04 November 2005 - 12:58 AM

just as a side note, BruceKlien your dialogue on why magnetic therapy doesnt work is hardly convincing, for starters you quote one very positive study which supports magnetic healing theory, also your quote from Robert Park, a known sceptic of just about anything is hardly proof that magnetic therapy doesnt work. You claim its a type of "alternative" medicine. That term was dreamed up by the medical-pharmaceutical cabal as a way to demonize reputable alternatives to chemo and radiation treatments for cancer. Theres a lot of money in making/keeping people sick. If a cure for cancer was discovered economic advisors to Smith-Klien pharmacuticals said over a decade ago that the american economy would collapse within 3 months with a flowon effect for all the worlds economies. Cancer and keeping people sick is a multi-biliion dollar industry, second only to Gasoline. So I ask u guys whos side are you on anyway?
As a last note, optimism and a happy outlook on life statistically means u will live longer. Pessimism and a sceptical outlook have a shorter life span. What does that tell u. Be loving and live long with healthy cells, be sceptical and starve your cells of life and die young, its your choice.

#17 icyT

• 326 posts
  • NO

Posted 04 November 2005 - 02:02 PM

One problem I have with this post is that while many of the pro-magnetists might make silly claims like at the end of the post, Alex Chiu doesn't say stuff like it holds water together from being a gas. Putting that there is more a jibe at general magnetic theory. Alex's theories operate more on a traditional chinese medicinal level. Of course, TCM has just as many problems as magnetic theory, but it's better to make that distinction.

One thing good about Alex is that he does stay true to his word. Before, when he was giving out the free devices, after a long delay I did eventually get one. So, I can promise that if anyone does order a ring, they will most likely get it (barring nefarious postal services).

As for whether it works or not, I don't know, I can't see why, but I'll try it anyway. Very uncomfortable to wear at night though, I have to tighten them enough so they don't fall off, but then they start to pinch. At the very least, I may get a nice placebo effect.

#18 John Schloendorn

• Guest, Advisor, Guardian
  • 2,542 posts

Posted 13 November 2005 - 07:52 PM

It is not a question of whether or not Magnetic therapy works. It is a question of how to make it work.

It is not a question whether praying to Loola the pink elephant godess works. It is a question of how to make it work. Got the point?

#19 walter

• 2 posts

Posted 15 November 2005 - 07:24 PM

i'm glad your convention went ok walter cherwak

#20 Mind

• Life Member, Director, Moderator, Treasurer
  • 18,997 posts

Posted 15 November 2005 - 07:55 PM

What would help for people to believe in Chui's device is if there were some results. I don't know anyone who has used one. I haven't seen any "before and after" pictures of anyone who has used one. I don't know of any 100 year old's who wore the ring and suddenly they were cured of all their diseases and became young again. In fact, I haven't seen any blood tests or bio-marker tests or any statistical evidence from the people who use them, to prove it does anything.

If someone thinks magnets have an affect on the blood, or finger, or body, or whatever, they should explain what it is. How does it make people live forever? So far, all I have read is mumbo jumbo. What is going on with the magnet that affects the chemistry/physics of the body?

On average, married men live longer than single men. I wear a gold wedding ring. Perhaps it is an "immortality device". Maybe I should apply for a patent.

#21 bascule

• 11 posts

Posted 03 January 2006 - 09:20 AM

BUT, you completely dismiss the idea of Alex Chius Magnetic rings?!

Well, for one thing, they don't work...

you dismiss them outright without apparently even looking into it, dismiss the benifits of magnetism which is no longer considered quackery by many reputable scientists.

Appeal to authority. And argument from popularity. As soon as there's a peer reviewed study which shows any kind of benefit, you have some legitimate backing for a claim. However, Alex Chiu instead offers only BS to support his claims.

Alex designed these things based on the chinese knowledge of energy flow in the body.

Actually I think he "designed them" based upon a lot of BS he made up about biology. Things like magnetic cells and magnetic multicellular organisms, magnetic predator/prey relationships, magnetic sexes?

What kind of devices or products are you guys actually going to support?

Ones based around a sound scientific methodology.

#22 boundlesslife

• Life Member in cryostasis
  • 206 posts

Posted 03 January 2006 - 09:48 AM

Have any of the moderators tried the rings yourself?

Have any of them tried monkey gland transplants?

As bascule says:

Appeal to authority. And argument from popularity.

I agree! That's not enough! "Try them yourself!" implies that once they're put on, you wait, perhaps forever, to "see if they work"! What happens if you do this and gradually, you grow older, weaker, and then finally have a terminal episode? Even without a peer-reviewed study, all that it would take for genuine interest in this to develop would be well-documented evidence that someone putting it to use had achieved an age of 150 years! But, no such evidence exists, I gather!

boundlesslife

#23 prismatic_light

• 43 posts

Posted 04 January 2006 - 10:43 PM

Apparently, if you ALSO order his American Ginseng, the effect of the rings is multiplied by ten. "A facial disfigurement which would take 20 years to cure with the rings would then take about 2 years."

Can Alex spell lawsuit?

My lawyers can.

#24 Live Forever

• Guest Recorder
  • 7,475 posts

Posted 06 February 2006 - 10:42 PM

I have a product that works even better than Alex Chiu's. Buy from me today, lots of testimonials!!

Posted Image

#25 elevatenz

• 5 posts

Posted 12 April 2006 - 03:42 AM

Hi there
Just an update on my use of magnetic rings since november 2005, now april 2006, approx 5 months have passed. These are the things ive noticed. I wake up refreshed and energized two hours I used to get up in the morning. Only sleep about 5-6 hours and feel better than i did when i used to sleep 8 hours before i got the rings. My skin has definately gotten softer on my hands and face which to me is a sign of better general circulation. Dry/cracked skin on soles of feet has gone after years of putting up with this annoying condition. Eyesight is sharper and memory/focus seems to have inproved gradularily in the last 5 months. Embarrasing rash in groin area which ive had for years (and never went to the doctor about) has gone completely! People at work are commenting on how young and fresh i look (im 36), this is just like the other testimonials i read on his website but didnt actually belive back then i would be one of those people with the same story to tell now). Ive spent some time reasearching the whole idea. Common sense and a bit of searching has shown me that the whole body is like a DC battery and that the cells have a cycle of 15mins energizing (charging up) of chi and 15 mins cleansing (flushing out) of chi as part of the natural cycle of toxin removal. These rings seem to greatly accelerate that effect. Human blood is polarized. Every cell is polorized. Common sense tells us that magnetic energy is definaely going to effect the human organism, for better or worse. If you ask me sooner or later someone was bound to find a combination that works well for the body and this is what i think has happened with these devices. There is something called "Zeta Potential" which is used in science to measure the effective magnetic flux in a certain system or combination of materials. For example ionic surfactants in dishwashing liquid help clean plates by creating a surface area of negative ions which is what makes that slippery effect. Certain chemicals in the body can increase that effect in the blood.

Quote on Zeta potential "Almost all particulate or macroscopic materials in contact with a liquid acquire an electronic charge on their surfaces. Zeta potential is an important and useful indicator of this charge which can be used to predict and control the stability of colloidal suspensions or emulsions, for example. The greater the zeta potential the more likely the suspension is to be stable because the charged particles repel one another and thus overcome the natural tendency to aggregate. The measurement of zeta potential is often the key to understanding dispersion and aggregation processes in applications as diverse as water purification, ceramic slip casting and the formulation of paints, inks and cosmetics."

So we can see that the greater the potential the more easily toxins can be illiminated from the body as there is less "clumping" together of blood cells or constituents. It is my belief that these magnets create such a strong flux in the body that zeta potential is greatly enhanced thus allowing huge improvement in circulation of blood to all extremities, more efficient elimination of impurites and toxins via limbic system and a general polarizing effect on the cells in the body will create a healthier organism. Thus is may be possible to slow or stop degeneration in the body completely. Im not saying that its an eternal life device, also im aware that Alex Chui doesnt explain the process well or have a good grasp of electronics/magnetism etc, but i think hes stumbled onto a excellent configuration for high zeta potential in the human body and thats why i think it works.
Incidently since getting these rings i havnt been sick, no colds, cough, flu, or any kind of illness in the last 5 months and considering my whole household and workmates have been getting all kinds of colds and flus during this time i feel it has helped me in numerous ways. Im an intelligent and rational person and i see through scams easily. This is not a scam, how do i know, cause a lot more than placebo happens. For example if im feeling a little tired or has a hard/long day and i put on the rings, i can feel the "flow" immediately correcting the imballance in my body for about 10 minutes untill the zeta potential increases and circulation returns to normal. If i put them on when feeling fine, no noticable effect so i feel this is a good indicator of a correction occuring. So it only works when it needs too.
http://www.bic.com/Z...l_overview.html
Mind said " What would help for people to believe in Chui's device is if there were some results."
well man why not got the website testimonial page, email all the people who have given their details, find out who these people are, see for yourself if they are just regular consumers or whatever. There is a lot going on with the magnet that effects the chemistry/phsics of the body. because magnetism and electricity play a big part in our electro/chemical processes in the human body. Magnets effect any substance that contains polarized or conductive material. The human body contains polarised and conductive material in every cell. We have long-chain liquid quartz-like structures in the skin (hence skin is conductive). Our blood is electrically polarized. Its just common sense that an effect of some kind will occur when u put a very powerfull magnet to use on an orgainsim that can be effected by magnetism. These neodynium magnets are soo strong that if i just walk past the tv from 20cms or so the colour changes and ive stuffed a few CDs by handling them while wearing the rings. Just because we dont understand exactly how it works doesnt mean it doesnt work! Like when Vitamin C cured scurvvy and the medical profession scorned the idea for 200years and refused to look at the evidence. Common sense told people that fruit (vit c) was an effective cure for scurvvy, but the common people and medical profs who supported this idea were laughed at for so long until it could be denied no longer. Perhaps this will be the case for this particular configuration of magnetics on the body in the future too. Perhaps the "Wands of Horus, copper and zinc" that the ejypians (excuse my spelling) used to increase flow in the body and create healing works on the same principal? Only time will tell!

#26 elevatenz

• 5 posts

Posted 12 April 2006 - 03:57 AM

ps: the rings have only been around for a few years so those who are saying well i havnt heard of anyone living to 150 yet and other such comments is just pointless. Why even say such a thing. Of course we cant prove that these things give you immortality, just like we cant prove anyhting in this world gives immortality. Just cause u cant prove it doesnt mean you have to condem it. Isnt this website about researching and looking for solutions to the idea of immortality. I think these rings are a good place to start. Ive looked throught the threads. I dont see an openminded community of people exercising common sense, i see a bunch of pesudo-intellectual sceptics who want double blind contolled studies done on something and presented to them in a way that they can easily digest and understand, and then perhaps you will look into it more? Why not do a bit of research, look into zeta potential, have correspondence with others who have used such devices, set up a controled study yourself, after all the magnets are cheap and easy to make yourself, why not really research it, isnt that what discovering new things is all about...

#27 DJS

• 5,798 posts
  • NO

Posted 12 April 2006 - 04:10 AM

Posted Image
I am crushing your head.

• Lurker

Posted 12 April 2006 - 04:18 AM

What about general increases in IQ, breast size in women and penile length in men?

#29 DJS

• 5,798 posts
  • NO

Posted 12 April 2006 - 04:19 AM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#30 Live Forever

• Guest Recorder
  • 7,475 posts

Posted 12 April 2006 - 08:08 PM

ps: the rings have only been around for a few years so those who are saying well i havnt heard of anyone living to 150 yet and other such comments is just pointless.  Why even say such a thing.  Of course we cant prove that these things give you immortality, just like we cant prove anyhting in this world gives immortality.  Just cause u cant prove it doesnt mean you have to condem it.  Isnt this website about researching and looking for solutions to the idea of immortality.  I think these rings are a good place to start.  Ive looked throught the threads.  I dont see an openminded community of people exercising common sense, i see a bunch of pesudo-intellectual sceptics who want double blind contolled studies done on something and presented to them in a way that they can easily digest and understand, and then perhaps you will look into it more?  Why not do a bit of research, look into zeta potential, have correspondence with others who have used such devices, set up a controled study yourself, after all the magnets are cheap and easy to make yourself, why not really research it, isnt that what discovering new things is all about...

I think people's main complaint is that there is no scientific proof whatesoever of the claims that are made. For Calorie Restriction, supplements, exercise, etc. there is at least some scientific evidence (studies) showing benefits. In the case of SENS, cryonics, etc. there is at least a future progression of technology and hard science, and a set of future testable criteria. It is not based on some mystical ability, or whatnot.

If you would like to "prove to the skeptics" that these devices are for real, then provide verifiable scientific studies, or peer reviewed articles analyzing the devices. (or some proof whatsoever outside of unverifiable "reports")

:)

...Oh right, and I am crushing your head.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users