• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Adverts help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

Photo

Big snowstorm in upstate New York

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 jaydfox

• 6,214 posts

Posted 10 February 2007 - 09:04 PM

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17063535/

Upstate N.Y. residents dig out from heavy snow
Sun breaks through as storms end; snow tops 120 inches in some towns

PARISH, N.Y. - Sunshine greeted residents of this snowbound village on Saturday, giving crews a chance to haul away some of the 8 feet of snow that has fallen during the past week.

“The sun’s out, but it isn’t going to last,” Mike Avery said as he took a brief break from loading dump trucks with snow to be taken to a pile outside town.

The National Weather Service said the bands of lake-effect snow fed by moisture from Lake Ontario would continue weaving up and down the lake’s eastern shore during the weekend, dropping 2 to 4 more feet of snow with wind of up to 25 mph.

Attached Files

#2 jaydfox

• Topic Starter
  • 6,214 posts

Posted 10 February 2007 - 09:05 PM

I posted this because I was concerned that Lazarus Long (who lives somewhere in NY) might have been affected. I see he's been online, so he's probably not affected. New York is a big state, so it's probably like someone seeing that there was a big storm in San Francisco and wondering if their friends in L.A. are okay... [lol]

Anyway, does anyone live in the affected region?

#3 Lazarus Long

• Life Member, Guardian
  • 8,116 posts
  • Location:Northern, Western Hemisphere of Earth, Usually of late, New York

Posted 11 February 2007 - 05:18 AM

The serious weather is somewhat to the north of my location near to the Great Lakes region of New York. However the phenomenon of *lake effect* snowfall is really quite common in that region and the winter conditions this year were a perfect setup for the kind of snowfall we are seeing.

sponsored ad

• Advert

• Lurker

Posted 11 February 2007 - 02:40 PM

The serious weather is somewhat to the north of my location near to the Great Lakes region of New York.  However the phenomenon of *lake effect* snowfall is really quite common in that region and the winter conditions this year were a perfect setup for the kind of snowfall we are seeing.

I guess this means you are ok!! :)

#5 Lazarus Long

• Life Member, Guardian
  • 8,116 posts
  • Location:Northern, Western Hemisphere of Earth, Usually of late, New York

Posted 11 February 2007 - 11:45 PM

OK and glad to have winter, finally.

We have very little snow as a matter of fact but I have had great weather to split wood in since the temperatures have been hovering near and above zero. I live pretty close to the edge of the grid so the idea of all the snow doesn't really phase me. I actually wish more of it had come our way.

BTW, thanks for asking. [lol]

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users