Posted 21 April 2007 - 02:23 AM

http://www.antipodea...id=14&Itemid=28

http://www.ingentaco...020004/art00031

http://www.groupsrv....ost-910070.html

Is anyone here using MitoQ??

#2 curious_sle

• 464 posts

Posted 21 April 2007 - 12:48 PM

Well, i can only reiterate my statements in the sci-life-extension thread linked to above but still I'd like to try :-) but there is no (easy) way to get it, it is still in research.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 hormoneman

• Topic Starter
  • 95 posts

Posted 21 April 2007 - 12:50 PM

There is an easy way to get it - I know of a least 1 site that sells it - I've e-mailed them for a price quote

#4 curious_sle

• 464 posts

Posted 21 April 2007 - 01:09 PM

and?

#5 hormoneman

• Topic Starter
  • 95 posts

Posted 21 April 2007 - 01:55 PM

I'm waiting the response - I e-mailed them late Friday

#6 neogenic

• 481 posts

Posted 21 April 2007 - 03:04 PM

Found this thread digging around. Mentions of Mito-E and some spintraps might interest those here.

http://www.groupsrv....ost-910070.html

When doing a search its listed as MitoQ and MitoQ10

#7 neogenic

• 481 posts

Posted 21 April 2007 - 03:08 PM

There is an easy way to get it - I know of a least 1 site that sells it - I've e-mailed them for a price quote

I think I found the same page. I had found it once before as they stock Spin Traps, MitoQ, TransResveratrol, BPAP, Ethylvanillin ethylenediimato manganese, and all the forms of B-6 (pyridoxal, etc.). Are we not allowed to state the links of such sites here due to their gray status? They do have disclaimers, that seem to bypass some of those issues. I'll list it if it is ok.

#8 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 21 April 2007 - 09:42 PM

There's always Google... I gotta say, MitoQ is an impressive bit of molecular engineering. Whether we can get it soon or not, it looks like the future is bright.

#9 proteomist

• 177 posts

Posted 22 April 2007 - 12:43 AM

I've done some microscopy work with a fluorescent dye that uses the same mitochondrial targeting structure. Indeed, it goes right to the mitochondria. If you google Mitotracker Red you can see plenty of images that others have made using it.

#10 proteomist

• 177 posts

Posted 23 April 2007 - 03:24 AM

I found a site that claims to be selling it, along with Melanotan and a lot of other things. The operator is clearly geared toward the illegal anabolic steroid market and requires a lot of security measures in the purchase process. Very sketchy. If you want the link anyway, PM me.

#11 edward

• 1,404 posts

Posted 23 April 2007 - 04:10 AM

This MitoQ ( mitoquinone) stuff is just regular old CoQ10 or so it appears. Looks like a marketing ploy to me.

http://www.drugdiges...quinone,00.html

#12 neogenic

• 481 posts

Posted 23 April 2007 - 12:38 PM

The site I have, I believe is a bit more reputable. PM me, I guess, if I can't post it.

#13 proteomist

• 177 posts

Posted 23 April 2007 - 02:28 PM

I'd think you can post it. I was just being discreet since theone I found seemed borderline shady.

The site I have, I believe is a bit more reputable.  PM me, I guess, if I can't post it.

#14 kenj

• 747 posts

Posted 23 April 2007 - 07:00 PM

It's listed at Vitaspace. This supplier is mentioned in the supplement supplier thread also.

#15 edward

• 1,404 posts

Posted 23 April 2007 - 07:29 PM

Again, it's just plain old CoQ10! Or am I missing something. Take a look at this link.

#16 proteomist

• 177 posts

Posted 23 April 2007 - 07:38 PM

I can't tell from the page, it just indicates MitoQ and email for a quote. I have done so.

Again, it's just plain old CoQ10! Or am I missing something. Take a look at this link.

#17 curious_sle

• 464 posts

Posted 23 April 2007 - 07:57 PM

"MitoQ is in fact an attachment of TPP to the tail of idebenone, not to
CoQ10. "

http://groups.google...b981a52b7a0c9b6

#18 edward

• 1,404 posts

Posted 23 April 2007 - 07:59 PM

from the link that apparently no one can see

Mitoquinone

Scientific Name: Coenzyme Q-10
Other Names: Co Q 10, Q 10, Ubidecarenone, Ubiquinone, Vitamin Q

What side effects should I watch for?

No serious side effects have been associated with taking coenzyme Q-10, although some individuals have reported minor gastrointestinal disturbances such as diarrhea, indigestion, and nausea while taking it.

#19 proteomist

• 177 posts

Posted 23 April 2007 - 08:33 PM

Hey Edward,

I agree, the site you linked to does not describe MitoQ, but uses the name misleadingly.

Separate from that, the Vitaspace page claims to offer actual MitoQ but does not provide details.

#20 proteomist

• 177 posts

Posted 23 April 2007 - 08:36 PM

If one pores over the patents granted to Antipodean, one finds that MitoQ can be synthesized from idebenone using HBr and triphenyl phosphine. Much easier than the previously reported method in the papers.

"MitoQ is in fact an attachment of TPP to the tail of idebenone, not to
CoQ10. "

http://groups.google...b981a52b7a0c9b6

#21 neogenic

• 481 posts

Posted 23 April 2007 - 08:41 PM

It's listed at Vitaspace. This supplier is mentioned in the supplement supplier thread also.

That's the one.

#22 proteomist

• 177 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 01:18 AM

At the risk of getting a ton of people asking me for this compound, I will mention that I successfully made a batch of MitoQ this week by following the protocol described in the Antipodean patent disclosure. Since we have a lot of technical sorts here who might have the means and desire to do the same, I'll share some details. And no, you can't have any, unless you've got a legitimate research use or some other really good reason you can convince me of [tung]. And no, I'm not selling it.

Synthesis of MitoQ:

Triphenylphosphine was dissolved in 48% HBr by heating to 70C for five minutes. The mixture was allowed to cool, then extracted with methylene chloride, dried and concentrated to give triphenylphosphonium hydrobromide as a pink foam in ~70% yield.

To 16 mmol triphenylphosphonium bromide was added one mole equivalent of idebenone and one equivalent of triphenylphosphine, without solvent. The mixture was sealed in a round-bottom flask with a septum secured with a zip-tie, and stirred at 70C in an oil bath. The solids rapidly melted to give an orange oil which darkened over 22hrs to a green-black glass.

The product was washed three times with 200 ml of ethyl acetate at 70C for 5', which removed the triphenylphosphonium oxide side-product as well as residual idebenone. The remaining brown tar was washed with 200ml of water containing 2 ml of 48% HBr for 10' at 60C. This removes methyl triphenylphosphine formed by an ether cleavage side reaction. The water was decanted and the remaining dark red oil (MitoQ) was collected and analyzed to confirm identity. Total yield ~70% or 7 grams.
  • like x 1

#23 maxwatt

• Guest, Moderator LeadNavigator
  • 4,949 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 01:24 AM

At the risk of getting a ton of people asking me for this compound, I will mention that I successfully made a batch of MitoQ this week by following the protocol described in the Antipodean patent disclosure. Since we have a lot of technical sorts here who might have the means and desire to do the same, I'll share some details. And no, you can't have any, unless you've got a legitimate research use or some other really good reason you can convince me of [tung]. And no, I'm not selling it.

Synthesis of MitoQ:

Brilliant.

#24 wayside

• 344 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 02:54 AM

Darn.

My chemistry set seems to be missing a few key ingredients...

#25 PWAIN

• 1,288 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 04:20 AM

Well done, I knew you would do it.

Have you tried it and did you notice any effect?

#26 paragon

• 14 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 04:30 AM

Nice job proteomist. Only 7 grams though. [mellow] What is your production capacity? [tung] I wonder if it is as energizing as CoQ10 is.

#27 PWAIN

• 1,288 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 04:37 AM

Paragon,

If you look at the pricing of MitoQ, 7 grams is a bucket load. I imagine 20 to 50mg per day would be a starting dose. That is between 140 and 350 days supply.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#28 proteomist

• 177 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 04:39 AM

Hey, thanks! I haven't tried it yet but I will. I'm working on making sure I have the best guess on optimal dosage (probably 2-10 mg?) and delivery. The pure material forms a sticky crimson tar so it's really hard to work with. Probably I'll dissolve it in solvent and then evaporate it back down in the presence of several grams of something like sodium carbonate or some such, so that it gets thinly stuck onto a carrier powder. If it will go into olive/corn oil, that's another option. I'll let you guys know how it goes. I'm pretty excited about it.

As to the seven grams, this was a pilot run. I'll probably scale ten fold to lay in as much as I might need, ever [lol].The published synthesis in the papers is a major P.I.T.A. compared to the one I did from their patent. This one's actually really easy with the right tools. I'm more or less limited by handling capacity and other more pressing demands on my time as to how much I can make, but if you had a decent basic lab I don't think it would be hard to make a few kilos a week, one person.

Well done, I knew you would do it.

Have you tried it and did you notice any effect?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users