Photo
- - - - -

Adderall XR + Provigil?

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 fight4life

• 35 posts

Posted 01 June 2007 - 02:22 AM

I'm looking for opinions on stacking these two together. Adderall XR is obviously 4 amphetamines slowly released and modafinil is a stimulant. Right off the bat, there is a risk for high blood pressure and irregular heart beats if your not in good cardiovascular shape. I'm a personal trainer so I stay on top of these things.
Adderall XR to help ADHD and modafinil to increase ampakines + rate at which I learn. I've tried modafinil on my own with nothing else and didn't help my ADHD one bit. However, connections and general cognition rates were definately increased. I would describe it as ideas would come together about one certain issue from all angles, and you'd make a decision on it quickly.

In the way of this, I was thinking of going on Strattera for ADHD, then modafinil for ampakines. Since Strattera is virtually side effect free, I would see no problem with this.

Anybody used Adderall XR with modafinil before?

#2 Guest_da_sense_*

• Lurker

Posted 02 June 2007 - 10:54 AM

I didn't try it, but Modafinil + Deprenyl or coffe or pretty much any stimulant = bad thing. I can only imagine that addrerall + modafinil could be a pretty bad combo and increase anxiety a lot.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 medievil

• Guest Guest
  • 3,758 posts

Posted 02 June 2007 - 04:14 PM

"to increase ampakines"

lol where the hell are you getting this fro, you cant increase ampakines

#4 nikopol

• 5 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 06:16 PM

Hey medievil, can you provide us some more info as to what AMPAKINES are, I am interested!

#5 ozone

• 150 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 07:56 PM

It's kind of funny, I am perscribed every month adderall xr + provigil but don't take them both at once. I take (or soon to be used to take) 2 x 20mg XR's a day, even though I am only perscribed 20mg/day. Reason being is that the stuff just kind of wears off if you are up for more than 18 hours a day. So I take on in the monring and one in the afternoon. So when do I take my provigil? Well, I take it when I run out of adderall. When I just up and stop taking the 40mg after 15 days, my body just wants to sleep for a week straight. I have no energy or what not and I'm always yawning. It's too be expected. But when I take provigil, holy smokes. I fell 90% again. Not 100%, but nowhere near 10% if I took nothing.

So I don't know if that's the answer you were looking for, but it's amazing for kicking the withdrawl simptons. However, I want to make a few more interesting obersvations. I believe it "masks" the withdrawl symptoms. What I mean by this is, if you just up and stop adderall, it will take a good 10 days (without taking other drugs) till you feel normal again. This is probably attributed to your brain saying "ahh crap, I guess I gotta kick up those noreph receptors and release some now that the orange pill isn't anymore". Now what if I take provigil for 10 days? Well, I fell better the first day I take it, but what if I stop taking it after day 10? I feel dumpy again... so it's my unmedical obersvation that provigil makes you feel better, but once you stop taking it (whether it's in 10 days or a year), you'll still go through the addreall withdrawl. It's my opnion that it just postpones the withdrawl symptoms.

Also to those that might wonder at me taking 2x of what I'm supposed to take, over the past year I have found that it just wears out my body because my body wasn't meant to be "focused" that long during the day. My eyes get incredibly dry, the light starts to get irritating (I look at the PC screen all day) and sometimes it screws with my sleep patterns. So I'm going to try going back to taking 20mg once a day and maybe I'll give the provigil a shot later in the day then. Just remember, as I will too, that lots of people have built a tolerance to provigil and so it's probably not good to take if you don't need it. And the same goes for adderall I try to keep telling myself. If you are going rock climbing or what not, you don't need to take adderall. Take it when you need it.

#6 Ghostrider

• 1,996 posts

Posted 22 July 2007 - 06:56 PM

I would suggest being very careful about mixing stimulants and ensure that your doctor knows what you are doing.

#7 nancy_axel

• 175 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 03:51 AM

modafinil I've found doesn't mix with any stimulant, ***ESPECIALLY**** adderall .. you'll get sinus issues too if you're predisposed to that sort of thing. cloudiness abound.

I would suggest being very careful about mixing stimulants and ensure that your doctor knows what you are doing.

#8 edward

• 1,404 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 05:57 PM

all I can say is adderall + modafinil = scary situation especially when one adds in the coffee, colas, tea and what not most people ingest (caffeine)

strattera is not side effect free especially if you are Male, it works pretty good for concentration and depression and you have got to love the non schedule, not officially stimulant classification.

I tried it when I was trying to find an alternative to Welbutrin. Very weird sexual side effects.

If you are female or a male where the above doesnt bother you the combo of Strattera + Modafinil has worked great for many people with ADD, ADHD, Depression etc.

#9 stargazer

• 76 posts

Posted 23 July 2008 - 09:16 PM

Currently I take 50-90mg ritalin and 200-300mg provigil everyday. The combination can sometimes result in "brain fog" if I administer the medications at the same time. To circumvent this I swallow 100-200mg provigil in the morning, wait untill lunch to take the ritalin ( at varying doses) and in the late afternoon administer additional ritalin or provigil or both if I feel the need. Works like a charm. Enjoy.

#10 Heliotrope

• 1,145 posts

Posted 23 July 2008 - 09:19 PM

Currently I take 50-90mg ritalin and 200-300mg provigil everyday. The combination can sometimes result in "brain fog" if I administer the medications at the same time. To circumvent this I swallow 100-200mg provigil in the morning, wait untill lunch to take the ritalin ( at varying doses) and in the late afternoon administer additional ritalin or provigil or both if I feel the need. Works like a charm. Enjoy.

so ADHD drugs and modafinil interact badly, give you brain fogs? i'd thought they'd give you double boost in concentration, energy/endurance/stamina, brain power, and no need to sleep for a while (like staying awake for 40, 50 hours straight), and make you a super workhorse like a super-human! apparently not and a dangerous combo

Edited by HYP86, 23 July 2008 - 09:21 PM.

#11 meursault

• 370 posts

Posted 23 July 2008 - 09:22 PM

so ADHD drugs and modafinil interact badly, give you brain fogs? i'd thought they'd give you double boost in concentration, energy/endurance/stamina, brain power, and no need to sleep for a while (like staying awake for 40, 50 hours straight), and make you a super workhorse like a super-human! apparently not and a dangerous combo

Terrible assumption

#12 stargazer

• 76 posts

Posted 23 July 2008 - 09:59 PM

Please don't distort what I wrote. Sometimes if modafinil and ritalin peak at the same time I get overstimulated and thus brainfogged, sometimes not. However, the effects DO stack, not linearly but modafinil + ritalin> only ritalin or only modafinil.

Why is this combo dangerous? Perhaps you should be more careful in your writing, there's no need for hyperbole.

#13 luv2increase

• 2,529 posts

Posted 28 July 2008 - 12:11 AM

You have to realize that there are many mechanisms in which these drugs work. There are many neurotransmitters which are being altered and altered in different ways. To someone uneducated you'd think that it would be super yet sometimes the mechanisms of action of one particular chemical will completely blunt out the positive effects of another chemical being taken concurrently. You throw in a dozen or two different chemicals, and there is now a million variables to try and figure out. Also, different people are different in how they react to one drug; just think how much differently they could possibly react to a couple dozen drugs.

When stacking many chemicals together, one kind of leaves the realm of a clinical, controlled setting in their experimentation. They are now, in a sense, on their own in their experimental endeavors. This is the reason why studying all of these things cannot be done overnight. Even the smartest of pharmacological scientists cannot possibly tell you how even 3 chemicals will react in tandem in your particular biological makeup.

One can literally only assume how a certain stack will 'behave' with your chemistry. The only way to actually know how things will react with your body is to experiment on your own. This in its own right is risky. In reality, everyone on this board are taking risks in their concoctions which they or others devise for their consumption.

Edited by luv2increase, 28 July 2008 - 12:12 AM.

• like x 1

#14 meursault

• 370 posts

Posted 28 July 2008 - 07:10 PM

Great post, luv2increase.

#15 okasion

• 1 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 11:15 PM

You have to realize that there are many mechanisms in which these drugs work. There are many neurotransmitters which are being altered and altered in different ways. To someone uneducated you'd think that it would be super yet sometimes the mechanisms of action of one particular chemical will completely blunt out the positive effects of another chemical being taken concurrently. You throw in a dozen or two different chemicals, and there is now a million variables to try and figure out. Also, different people are different in how they react to one drug; just think how much differently they could possibly react to a couple dozen drugs.

When stacking many chemicals together, one kind of leaves the realm of a clinical, controlled setting in their experimentation. They are now, in a sense, on their own in their experimental endeavors. This is the reason why studying all of these things cannot be done overnight. Even the smartest of pharmacological scientists cannot possibly tell you how even 3 chemicals will react in tandem in your particular biological makeup.

One can literally only assume how a certain stack will 'behave' with your chemistry. The only way to actually know how things will react with your body is to experiment on your own. This in its own right is risky. In reality, everyone on this board are taking risks in their concoctions which they or others devise for their consumption.

First time poster, I reached here doing Google searches about Memantine and how it interacts with other drugs.
luv2increase, You're really right in the things you say. I strongly agree with you.

How old are you? I'm 25.

Edited by okasion, 11 August 2011 - 11:17 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#16 Raptor87

• Validating/Suspended
  • 989 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 06:45 PM

How about this stack?

Deprenyl+modafinil+ritalin :laugh:

Anyone up for it? :-D

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users