- - - - -

oxiracetam and aniracetam

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 medievil

• Guest Guest
  • 3,758 posts

Posted 15 June 2007 - 10:37 AM

i know you have to take piracetam a while before you notice the effect it gives you, i also know you feel oxiracetam and aniracetam directly after taking them

but my question is, do they also have cumulative effects?
because i was thinking to add in those 2 on an as needed basis, so i'm wondering if i will mss any effect if i dont take them a few weeks

thx

#2 rebuild101

• 80 posts

Posted 15 June 2007 - 11:26 AM

That might be tricky or at least require a bit of experimenting. The reason I say that is that if you are already taking piracetam as a base line then you will probably get a greater impact from ani/oxi then if you had taken them alone. I only have about 2.5 days of experience with ani, but I found that when I took the recommended dose (have to look up the exact amount) along with my pira/choline I started feeling weird and spacey. That's a good indicator that I probably should have taken less ani -- at least to start.

Seems like some (most?) noots can be synergenic. So whether that means you'll need to use less piracetam or less aniracetam I am not sure. I doubt you would see effects from aniracetam if you took some time off. If I recall correctly, the stuff has a rather short half life. But I'll let more experienced/knowledgeable members weight in...

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 medievil

• Topic Starter
  • Guest Guest
  • 3,758 posts

Posted 15 June 2007 - 11:34 AM

i know dosages need some experimenting, thats why i'll allways try to start very low on dosage ;)

but still my question is the same, well if i lets say take (with or without piracetam) aniracetam one day, will the effect be the same like when i was taking it a few weeks allready?

#4 luv2increase

• 2,529 posts

Posted 15 June 2007 - 03:39 PM

The ani is cumulative. I don't know about the oxi.

#5 synaesthetic

• 230 posts

Posted 15 June 2007 - 04:32 PM

Aniracetam seems to build up quickly in about a day or getting to it's full potential with me, It can make me feel burned out from concentrating so hard. I usually feel that my body-mind connection is stronger in that I feel more focused aggressive.

Oxi seems a bit smoother overall but I usually notice it's effects immediately.

#6 nikopol

• 5 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 06:21 PM

Aniracetam, Oxiracetam, Piracetam

I wish someone could just tell me what the difference is between the 3 in one sentence each. So I know which ones to experiment with!

Thanks, if anybody could.

#7 rebuild101

• 80 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 10:21 PM

I"m a newb so disregard everything I say. With that being said, here is my non-one-sentence understanding.

Piracetam: Most researched, toxicity is of little concern, water soluble, good starter noot, four hour half life, could take 30-60 days to see effects if at all

Aniracetam: Fat soluble, shorter half life then piracetam (2 hr?), more mellow

Oxiracetam: A "speedy" 'racetam -- effects noticed possibly within days, some people complain it's too speedy though.

My understanding of the whole field is to try what works for you as a person. We're all wired very differently and not all 'racetams have tons of research for backup that I'm aware of (please, correct me if I'm wrong).

#8 luv2increase

• 2,529 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 10:33 PM

There are a lot of studies on these three racetams. Go to pubmed and look it up.

Piracetam --> 1797 hits

Aniracetam --> 256 hits

Oxiracetam --> 150 hits

Get to reading. A lot of interesting stuff in those studies.

#9 Guest_Isochroma_*

• Lurker

Posted 12 August 2009 - 02:04 AM

Today I found a study on Oxiracetam. It's using rats, but hey - the entire study is available as PDF. Usually one finds only abstracts.

Facilitating Effect of Oxiracetam and Piracetam on Acquisition of Discrete Two-Way Shuttle Avoidance in Normal Mice [Full-Text PDF]

Hisashi KURIBARA1) and Sakutaro TADOKORO1)
1) Division for Behavior Analysis, Behavior Research Institute, Gunma University School of Medicine

[Released: 2006/08/25]

Abstract:

Effects of oxiracetam and piracetam on acquisition of the discrete two-way shuttle avoidance response were investigated in normal mice of the dd strain. When oxiracetam or piracetam was administered only once immediately before the training session, the mice showed a greater number of avoidance responses in comparison with the saline-treated control mice, with the maximum effect at 30 mg/kg of oxiracetam and 100 mg/kg of piracetam. These results suggest that oxiracetam and piracetam facilitate the avoidance acquisition in normal mice.

Edited by Isochroma, 12 August 2009 - 02:05 AM.

#10 Guest_Isochroma_*

• Lurker

Posted 22 August 2009 - 08:51 PM

After finishing my first day of oxiracetam yesterday, I am very impressed.

First, I took it by the teaspoon with an additional heaping teaspoon of piracetam (my usual Piracetam dose). The effect were obvious, from faster typing to superparallel perception, but I'd like to focus on one neat aspect: the usual bowl-o-bud that night!

This was not cannabis but freaking LSD. Seriously. I had dosed 4 teaspoons of oxiracetam with piracetam spaced three hours apart. Outside at night, my mind was perfectly clear. Visuals like LSD, totally awake, totally clear. Blew piracetam outta the water, totally. Completely. Oxi-Clean.

And the sound! The sounds, I should say. Every sound, all processed in parallel, and all so super-saturated. I've never heard sound that amazing. It was almost too much. It was like the sound was blooming inside me. A stylization without distortion.

The taste is another point of comlementality: that awesome sweet flavor, just that single extra oxygen atom makes all the difference for the tastebuds!

The only limit is money, I would eat a pound a day if I could afford such an adventure. All-purpose general-use sweetener for oatmeal, beverages, etc. Oxi-Clean to make the brain shiny clean. New again, a new brain!

Edited by Isochroma, 22 August 2009 - 08:51 PM.

#11 Mortuorum

• 91 posts

Posted 22 August 2009 - 09:25 PM

LOL.......I think, ultimately, it may be counter-productive to be utilizing these nootropics in combinations with more inhibitory, numbing agents such as "bowl-o-bud" but I think you are conducting experiments upon yourself and I can empathize with and commend your fortitude of ambition, even if my subjectivity finds it displaced, "to each his own" as the platitudes blow...........What are your main objectives in your endeavors with nootropics?

Do you assimilate an acetylcholine precursor/enhancer of any kind, such as Alpha-GPC or Centrophenoxine (or both as they each act differently and complement one another)? I would strongly recommend you experiment with raw cacao, such as RAW cocoa powders, the Theobromine content is very high and it is an incredible stimulant that synergizes quite fascinatingly with racetams as well as with other nootropics. Theobromine in Chocolate/Cacao is distinct from caffeine which is a common misconception. It stimulates disparate (from caffeine) neurotransmitter systems and is a POTENT vasodilator as opposed to caffeine which impedes blood flow.....I make killer raw brownies with raw cacao powder, red maca powder, raw high fiber hemp protein powder, raw honey, and raw cocoa butter...Sometimes I throw in raw, sprouted walnut butter or a little raw centrifuge extracted virgin coconut oil for variation's sake.......

I am playing with all of the racetams right now but cannot find a harmonious balance, there are flashes here and there, I guess I have to isolate everything from scratch which will be a pain in the ass as I am stacking so many things now.....

Do you take or have you tried Idebenone? Have you tried Pramiracetam yet?

So far, I think Oxiracetam might be my favorite but it might be synergizing with Pramiracetam or Aniracetam in a positive way...The thing that concerns me most is drowsiness, brain fog, and it seems that maintaining consistency with the effects of these things is difficult, you have to continually tweak dosages and combinations.....I think the Theobromine in the cacao has been invaluable though and does not at all contribute to any crashing or lethargy, it works in quite the opposite manner as aopposed again to, caffeine for example.....

Keep me posted, your reports and insights are wondrously entertaining and informative!

Best,

M.

After finishing my first day of oxiracetam yesterday, I am very impressed.

First, I took it by the teaspoon with an additional heaping teaspoon of piracetam (my usual Piracetam dose). The effect were obvious, from faster typing to superparallel perception, but I'd like to focus on one neat aspect: the usual bowl-o-bud that night!

This was not cannabis but freaking LSD. Seriously. I had dosed 4 teaspoons of oxiracetam with piracetam spaced three hours apart. Outside at night, my mind was perfectly clear. Visuals like LSD, totally awake, totally clear. Blew piracetam outta the water, totally. Completely. Oxi-Clean.

And the sound! The sounds, I should say. Every sound, all processed in parallel, and all so super-saturated. I've never heard sound that amazing. It was almost too much. It was like the sound was blooming inside me. A stylization without distortion.

The taste is another point of comlementality: that awesome sweet flavor, just that single extra oxygen atom makes all the difference for the tastebuds!

The only limit is money, I would eat a pound a day if I could afford such an adventure. All-purpose general-use sweetener for oatmeal, beverages, etc. Oxi-Clean to make the brain shiny clean. New again, a new brain!

Edited by Mortuorum, 22 August 2009 - 09:27 PM.

#12 Guest_Isochroma_*

• Lurker

Posted 22 August 2009 - 09:32 PM

I tried pramiracetam once yesterday (it arrived in the same order).

My tongue hated it, it tasted ten times eviller than piracetam. Worse, it was like a million ants each with his own little pincers, each one abusing one of my taste-buds! That horrible billion-buzzsaws on my tastebuds lasted for five hours afterward. My tongue is sensitive though. Nobody else reported it either, so considered an atypical response.

As the pram came on I seemed to become sleepier, a bit like that foul Aniracetam {twenty grams of which awaits flushing down the toilet}. Now, that's just a first impression. I will report the full story on a Pram thread soon, when I run out of Oxi-Clean - which I will use exclusively with piracetam until its gone (end of today probably!).

The biggest nicety of Oxi is the wonderful taste... it now becomes a business possibility to sell it in drinks, as a tea-sweetener or heaven forbid a coffee-sweetener! Imagine the jitters from the potentiation of that much caffeine.

Edited by Isochroma, 22 August 2009 - 09:34 PM.

#13 golden1

• 681 posts

Posted 22 August 2009 - 09:39 PM

wow you make oxiracetam sound awesome, definitely the next one I'm going to try.

I'm going to assume I won't get the same effect when combining it with cannabis, but if I do boy will I be happy!
The fact that it actually tastes sweet is my favorite part, they should use it as a sweetener, I bet it is healthier than the other synthetic ones.

#14 Guest_Isochroma_*

• Lurker

Posted 22 August 2009 - 09:43 PM

For sure... check out my first report from yesterday, which goes into even more detail.

Since I can't really afford to dose it alone (dream: 4 tablespoons oxi per day, nothing else!), I've come up with some proposed mixes which are more economic. Also, these impressive effects remind me of my first Piracetam dose, and those faded into a more general well-being later. So all this reportage may be very premature.

OxiMix-1:

1x500g Piracetam: $18.99
1x150g Oxiracetam: $100.00
Shipping: $30
Total: $148.99 USD / 161.07 CAD
Mix Ratio: 150:500
Oxi Content: 23%

OxiMix-2:

1x500g Piracetam: $18.99
1x150g Oxiracetam: $100.00
1x50g Oxiracetam: $39.99
Shipping: $30
Total: $188.98 USD / 204.30 CAD
Mix Ratio: 200:500
Oxi Content: 28.6%

Edited by Isochroma, 22 August 2009 - 09:46 PM.

#15 Mortuorum

• 91 posts

Posted 22 August 2009 - 09:46 PM

I tried pramiracetam once yesterday (it arrived in the same order).

My tongue hated it, it tasted ten times eviller than piracetam. Worse, it was like a million ants each with his own little pincers, each one abusing one of my taste-buds! That horrible billion-buzzsaws on my tastebuds lasted for five hours afterward. My tongue is sensitive though. Nobody else reported it either, so considered an atypical response.

As the pram came on I seemed to become sleepier, a bit like that foul Aniracetam {twenty gram of which awaits flushing down the toilet}. Now, that's just a first impression. I will report the full story on a Pram thread soon, when I run out of Oxi-Clean - which I will use exclusively with piracetam until its gone (end of today probably!).

Do you take Idebenone or any cholinergics?

Mucous-Membrane searing Pram powder is despicably vile, ruins the taste of anything I consume for the remainder of the day (well, maybe not quite THAT bad but at least several hours though)...Pram should really be encapsulated!!!!!! I think Aniracetam is nasty but not nearly as bad as Pram. How did you respond to Aniracetam, excess drowsiness? Did you play with dosages and give it a few days?

How much Oxi would you estimate that you consumed yesterday and today? You did a lot of Oxi yesterday along with the Pram?

Edited by Mortuorum, 22 August 2009 - 09:47 PM.

#16 Guest_Isochroma_*

• Lurker

Posted 22 August 2009 - 09:50 PM

I take nothing else. Sometimes I eat raw egg yolks, but not often. I've just started 4g/day wild fish oil gelcaps yesterday, not something that has ever affected me like that.

Aniracetam always made me sleepy, almost drunk in terms of balance, but did enhance color saturation. I tried it on many occasions at various doses, alone and in combination with piracetam. When combined with piracetam it just dragged pir's awake-clarity down.

Yesterday I took about 4 level teaspoons (3.2 grams per teaspoon) each spaced 4 hours apart.

The pram was only a single dose whose effect came and went within a few hours. As for the amount, it was about 500-600mg.

Finally, oxiracetam seems to slightly attenuate the increased visual color saturation induced by piracetam, but enhances or maintains the visual edge-sharpness. Unlike piracetam, auditory enhancement is significant and easily observed when listening to music or any other sound.

Edited by Isochroma, 22 August 2009 - 09:58 PM.

#17 Mortuorum

• 91 posts

Posted 22 August 2009 - 10:17 PM

Finally, oxiracetam seems to slightly attenuate the increased visual color saturation induced by piracetam, but enhances or maintains the visual edge-sharpness. Unlike piracetam, auditory enhancement is significant and easily observed when listening to music or any other sound.
[/quote]

Interesting. How much Piracetam did you take in combination with the Oxi and how often? Do you smoke "bowl-o-bud" every day, several times?

Edited by Mortuorum, 22 August 2009 - 10:18 PM.

#18 golden1

• 681 posts

Posted 22 August 2009 - 10:47 PM

I take nothing else. Sometimes I eat raw egg yolks, but not often. I've just started 4g/day wild fish oil gelcaps yesterday, not something that has ever affected me like that.

Aniracetam always made me sleepy, almost drunk in terms of balance, but did enhance color saturation. I tried it on many occasions at various doses, alone and in combination with piracetam. When combined with piracetam it just dragged pir's awake-clarity down.

Yesterday I took about 4 level teaspoons (3.2 grams per teaspoon) each spaced 4 hours apart.

The pram was only a single dose whose effect came and went within a few hours. As for the amount, it was about 500-600mg.

I read your other post as well, I seem to get similar effects from aniracetam.
the visual sharpness, saturation(which I also got on piracetam, but not as strong), and sound enhancement(really obvious, almost like being high, but different).

I used to get foggy headed and really sleepy with aniracetam when I first tried it too, but I started taking choline and that fixed it.
Its good to know that oxiracetam can have similar effects because the visual/sound effects are my favorite part. I wonder what both of them together would be like,
I'll be sure to share my experience that's for sure.

#19 mvrx

• 2 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 10:40 PM

I just made a new mix of the racetams. I use those 00 sized gel caps with the little press device to turn my racetam mix into pills.. There is no way I am attempting to swallow this stuff as a powder. I stuck some pramiracetam under my toungue without thinking and thought I was going to die. :-D (as the previous poster mentioned).

I have yet to try oxiracetam, but now that I see the source for it out on http://www.cerebralh...supplements.php I'm going to get some.

Each pill weighs in at about 800mg, (I take 2-4) so my best judgement my current pill is;
* 200mg piracetam
* 250mg+ Aniracetam
* 300mg Pramiracetam
* 1mg hydergine

I think my next batch will be:
* 100mg piracetam
* 200mg Aniracetam
* 200mg Oxiracetam
* 200mg Pramiracetam
* 1mg hydergine

I take Dextroamphet each day too, and sometimes Vyvnase for my ADHD. I notice a reasonable boost to the effectiveness of my meds with these pills. And when I take 2-4+ at night, I sleep like 2 hours less and dream like I'm plugged into the matrix.

I also have some nuvigil, haven't been able to properly judge the effects on this yet tho.

As for a supplement, I take 2-4 pills of the Higher Mind product from Source Naturals and sometimes take some Alpha GPC choline, huperzine A, and a couple other things. Instead of taking lots of L-Dopa I take a tiny bit of http://en.wikipedia....bidopa/levodopa and it packs a punch.

I have days when I feel utterly brilliant.. and some that suck, but that is usually tied to not sleeping right or letting my blood sugar go to low. This is my first go with the racetam blend pills, and I'm anxious to determine the long term gains.

#20 yipe

• Guest, F@H
  • 32 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 09:51 AM

Each pill weighs in at about 800mg, (I take 2-4) so my best judgement my current pill is;
* 200mg piracetam
* 250mg+ Aniracetam
* 300mg Pramiracetam
* 1mg hydergine

I think my next batch will be:
* 100mg piracetam
* 200mg Aniracetam
* 200mg Oxiracetam
* 200mg Pramiracetam
* 1mg hydergine

I take Dextroamphet each day too, and sometimes Vyvnase for my ADHD. I notice a reasonable boost to the effectiveness of my meds with these pills. And when I take 2-4+ at night, I sleep like 2 hours less and dream like I'm plugged into the matrix.

Sorry for reviving a long dead thread but I am seriously jealous of those pills. I think I'm going to be blowing a substantial portion of my next paycheck on some racetams.

I know people don't like Guest_Isochroma_* because of... well we all know why, but his posts are incredibly entertaining to me and actually remind me a lot of myself last time I was taking a lot of nootropics. Actually they've inspired me to start taking piracetam again.

How are people getting dextroamphetamines? Aren't they highly restricted if not schedule I? I don't know anything about amphetamines, having never tried them myself. My only experience with them was reading about the character Case taking "dex" in Neuromancer.

#21 medicineman

• 750 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 01:27 PM

I remember at one post me and isochroma had a go at it, but he is a great writer none the less. I was really fascinated by his comparison of piracetam and -pyroglutamic acid, how piracetam was the impolite dancer, getting close but not close enough to the receptor site, close enough to ward off the suitors, but not close enough to make her certain..... anyways:

amphetamines knock out extracellular magnesium, and therefore may potentiate racetams in a bad way. theoretically, it is a neurotoxic recipe (thanks to Pike for this info).....

just for extra info, magnesium is the sentinel guard keeping those NMDA receptors under check, and for NMDA to activate AMPA, magensium needs to be knocked off..... amphetamines do that, keeping an unchecked horde of NMDA receptors..... combine that with the racetams ability to potentiate, and prime these receptors for action, you might be doing more harm than good.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#22 Ashley Phillips

• 2 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 10:48 PM

I have heard that with some people a kind of tolerance develops with the effects that you feel immediately on your first time, unlike piracetam. Although that could just be because they're so used to feeling that way that it becomes the new 'normal' if you get what i mean...

I have never tried aniracetam long term though, I actually use it as a sleeping aid, I used it with the intial expectations that it would increase my concentration and study-potential but to my suprise it actually made me really tired and somnolent. This feeling only lasts for about 3 hours though then I am back to normal, perfect for an aid to initiate sleep as it normally takes me 30-60mins to drop off.

Edited by Ashley Phillips, 30 March 2012 - 10:51 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users