Job Announcement - Executive Director

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 eternaltraveler

• Guest, Guardian
  • 6,471 posts

Posted 16 September 2007 - 07:22 PM

JOB ANNOUNCEMENT - Executive Director

The Immortality Institue, a U.S. 501(3)© non-profit corporation dedicated to conquering the blight of involuntary death, is currently seeking a part-time Executive Director. The Director will be reponsible for content management of the website www.imminst.org  as well as leadership of member projects. The position will be evaluated for a trial period of 3 months with the potential for longer term employment following a review of the trial period.

SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES

A list of specific duties can be found here:

http://www.imminst.o...&t=17455&hl=&s=

These will include but are not limited to:

1. Content manager for the website, primarily for the front page. A front page redesign should be accomplished during the trial period.
2. As part of the content management, a front page news feed (twice a week at a minimum with the goal of a daily news feed by the end of the trial period), and a original feature article (every other week at a minimum with the goal of once a week by the end of the trial period).
3. Organize and moderate a Sunday evening chat.
4. Be the point/lead person in member initiatives, whatever they may be. Be the person that makes sure the initiative is organized, goal specific, and completed during a defined timespan. Initially not for things as big as the film but for smaller outreach-type efforts.
5 Responsible for general site clean-up and organization.

REQUIREMENTS

Familiarity with the Institute's ongoing activities and history is preferred.

Some knowledge of web design, forum software & operation, and html is preferred.

Previous experience in management and accounting is a plus.

Candidate should have strong writing skills.

SALARY AND BONUSES

A salary of $600 USD per month during the trial period.

10% commission on all new sponsor contracts for the website (sponsors must be approved by the board of directors)

$400 USD bonus for every new 100 full members who join the Institute.

All applicants please submit a cover letter and resume to support@imminst .org

The Immortality Institute is and Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, nationality, political or religious affiliation. All qualified persons are encouraged to apply.

#2 Brainbox

• 2,860 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 September 2007 - 11:20 AM

Looks good to start with.
What about content management of our Wiki?

$400 USD bonus for every new 100 full members who join the Institute.

How do we measure that new memberships are due to the ED initiatives?

#3 caston

• 2,141 posts

Posted 17 September 2007 - 03:59 PM

Why not just award everyone $4 every time they signup another full member?
We could make a full time of it hanging around in malls and walking up to people and saying "How would you like to live forever?" :)

sponsored ad

• Advert

#4 Mind

• Life Member, Director, Moderator, Treasurer
  • 19,040 posts

Posted 17 September 2007 - 05:47 PM

Why not just award everyone $4 every time they signup another full member?

Not a bad idea, verification would seem to be a stumbling block.

What about content management of our Wiki?

Something worthy to work on eventually.

How do we measure that new memberships are due to the ED initiatives?

ED might or might not come up with original initiatives. The idea is to have someone take action. 1,000 good ideas have passed through these forums in the last 2 years, but none of them have gotten done (ok, maybe a couple, the R&R subscription benefit comes to mind). Membership has not grown much at all since the end of 2005. The problem is not the lack of initiatives but the lack of labor. When I proposed this position, there was a strong feeling there should be incentives. I asked for ideas, but nothing conrete was provided at the time. I reasoned that the two most important statistics for the institute are the number of members and revenue (that is how the incentives/bonuses were developed). If the addition of an ED directly ot indirectly increases these two parameters, then I figure it is worth it.

#5 Brainbox

• 2,860 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 September 2007 - 06:13 AM

ED might or might not come up with original initiatives. The idea is to have someone take action. 1,000 good ideas have passed through these forums in the last 2 years, but none of them have gotten done (ok, maybe a couple, the R&R subscription benefit comes to mind). Membership has not grown much at all since the end of 2005. The problem is not the lack of initiatives but the lack of labor. When I proposed this position, there was a strong feeling there should be incentives. I asked for ideas, but nothing conrete was provided at the time. I reasoned that the two most important statistics for the institute are the number of members and revenue (that is how the incentives/bonuses were developed). If the addition of an ED directly ot indirectly increases these two parameters, then I figure it is worth it.

So I understand we start from a "zero growth" reference. Agreed.

#6 Lazarus Long

• Life Member, Guardian
  • 8,116 posts
  • Location:Northern, Western Hemisphere of Earth, Usually of late, New York

Posted 18 September 2007 - 12:45 PM

A student single month sign up is $5. If a $4 commission were paid in this instance that is an 80% commission and an incentive to cook the books.

I think there needs to be a leveled playing field and a set of standards to work with.

One the commission is paid only after a specific period that includes confirmation of payment.

Second the commission is based on the type of membership. For example just as it is unfair to expect a $4 commission on a $5 monthly student membership it is also unfair to pay $4 if someone gets a person to make a $500 lifetime membership.

Third we really need to check the number to start with and be sure we have a valid count before beginning, this however brings up the fact that a big part of the incentive should not merely be to recruit new members but even more importantly retain and upgrade members. How do we create incentives around this aspect?

#7 caliban

• Admin, Advisor, Director
  • 9,152 posts

Posted 20 September 2007 - 09:37 PM

The link in the announcement does not work.

The statement "All qualified persons are encouraged to apply" is a bit dubious, considering that the FM forum is the only place where this advert is published.

I suggest an application deadline for the end of this month.

#8 caliban

• 9,152 posts

Posted 01 October 2007 - 12:01 PM

*nudge*

Have there been any applications thus far?

#9 caliban

• 9,152 posts

Posted 16 October 2007 - 11:03 AM

bump again
This could be one of the most important developments that ImmInst has ever experienced.

The advert has now been out for a month. Any news?

#10 eternaltraveler

• Topic Starter
  • Guest, Guardian
  • 6,471 posts

Posted 16 October 2007 - 03:33 PM

Only Mind has applied as far as I'm aware.

I'm going to bring forth a vote to make it official soon.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users