- - - - -

Forskolin

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 dannov

• 317 posts

Posted 24 September 2007 - 03:24 PM

http://www.cancerpag...le.asp?id=10101

Good read if you're interested in this supplement. Despite the good doc's advice, I'll have my 95% Forskolin in real soon...and begin experimenting oral ingestion and see how it affects my weekly tanning. I'll be sure to report back in this thread the results!

#2 resveratrol

• 340 posts

Posted 24 September 2007 - 05:52 PM

I'll be interested in hearing your results. I'm particularly curious to see how even a tan you can get with this -- I'd imagine you could end up with a very uneven pseudo-tan if you don't apply it very carefully.

Dannov, who's your vendor?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 dannov

• Topic Starter
  • 317 posts

Posted 24 September 2007 - 07:28 PM

I'm not doing the topical, just the oral ingestion--so I'm basically making myself a complete guinea pig. I have olive skin so tanning isn't hard, though I can get pretty white without light (winter). I'm interested in seeing if supplementing, say, 100mg a day (or more if needed) would allow me to get darker in a faster-than-usual manner, and perhaps with less UV needed than I usually need.

I convinced Sabinsa I was a small-time personal distributor, and they lifted their "at least 1 kilo" rule for me and let me buy 100g for $240 >.<

#4 dannov

• Topic Starter
  • 317 posts

Posted 01 October 2007 - 03:54 PM

As an update:

- I took 1g of 95% Forskolin, and landed a massive headache behind the eyes. I laid off it for a few days, headache made sleep difficult, but was pretty much gone upon waking.

- Next time I took it (this past Saturday), I took 500mg. Got another massive headache, between that and shoulder/neck inflammation (whipped my ass at the gym too hard I guess, but haven't had this sort of pain for 5 years), couldn't sleep till 8am.

Could be coincidental, but I'm going to do next dose at 100mg.
  • dislike x 1

#5 shuffleup

• 160 posts

Posted 01 October 2007 - 07:20 PM

As an update:

- I took 1g of 95% Forskolin, and landed a massive headache behind the eyes.  I laid off it for a few days, headache made sleep difficult, but was pretty much gone upon waking.

- Next time I took it (this past Saturday), I took 500mg.  Got another massive headache, between that and shoulder/neck inflammation (whipped my ass at the gym too hard I guess, but haven't had this sort of pain for 5 years), couldn't sleep till 8am.

Could be coincidental, but I'm going to do next dose at 100mg.

Why were you dosing the forskolin so high? I haven't used it in a while but aren't 20-60mg doses of the active enough for weightloss? Or am I missing the purpose you're using it for?

#6 neogenic

• 481 posts

Posted 02 October 2007 - 03:40 AM

The Forslean is often associated with diarrhea/GI distress at higher doses with the 20% and 40%. Though it seems less report this issue with the 40%. Just wondering if the 95% resolves this issue, thereby implicating some other compound in the coleus forskoli plant.

#7 quicksilver

• 98 posts

Posted 02 October 2007 - 09:50 AM

The purer the better.

#8 superpooper

• 190 posts

Posted 02 October 2007 - 04:35 PM

I've seen this stuff recommend for auto-immune diseases, anyone know why?

#9 krillin

• 1,516 posts

Posted 02 October 2007 - 05:41 PM

My guess is that cAMP lowers inflammatory cytokines. That's how Trental works.

#10 bran319

• 175 posts

Posted 02 October 2007 - 07:44 PM

My guess is that cAMP lowers inflammatory cytokines. That's how Trental works.

Yup-via inhibition of Nf-kappa B.

#11 dannov

• Topic Starter
  • 317 posts

Posted 02 October 2007 - 09:20 PM

Was looking to see if oral digestion would enhance the rate at which I tan, thus needing to spend less time tanning. There has been no evidence to support this--the only evidence linking it to tanning was topical application onto mice. I figured I'd try my hand at oral digestion and see if it made a difference. Headaches have deterred me from touching it again--I'll try in a couple more days with a 100mg dose and report feedback.

Forslean has 20-60mg, but it doesn't mean it's effective.

#12 shuffleup

• 160 posts

Posted 02 October 2007 - 10:11 PM

Was looking to see if oral digestion would enhance the rate at which I tan, thus needing to spend less time tanning.  There has been no evidence to support this--the only evidence linking it to tanning was topical application onto mice.  I figured I'd try my hand at oral digestion and see if it made a difference.  Headaches have deterred me from touching it again--I'll try in a couple more days with a 100mg dose and report feedback.

Forslean has 20-60mg, but it doesn't mean it's effective.

I used 60mg and it was effective for weight loss but didn't notice any tanning benefits (wasn't looking).

I dropped 10 lbs pretty quick though after plateuing.

#13 dannov

• Topic Starter
  • 317 posts

Posted 03 October 2007 - 02:01 PM

I assume you're referring to Forslean and not the 95% Forskolin extract right?

#14 jubai

• 130 posts

Posted 03 October 2007 - 02:22 PM

You should check your dosages

Daily forskolin consumption is in the 50-75mg range ex: 500-750mg of sabinsa 10% extract (which I use)

IMO don't use it for tanning at high doses, but for immunity and body fat composition

Forskolin is a vasodilatator and even with a single dose of 50mg I can feel increased pressure in my ears and temples.

#15 dannov

• Topic Starter
  • 317 posts

Posted 04 October 2007 - 03:16 PM

That would explain the headache--it was situated behind my eye sockets and temples.

#16 Barksdale

• 149 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 02:34 PM

Anyone else tried it for tanning? I'm looking into it now:), cause MT2 sounds kinda risky..

#17 bran319

• 175 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 04:19 PM

I took forskolin for about 4 months in the fall/winter a couple years ago to test it's purported tanning and body recomping effects and noticed zilch from it. I was taking the Sabinsa brand 90% so purity shouldn't have been an issue. It is possible that it is something else in the Coleus Forskholii plant that has the effect but everything I've read points towards forskolin so I dont' know.

#18 Lufega

• 1,810 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 March 2009 - 10:53 PM

I have a love/hate relationship with forskolin. It lowers body fat and increased lean mass but.....but....it turned me into an asshole. A big one. I was a raging lunatic breathing fire through my nose and it caused me quite a few friendships. This is handy to take before a fight or any kind of confrontation. For those couple weeks, I was fearless. Also, my hair started falling out. I still think it's a great supplement with lots of potential but you have to be very aware of the changes it induces in you.

#19 bgwithadd

• 820 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 03:52 AM

Headaches are what happens when you take a large dose of any vasodilator. Why would anyone be surprised by this?

Forskolin is great in some ways, but high dose will shut down your kidneys and your brain or cause massive headaches , so take a reasonable dose. 120mg of 20% twice a day has a strong effect.

It will also lower blood sugar dramatically, so if you take it on an empty stomach you will get hungry in short order.

Edited by bgwithadd, 25 March 2009 - 03:56 AM.

#20 blazewind

• 77 posts

Posted 20 April 2009 - 03:31 PM

I have a love/hate relationship with forskolin. It lowers body fat and increased lean mass but.....but....it turned me into an asshole. A big one. I was a raging lunatic breathing fire through my nose and it caused me quite a few friendships. This is handy to take before a fight or any kind of confrontation. For those couple weeks, I was fearless. Also, my hair started falling out. I still think it's a great supplement with lots of potential but you have to be very aware of the changes it induces in you.

How long, what dosage were you on, and what version of forskolin?

#21 Lufega

• 1,810 posts
  • NO

Posted 20 April 2009 - 06:39 PM

How long, what dosage were you on, and what version of forskolin?

I was using the LEF version for a couple months. My dose varied per pill but went up as high as 100 mg forskolin per day and never any less than 50 mg.

#22 THEHUGE

• 44 posts

Posted 12 December 2009 - 12:17 AM

The Forslean is often associated with diarrhea/GI distress at higher doses with the 20% and 40%. Though it seems less report this issue with the 40%. Just wondering if the 95% resolves this issue, thereby implicating some other compound in the coleus forskoli plant.

It's the forskolin itself causing mild GI distress in some people so the % is not going to make any difference actually.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#23 THEHUGE

• 44 posts

Posted 12 December 2009 - 12:18 AM

Sounds like Cheque Drops not forskolin :|?

Edited by THEHUGE, 12 December 2009 - 12:19 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users