• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Adverts help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

Photo

Selegiline HCL in Australia

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 dehbleh

• Validating/Suspended
  • 107 posts

Posted 05 October 2007 - 07:31 AM

Hey I just received my Selegiline in the mail and it had been inspected by customs (resealed with their green labeled tape).

I purchased it from Inhouse Pharmacy as I've ordered other items from this site in the past and have had no issues.

I thought importing prescription medicines into Australia was a big no-no but apparently I'm wrong (or just very lucky).

I also ordered a tube of generic Retin-A with it, this also clearly states "PRESCRIPTION ONLY MEDICINE". Perhaps customs thought I was a Parkinsons patient with bad skin and felt sorry for me??

Anyway, now that I got this in I feel much more confident ordering some Hydergine and Modanafil from Airsealed.

#2 zoolander

• 4,724 posts

Posted 05 October 2007 - 01:53 PM

I live in Melbourne and have been important selegiline for a few years now. I have a good relationship with the TGA and have spoken with them on several occasions about importing various compounds. Selegiline gets through via a loophole as it is not on the restricted substances list. You cannot import substances such as modafinil or piracetam though. These are restricted and will be seized by customs.

Dehbleh, if you have any question try ringing the TGA service desk. Keep in mind though that they sometimes take a little while to return the call to answer your questions. They will sometimes respond in an ambiguous way and not give you the full story but at the end of the day it's worth asking what you can get in and what you can't.

Something to keep in mind as well is that there are restrictions on some food items such as eggs and the word diary/milk in them. For example, if you imported a protein powder that said "Egg protein" or "Complete Milk protein" chances are that it will get seized by customs
  • Disagree x 1

#3 zoolander

• 4,724 posts

Posted 05 October 2007 - 01:55 PM

Dehbleh, please be careful with how you use selegiline. Be careful with the dosing

sponsored ad

• Advert

#4 mike250

• 981 posts

Posted 05 October 2007 - 11:14 PM

when you say restricted, u mean controlled don't you?

#5 dehbleh

• Topic Starter
  • Validating/Suspended
  • 107 posts

Posted 06 October 2007 - 12:40 AM

Zoolander,

I emailed the TGA roughly 2 months ago about ordering in some Piracetam, DMAE and Choline Bitartrate. They were not only ambiguous in their response, but pointed me to some rather unhelpful links on their website (that being the Appendix A & B of restricted imports).

Anyway, I couldn't find Piracetam on these lists so (like I had successfully done in the past) I ordered a small quantity of Piracetam. Bearing this in mind, I took a gamble and ordered the bulk quantities of Piracetam, DMAE and Choline Bitartrate. The order took roughly 1.5weeks to reach Australia from Bulk Nutrition in the USA. All containers had been opened by Quarantine and resealed. It had a different coloured tape than that of customs but my point is nothing was missing. The entire order reached me no problems.

They are very inconsistent in their approach! Makes me think I could get Modanafil and Hydergine into our country with no worries.

Oh and Selegiline is fucking amazing. I took 20mg for the first time mixed with 120mg of MDMA and all of a sudden I was chewing gum and getting out the glowsticks in my bedroom.....

...Not really, but it does appear to be quite an interesting compound. I had a total of 5mg in split dosages yesterday and the effects were quite pronounced. Suddenly I wasn't so shitty/moody and just wanted to get stuff done around the house. Then later on that night I watched a lengthy movie and had no issues with my attention span (I'm usually quite restless). Everything just seemed so clear and coherent, easy to understand. Not only that, but I actually enjoyed taking my dog for a walk. It wasn't jittery, anxious, tense... nothing like that. I felt an amazing sense of clarity, it's difficult to describe. The whole reason I became interested in nootropics was to achieve this kind of effect, as I've watched my mental ability sharply decline over the past 3 years and... well... I wan't the old me back.

Today I will take 2.5mg with food and see how I am. If that goes well, I'll decrease it to 1mg a day.

#6 methodice

• 9 posts

Posted 09 October 2007 - 06:04 AM

Quite funny dehbleh. I might check out seleg and buy it. I have know about it for at least 9 years, finally might get some. Think of all the aging my brain has done in that time :)

#7 Michelle

• 2 posts

Posted 13 February 2008 - 11:31 AM

Hey I just received my Selegiline in the mail and it had been inspected by customs (resealed with their green labeled tape).

I purchased it from Inhouse Pharmacy as I've ordered other items from this site in the past and have had no issues.

I thought importing prescription medicines into Australia was a big no-no but apparently I'm wrong (or just very lucky).

I also ordered a tube of generic Retin-A with it, this also clearly states "PRESCRIPTION ONLY MEDICINE". Perhaps customs thought I was a Parkinsons patient with bad skin and felt sorry for me??

Anyway, now that I got this in I feel much more confident ordering some Hydergine and Modanafil from Airsealed.

#8 Michelle

• 2 posts

Posted 13 February 2008 - 11:41 AM

hello All!!

I just got an email from TGA saying that yes..i can import Modafinil or selegine to Australia BUT i need a prescription..if i had one ..why i would bother to import???? They also said that a prescription was a LEGAL requirement to import.

Does anybody have more precise information?

I also emailed TGA in regarding to another medicine (Acomplia), a few months ago..but at that time..the answer was..yes..you can import..BUT IT IS ADVISED ..you include a fax of your prescription.

#9 Irradiance

• 13 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 03:24 AM

I've been ordering selegiline, modafinil and a whole lot of other stuff for some time now (to Brisbane). Customs often opens things, but everything has always gotten through (except 4.5 kg of whey powder. They will seize that). I'm pretty sure that anything that isn't on the TGA appendix A and B list is fine to import. Admittedly, the modafinil was through elitenetpharmacy.net, who wrap things so thoroughly that I don't think customs can be bothered opening them. 3/4 packages from them have gone unopened - and I can't remember right now if the modafinil had been opened!

Anyhow, my advice is to just go for it. If it's not on the list, it should be fine.

#10 Irradiance

• 13 posts

Posted 02 September 2008 - 12:27 AM

Well, I guess I spoke too soon of never being hassled by the TGA. Actually, despite importing all sorts of things over the years, today was the first time they decided to request that I provide some written assurances that the products were for personal use AND some sort of prescription or permission slip from a doctor.

I ordered carisoprodol and topical isotretinoin from elitenetpharmacy.

Their letter was a little heavy-handed, IMO, stating that they could prosecute me under subsection 19B of the Commonwealth Therapeutic Goods Act 1989 on the grounds that carisoprodol is not a registered good (listed on the Australian Register of Therapeutic Goods), which you can search here.

If anyone has any advice before I start bothering a GP so I can have these goods released, I'd be very grateful!

#11 Ben

• 2,010 posts

Posted 02 September 2008 - 01:11 AM

Of course, soma is going to be major red flag for them. I doubt they would have bothered if it was only the topical isotret.

#12 Irradiance

• 13 posts

Posted 02 September 2008 - 04:22 AM

Of course, soma is going to be major red flag for them. I doubt they would have bothered if it was only the topical isotret.

Understandably, but this is probably the 5th time I've ordered it and haven't had any problems before, despite my packages being subject to inspection by customs. I wonder if they're tightening controls, or whether I'm just a victim of chaos.

#13 Plarck

• 1 posts

Posted 20 March 2009 - 05:52 AM

Are you still getting Selegline into Australia by post without any Customs problems?

#14 dave_black

• 31 posts

Posted 13 May 2009 - 10:23 PM

they seize it because it is a precursor to meprobamate, but sometimes they seem to miss it for some reason.

#15 Ben

• 2,010 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 07:00 AM

they seize it because it is a precursor to meprobamate, but sometimes they seem to miss it for some reason.

It also enhances the effects of analgesic opiates to the point where at least some of them apparently (according to some junky's account I read on the net) feel like heroin.

#16 dave_black

• 31 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 01:54 AM

It also enhances the effects of analgesic opiates to the point where at least some of them feel like heroin.

oxycodone + soma = heroin.

#17 Steve_86

• 266 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 02:24 PM

Has anyone had any issues importing Selegiline yet?

It's about time for my next order, every time I get a little nervous.

#18 HCL3347978

• 14 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 12:39 AM

I'm interested in getting Peracitam or Aniracetam, Sulbutiamine and CDP Choline into Aus

I'm also interested in modafinil, but by the sounds of it, my chances arent good

Can anyone tell me if the top 4 are ok to come into Australia? I emailed the TGA but they're taking forever

Honestly don't want to get in any trouble.

#19 John Barleycorn

• 142 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 06:26 AM

Can anyone tell me if the top 4 are ok to come into Australia? I emailed the TGA but they're taking forever

Here's the latest poisons standard (ie, TGA regulations), which is updated quarterly: http://www.comlaw.go...ils/F2010L02386

Here's the latest customs prohibited imports list: http://www.comlaw.go...ies/F1996B03651

TGA and customs are not one and the same. Customs are the ones to tell you about what can and can't be imported; whereas the TGA generally decide which medications are controlled via prescriptions, etc.

#20 Cameronthecreator

• 11 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 12:15 PM

Here's the latest poisons standard (ie, TGA regulations), which is updated quarterly: http://www.comlaw.go...ils/F2010L02386

Here's the latest customs prohibited imports list: http://www.comlaw.go...ies/F1996B03651

TGA and customs are not one and the same. Customs are the ones to tell you about what can and can't be imported; whereas the TGA generally decide which medications are controlled via prescriptions, etc.

So how has everyone been going lately? has anyone had trouble ordering it? on that TGA list it is listed as schedule 4 but I don't know if that means I can't import, I can't find it listed on the Customs list, what would happen if I imported it and they seized it?

#21 nootrapharm

• 2 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 03:46 PM

Hi all.. let me chime in here.

Selegiline is an S4 and there are 2 registered products in Australia.

I don't see an issue with seeing your GP and discussing with him/her why you may want this medication. They would be able to prescribe it to you for off-label use (unless of course, you have parkinsons then you could get it on the PBS) and you could get this filled at your local pharmacy with no issue.

Though I imagine many have and will continue to import this medication with no issue, there are a few laws in place which could theoretically land you in serious trouble for importing this particular molecule.

Though it's doubtful, the fact that you leave yourself open to be subject to these laws is not neccesarily something you want on your mind.

Piracetam is another issue however, as there is no real commercially available source in Australia at the moment that is registered with the TGA. It would take some serious adverse event related to this molecule to be reported through ADRAC or worse be in the media before any serious regulation takes place.

I think it should be de-scheduled. It would be interesting to see what factors were taken into consideration to warrant its S4 status in Aust. A conspiracy theorist might suggest that because it is cheap, effective and in abundance - big pharma who have invested billions into cognitive therapeutics for treatment of dementia related illnesses would not want it to be freely available.

#22 knutsayang

• 58 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 10:40 AM

Can anyone else please comment whether you have been able to import Selegiline/Deprynyl into Australia RECENTLY? Thanks a bunch! I am thinking of giving it a go, if all i get is a warning letter, I could deal with that I suppose. Any help?!

#23 Steve_86

• 266 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 11:48 AM

I don't see an issue with seeing your GP and discussing with him/her why you may want this medication. They would be able to prescribe it to you for off-label use (unless of course, you have parkinsons then you could get it on the PBS) and you could get this filled at your local pharmacy with no issue.

Please tell me how you find such a good GP? Every single GP I have seen has been either extremely conservative refusing to prescribe anything off label, or just looks at me like I’m a meth-head when I question using anything off-label.

#24 gray.bot

• 262 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 01:16 AM

I'm getting modafinil and selegiline into Australia without a problem. Customs has never opened a package.

I also import piracetam, centrophenaxine and hydergine which are all prescription online medicines. Yes, you read correctly, piracetam is a schedule 4 drug in Aus.

But I get it all in with no problems and have never ever ever had an issue. I've been importing since 2005.

PM me if you want a source for selegiline! Or modafinil for that matter.
  • like x 1

#25 Psychonaut

• 36 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 12:47 AM

I'm getting modafinil and selegiline into Australia without a problem. Customs has never opened a package.

I also import piracetam, centrophenaxine and hydergine which are all prescription online medicines. Yes, you read correctly, piracetam is a schedule 4 drug in Aus.

But I get it all in with no problems and have never ever ever had an issue. I've been importing since 2005.

PM me if you want a source for selegiline! Or modafinil for that matter.

A friend of mine and myself have had a similar experience with customs over the years, we joke about it all the time, their incompetence is comical. Firstly it is rare that your package will even be opened and secondly unless you are trying to smuggle an obvious illegal recreational drug of some kind, other types of supplements and medications always seem to get through. Once I even had a package checked and get through which had several unmarked vials in it and several baggies of unmarked capped powders; could not believe it when it arrived on my door with the customs declaration on it and everything still in there.

Edited by cryonicsculture, 06 August 2014 - 05:50 PM.

#26 gray.bot

• 262 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:36 AM

Quick tip guys:

Always order the fastest express shipping.

Customs are not allowed to delay express parcels or impact on the delivery times the shipping company has promised.

This means that the packages are just sped through customs - they barely check them, if at all.

If your stuff is getting opened it's probably because you are cheaping out with the shipping. Pay the extra $20 and get it express.

#27 qemist

• 36 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 02:21 AM

Customs are not allowed to delay express parcels or impact on the delivery times the shipping company has promised.

BS or every second express package would be molly, coke or heroin.

Edited by cryonicsculture, 06 August 2014 - 05:50 PM.

#28 proprium

• 16 posts

Posted 04 October 2015 - 05:14 PM

I am currently looking for importing selegiline to Australia. Can some one please tell me a reliable (and fast would also be good) source? You can also send me a private message.

#29 proprium

• 16 posts

Posted 09 October 2015 - 02:14 PM

Can someone please provide me some good sources which send to Australia? Thanks!

#30 Adam Karlovsky

• Guest, Moderator
  • 117 posts

Posted 10 December 2015 - 03:51 AM

I am interested in finding a source for selegiline/deprenyl in AU too, I'd appreciate if someone dropped me a PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users