Skin care

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 freedom40

• 47 posts

Posted 07 November 2007 - 08:55 PM

Hey guys,

I'm looking for a good "anti-aging" skin care product, that is of high quality
and is not filled with nasty chemicals I can't pronounce. Any suggestions?

Thanks! [thumb]

#2 resveratrol

• 340 posts

Posted 07 November 2007 - 09:50 PM

You'll probably want to ask this in the Skin Health forums:

http://www.imminst.o...s=&act=SF&f=274

To answer your question, though, I'm a fan of Rejuvenex, for all the reasons LEF lists, and because it just seems to give me the best results.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for AGELESS LOOKS to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 browser

• Validating/Suspended
  • 319 posts

Posted 07 November 2007 - 10:54 PM

You'll probably want to ask this in the Skin Health forums:

http://www.imminst.o...s=&act=SF&f=274

To answer your question, though, I'm a fan of Rejuvenex, for all the reasons LEF lists, and because it just seems to give me the best results.

We are not supposed to mention products or providers. However I give Rejuvenex out to ladies for Christmas and they are very pleased. I've used it myself to undo some of the damage walking around outside near the Equator even with sunscreen slathered on. However I mix MSM and RNA into the stuff to add a bit more power to it.

#4 freedom40

• Topic Starter
  • 47 posts

Posted 08 November 2007 - 12:07 AM

Thanks guys!

#5 zoolander

• 4,724 posts

Posted 08 November 2007 - 12:43 AM

Rejuvenex looks really good however it's a tad expensive for me. I've heard that it contains Aloe vera as well which is very reactive with sunlight

Toxicol Lett. 2007 Jan 30;168(2):165-75. Epub 2006 Dec 6.

Photo-irradiation of Aloe vera by UVA--formation of free radicals, singlet oxygen, superoxide, and induction of lipid peroxidation.
    Xia Q, Yin JJ, Fu PP, Boudreau MD.

National Center for Toxicological Research, U.S. Food and Drug Administration, Jefferson, AR 72079, USA.

Aloe vera whole leaf extracts are incorporated into a wide variety of topically applied commercial products. Aloe vera whole leaf extracts may contain anthraquinones, which have been shown to generate reactive oxygen species in the presence of ultraviolet A (UVA) light. Exposure to UVA light alone can also generate reactive oxygen species and is associated with photo-damaged and photo-aged skin in humans. This paper examines the photochemical properties of two Aloe vera whole leaf extracts that differed in their anthraquinone content. In the presence of methyl linoleate, the UVA irradiation of Aloe vera leaf extracts induced lipid peroxidation. The amounts of lipid peroxides formed were higher in the Aloe vera leaf extract that contained lower amounts of anthraquinones. Superoxide dismutase and sodium azide inhibited and deuterium oxide enhanced the formation of lipid peroxides, suggesting that singlet oxygen and superoxide were involved in the mechanism. Spin trapping electron spin resonance (ESR) spectroscopy was used to investigate the generation of free radicals by the UVA photo-irradiated Aloe vera plant extracts. ESR measurements indicated that the UVA photo-irradiation of Aloe vera plant extracts produced carbon-centered free radicals. These results suggest that humans exposed to products that contain Aloe vera whole leaf extracts may have enhanced sensitivity to ultraviolet light.

PMID: 17197137 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

I would not use it if you are going out in the sun

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users