Photo
- - - - -

Colostrinin

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 unbreakable

• 313 posts

Posted 11 January 2008 - 11:52 PM

What do you think about this (relatively unknown) substance?

#2 Jacovis

• 247 posts

Posted 19 January 2008 - 01:19 AM

Colostrinin is now available in the US under the Metagenics Brand as 'CongniSure'. Here are some independent looking reviews I found from a web search (the first three coming from the same person, a seller of the product, though I think)...

http://www.alzheimer...f46e87e80f77266
ROSIE123 (November 24, 2007):
"...Hi

I have been taking Colostrinin since July, and i have just received my order of Cognisure from the states, using spinelife. Weblink above

Although i don't have AD, just forgetfullness I have noticed that it has improved my concentration, and I no longer need caffine to keep awake at work! As my concentration has improved, I remember where I put things in the first place.

The Cognisure version is in chocolate, and doesn't need water to take. It is actually nice to take.

On the back, it has a little discription about the product:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"CogniSure Provides a clinically resarched, proline rich poloypetide complex that supports health brain agining and healthy mental function. Cell reseach has shown that Cognisure's proline-rich polypeptide complex can maintain the integrity of beta-amyloid by modifying its metabolism. In animal and cell research, the active ingredient in CogniSure has provided antioxident activity against many potentially damaging free radicals and increased the average lifespan"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

It is in my opinion probably the best tested nutraceutical for improving cognition. There is a lot more evidence than for Ginko for example.

Colostrinin/Cognisure is an element of Colostrum (it is the Proline Rich Polypeptide) and is specificaly for Memory improvement.

Colostrum on its own has not been proven to improve memeory, however it is still an excellent product. i have been aking it for 4 years, and it helps with cold & flu prevention, and with curing sore throats.

All the best,"

http://209.85.173.10...Q...;cd=2&gl=au

MCGRAW (November 23, 2007):
"Cognisure has landed
.....through my door....

Just to let you know that my CogniSure arrived today from the States.

It comes in a very smart looking Metagenics box, with "Cognisure .. Support for Healthy Brain again and Cognition" on the front. It is pakaged in a similar way to what you would expect to get prescription pills in. They come in a popper pack, and it does taste quite nice in chocolate. Similar to an M&M i guess, without the crispy shell.

On the back, it has a little discription about the product:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"CogniSure Provides a clinically resarched, proline rich poloypetide complex that supports health brain agining and healthy mental function. Cell reseach has shown that Cognisure's proline-rich polypeptide complex can maintain the integrity of beta-amyloid by modifying its metabolism. In animal and cell research, the active ingredient in CogniSure has provided antioxident activity against many potentially damaging free radicals and increased the average lifespan"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have said many times before that Colostrinin/Cognisure is probably one of the most tested nutraceuticals, if not THE most tested on the market place, however, even i am impressed with what they can claim on the box.

The "free radicals" they talk about is of course "Oxidative Stress" which I have posted a lot of reseach on about 4 years ago , on Ample/iii, and its involvement in AD and othe major diseases.

Much more impressive than the Aussie Colostrinin, which is very similar to how Colostrum is sold. However, i am sure that will still sell well too.

Ginko can't make those kinds of clims, and it sells $1billion usd a year. I am not saying CLN will reach that level anytime soon, but if it doesn't get at least 10% of that market, then there is no justice in the world.

all imho , kind regards mcgraw"

MCGRAW (November 24, 2007):
"Hi LH

Yes, [I have been taking Colostrinin] since July now. I can definately say it has improved my concentration in general. I used to be a coffee 'freak', as is the rest of the office at work. However i have had no caffine in the last 3 months bar about 2 cups whilst out. Coffe at home is now caffine free. And yet my concentration is still high, despite the increased hours at work recently. Beacuse you are concentrating more when you put down your keys, for example, you stand a better chance of remembering where you put them!

It does help with mood too, I find. Cetain little things that used to wind me up like bad drivers and frustrating computers doesn't seem to bother me any more! Try it LH, and you wont be botherd by annoying posters any more!

Just to mention also, I used to take Colostrum every day. I have now cut this down to as and when i need to for cold prevention. Colds have been kept at bay. There has only been once where I have felt a sore throat comming on, and i have 'gargled' a colostrum tablet to clear it.

So although I am spending on CLN, I am saving on Colostrum.

Regarding the dosage, it says on the box "Chew one tablet, allow one to dissolve in the mouth, and swallow. Take every other day for three weeks, discontinue for two weeks; repeat this dosage cycle."

I would guess that this is the optiumum dosage from the human trials that were completed in Poland. This does make cln seem better value, as a 30 pack should last for over 2 months.

Kind regards McGraw"

http://alzheimers.in...61/m/4571019662
Jennifer Manning (December 11, 2007):
"Hi my name is Jennifer,

I just wanted to let others know how Colostrinin has benefited my mothers health. She has been suffering from early stages of AD for about 12 months which has really concerned the family. 5 months ago a friend connected me with a practitioner of Nutrition in Australia who not only has incredibly knowledgeable about AD but would seemed to be at the forefront of prescribing Colostrinin to his patients and clients.

For the last few months it would seem that my mothers memory and response to the environment around her has improved slightly which has been a relief to the family. We hope that the benefits are long term. I just wanted to thank Jeffrey for his ongoing help and wanted to let others know about him. I'm sure he won't mind me passing on his contact details which I have provided below.

Regards Jennifer

Email: shaman@tpg.com.au
Web: www.quantumevolution.com.au"

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Jacovis

• 247 posts

Posted 10 February 2008 - 05:33 AM

A recent 'review' of Cognisure I found is pasted in below. Note sarah05 noticed good effects with regard to reduced stressed levels rather than 'nootropic' effects...

http://www.precomani.../#review_432347

5/5 stars
Marvellous Cognisure
Pontos Fortes: Stave off Alzheimer’s and dementia. Also has several other benefits.
Pontos Fracos: None noticed
Resumo: (Edited February 01st by sarah05) "I originally bought Cognisure to help prevent the onset of Alzheimer’s and dementia. With this in mind its difficult to measure the effectiveness, all that I can say is that so far I have none of the symptoms.
What I can say is that since taking this my stress levels have dropped dramatically, I’ve even given up smoking after 30 years and I’m convinced Cognisure as helped me with this. Also I’ve not had a cold or any virus like-infections. To date I've not noticed any negative side-effects."

#4 Jacovis

• 247 posts

Posted 01 March 2008 - 01:17 AM

Another 'review' I found saying Cognisure reduces stress and this time also increases alertness...

http://reviews.price...nts/m/59073223/
5/5 stars
Cognisure
Strengths: Helps keep dementia at bay. It has great side-effects
Weaknesses: Helps keep dementia at bay. Difficult to measure after only 3 months.
Brenes (February 11, 2008):
"Summary: Helps keep dementia at bay. Difficult to measure after only 3 months but it has great side-effects. Stress levels have decreased a LOT; things that once irritated me no longer do so. My overall alertness has improved. What coffee once did has now been replaced by Cognisure. It’s easy to take and has a nice chocolate taste. It may boost the immune system because I haven’t had any colds, or viral infections since taking this."

#5 Jacovis

• 247 posts

Posted 01 March 2008 - 01:19 AM

http://www.regenther...dex.jsp?ref=206

Announcements
Colostrinin™ Study Results

11/02/2008

ReGen Therapeutics Plc ('ReGen'or the 'Company') announces that its product Colostrinin™, which is currently marketed in the USA and Australia under the brand name CogniSure™, a nutritional supplement to 'support healthy brain aging and cognition in humans'* has recently been shown to be beneficial and well-tolerated in aging pet cats and dogs with signs of senility and/or cognitive dysfunction.

Open pilot studies, conducted by Cinque Ports Veterinary Associates, Hawkhurst, Kent, UK involved the daily dosing of aged cats and dogs with Colostrinin™ powder sprinkled into their food or drink.

To be eligible for the study, subject animals displayed acknowledged clinical signs of senility and/or cognitive dysfunction. Eighteen cats and twenty-two dogs, each resident in their normal domestic environment, received a daily dose of Colostrinin™ for four months. The clinical condition of each animal was assessed by a veterinary surgeon and the owner completed a questionnaire about aspects of the animal's behaviour at monthly intervals. Results were compared to individual base-line assessments, prior to treatment.

Summarising the study findings Nicholas Mills, Principal Investigator to the study said 'These results clearly show that Colostrinin™ can significantly reduce the symptoms of cognitive dysfunction in aged cats and dogs. That Colostrinin™ was effective was reinforced by the fact that when animals were assessed one month after completion of the study, and having had no Colostrinin™ for one month, most animals showed a worsened condition'.

The study showed Colostrinin™ to be well tolerated. With regard to specific benefits, a number of owners noted improvements in symptoms related to disorientation, sleep and grooming. A significant proportion of owners reported an increase in appetite, water consumption and an improvement in coat condition.

Percy Lomax, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of ReGen said 'These results show a potential benefit for aging cats and dogs and we are entering into discussions with potential licensees. The full results are being written up with a view to publication in a peer-eviewed veterinary journal'.

* Colostrinin™ for use as a human nutraceutical is licensed in North America and Australasia to Metagenics Inc. of San Clemente, California (www.Metagenics.com). Discussions are ongoing with potential distributors in other regions of the world.

Notes for Editors:

Cognitive dysfunction in cats and dogs:

The increasing awareness of Alzheimer's disease and senile dementia in humans has in recent years resulted in the owners of companion animals being more aware of their animals suffering from similar cognitive dysfunction. This has probably been aided by advances in veterinary medicine resulting in a greater number of healthy animals and an increased life expectancy both of which will have helped increase the number of animals showing symptoms of cognitive dysfunction (Gunn-Moore et al. 2006).

Dogs have been known to suffer from cognitive dysfunction for some time and have become an accepted model for the study of related conditions in humans (e.g. Cummings et al. 1996 & Studzinski et al. 2006). It is only relatively recently that cats have been suggested to suffer from a condition akin to Alzheimer's disease (Gunn-Moore et al. 2006), characterised by ss-amyloid and AT8 immunoreactive phosphoryated tau deposits.

Figures for the prevalence of age related behavioural problems suggest that 28% of dogs aged 11-12 show at least one symptom. This rises to 65% in the 12-16 years age group (Neilson et al. 2001). The situation would appear to be similar in cats where 28% of animals aged 11-14 show at least one symptom; rising to more than 50% of cats aged 15 years or more (Gunn-Moore et al. 2006).

Whilst some drugs have been useful in the treatment of dementia related symptoms caused by a decrease in blood supply to the brain, there is no treatment currently available to deal directly with Alzheimer-like pathologies in companion animals.

For further information:

Percy Lomax
ReGen Therapeutics Plc
Tel No 7153 4920

Roland Cornish/Felicity Geidt
Beaumont Cornish Limited
Tel No 020 7628 3396

#6 brotherx

• 313 posts

Posted 01 March 2008 - 03:00 PM

Hi Visionary,

that was also my first impression - the experience reports come from the same source.

Let's see what Pubmed have to say:

"Proline-rich polypeptides in Alzheimer's disease and neurodegenerative disorders -- therapeutic potential or a mirage?
Gladkevich A, Bosker F, Korf J, Yenkoyan K, Vahradyan H, Aghajanov M.

Department of Psychiatry, University Medical Centre Groningen, University Groningen, The Netherlands. a.v.gladkevich@psy.umcg.nl

The development of effective and safe drugs for a growing Alzheimer disease population is an increasing need at present. Both experimental and clinical evidence support a beneficial effect of proline-rich polypeptides in a number of neurodegenerative diseases, including Alzheimer disease. Experimental data have shown that proline-rich polypeptides isolated from bovine neurohypophisis possess neuroprotective and neuromodulatory properties in mice with aluminum neurotoxicosis or neuronal damage caused by venoms and toxins. Proline-rich polypeptides from ovine colostrums, so called Colostrinin, have been shown to produce cognitive improvement in an experimental model and in patients with Alzheimer disease. However, the precise mechanism underlying the neuroprotective action of proline-rich polypeptides is not very well established. Moreover, studies pointing at a neuroprotective effect of proline-rich polypeptides from bovine neurohypophisis in humans have not been reported thus far. The authors conclude that more detailed information on the mode of action of proline-rich polypeptides is needed as well as confirmation of their efficacy in broad clinical trials before this approach can really show its potential in the treatment of neurodegenerative disorders."

"Colostrinin delays the onset of proliferative senescence of diploid murine fibroblast cells.
Bacsi A, Woodberry M, Kruzel ML, Boldogh I.

Department of Microbiology and Immunology, University of Texas Medical Branch, 3.170 Medical Research Building, 301 University Blvd, Galveston, TX 77555, USA.

Colostrinin (CLN), a uniform mixture of low-molecular weight, proline-rich polypeptides, induces neurite outgrowth of pheochromocytoma cells and inhibits beta amyloid-induced apoptosis. Moreover, its administration to patients with Alzheimer's disease resulted in improved cognitive functions. In this study, we investigated the impact of CLN on the lifespan of murine diploid fibroblast cells (MDF), an in vitro model for cellular aging. Here, we show that CLN significantly decelerates the senescence of cultured MDF and increases their population doubling levels. This action of CLN is associated with a decrease in the intracellular levels of reactive oxygen species, which may be due to senescence-associated mitochondrial dysfunction. These data suggest that CLN may delay the development of cellular aging at the level of the organism. Thus, CLN may be used in the prevention and/or therapy of diseases associated with aging processes." - 2007

"1: Adv Exp Med Biol. 2008;606:241-50.Links
A proline-rich polypeptide from ovine colostrum: colostrinin with immunomodulatory activity.
Zimecki M.

Institute of Immunology and Experimental Therapy, Wroclaw, Poland. zimecki@iitd.pan.wroc.pl

A proline-rich polypeptide (PRP), later called colostrinin (CLN), was originally found as a fraction accompanying sheep colostral immunoglobulins. Extensive in vitro and in vivo studies in mice revealed its interesting T cell-tropic activities. The polypeptide promoted T cell maturation from early thymic precursors that acquired the phenotype and function of mature, helper cells; on the other hand, it also affected the phenotype and function of mature T cells. In particular, PRP was shown to recruit suppressor T cells in a model of T cell-independent humoral immune response and suppressed autoimmune hemolytic anemia in New Zealand Black mice. Subsequent in vitro studies in the human model revealed that CLN regulated mitogen-induced cytokine production in whole blood cultures. A discovery that CLN promoted procognitive functions in experimental animal models, supported by other laboratory findings, indicating prevention of pathological processes in the central nervous system, led to application of CLN in multicenter clinical trials. The trials demonstrated the therapeutic benefit of CLN in Alzheimer's disease (AD) patients by delaying progress of the disease.

PMID: 18183932 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]"

": Med Sci Monit. 2002 Oct;8(10):PI93-6.Click here to read Links
Colostrinin proline-rich polypeptide complex from ovine colostrum--a long-term study of its efficacy in Alzheimer's disease.
Leszek J, Inglot AD, Janusz M, Byczkiewicz F, Kiejna A, Georgiades J, Lisowski J.

Department of Psychiatry, Medical University of Wrocław, Wrocław, Poland. jleszek@psych.am.wroc.pl

BACKGROUND: Colostrinin, a proline-rich polypeptide complex (PRP) isolated from ovine colostrum, with immunoregulatory and procognitive properties, has shown positive effects in the treatment of Alzheimer's disease (AD). The aim of the present study was to evaluate the effects of long-term Colostrinin treatment of AD patients. MATERIAL/METHODS: The patients were taking Colostrinin tablets (containing 100 mg of PRP complex) every other day for three weeks, followed by a 2-week hiatus to avoid the development of hyporeactivity. This mode of application, '3+2 weeks,' was used consistently throughout the trial. The efficacy of treatment was assessed by the MMSE scale, and each patient was evaluated at 4-month intervals. 33 patients were treated for 16 months. However, 13 patients from this group had already been treated with Colostrinin for 12 months during placebo-controlled studies, and thus participated in the trial for a total of 28 months. RESULTS: The results we obtained showed that Colostrinin induced slight but statistically significant improvement or stabilization of the health status of the patients in the trial. The adverse reactions observed, if any, were remarkably mild, including anxiety, logorrhea, and insomnia, and subsided spontaneously within a short period of time (3-4 days). CONCLUSIONS: Colostrinin is a very promising preparation which can be used to retard the development of AD.

PMID: 12388930 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]"

Best regards

Alex

Announcements
Colostrinin™ Study Results

11/02/2008

ReGen Therapeutics Plc ('ReGen'or the 'Company') announces that its product Colostrinin™, which is currently marketed in the USA and Australia under the brand name CogniSure™, a nutritional supplement to 'support healthy brain aging and cognition in humans'* has recently been shown to be beneficial and well-tolerated in aging pet cats and dogs with signs of senility and/or cognitive dysfunction.

Open pilot studies, conducted by Cinque Ports Veterinary Associates, Hawkhurst, Kent, UK involved the daily dosing of aged cats and dogs with Colostrinin™ powder sprinkled into their food or drink.

To be eligible for the study, subject animals displayed acknowledged clinical signs of senility and/or cognitive dysfunction. Eighteen cats and twenty-two dogs, each resident in their normal domestic environment, received a daily dose of Colostrinin™ for four months. The clinical condition of each animal was assessed by a veterinary surgeon and the owner completed a questionnaire about aspects of the animal's behaviour at monthly intervals. Results were compared to individual base-line assessments, prior to treatment.

Summarising the study findings Nicholas Mills, Principal Investigator to the study said 'These results clearly show that Colostrinin™ can significantly reduce the symptoms of cognitive dysfunction in aged cats and dogs. That Colostrinin™ was effective was reinforced by the fact that when animals were assessed one month after completion of the study, and having had no Colostrinin™ for one month, most animals showed a worsened condition'.

The study showed Colostrinin™ to be well tolerated. With regard to specific benefits, a number of owners noted improvements in symptoms related to disorientation, sleep and grooming. A significant proportion of owners reported an increase in appetite, water consumption and an improvement in coat condition.

Percy Lomax, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of ReGen said 'These results show a potential benefit for aging cats and dogs and we are entering into discussions with potential licensees. The full results are being written up with a view to publication in a peer-eviewed veterinary journal'.

* Colostrinin™ for use as a human nutraceutical is licensed in North America and Australasia to Metagenics Inc. of San Clemente, California (www.Metagenics.com). Discussions are ongoing with potential distributors in other regions of the world.

Notes for Editors:

Cognitive dysfunction in cats and dogs:

The increasing awareness of Alzheimer's disease and senile dementia in humans has in recent years resulted in the owners of companion animals being more aware of their animals suffering from similar cognitive dysfunction. This has probably been aided by advances in veterinary medicine resulting in a greater number of healthy animals and an increased life expectancy both of which will have helped increase the number of animals showing symptoms of cognitive dysfunction (Gunn-Moore et al. 2006).

Dogs have been known to suffer from cognitive dysfunction for some time and have become an accepted model for the study of related conditions in humans (e.g. Cummings et al. 1996 & Studzinski et al. 2006). It is only relatively recently that cats have been suggested to suffer from a condition akin to Alzheimer's disease (Gunn-Moore et al. 2006), characterised by ss-amyloid and AT8 immunoreactive phosphoryated tau deposits.

Figures for the prevalence of age related behavioural problems suggest that 28% of dogs aged 11-12 show at least one symptom. This rises to 65% in the 12-16 years age group (Neilson et al. 2001). The situation would appear to be similar in cats where 28% of animals aged 11-14 show at least one symptom; rising to more than 50% of cats aged 15 years or more (Gunn-Moore et al. 2006).

Whilst some drugs have been useful in the treatment of dementia related symptoms caused by a decrease in blood supply to the brain, there is no treatment currently available to deal directly with Alzheimer-like pathologies in companion animals.

For further information:

Percy Lomax
ReGen Therapeutics Plc
Tel No 7153 4920

Roland Cornish/Felicity Geidt
Beaumont Cornish Limited
Tel No 020 7628 3396

#7 Jacovis

• 247 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 10:54 AM

Some more recent reports on Cognisure/Colostrinin are pasted in below. The exciting thing for me is that there seem to be at least some benefits for people with 'normal' cognitive functioning such as improved concentration, alertness, calmness, and immunity...

http://www.alzheimer...19b753dbb50c097

Hez (April 9, 2008):
“Hi All

I’ve been taking Colostrinin for 8 months and so thought that some of you might be interested in what the effects have been.
The most obvious to me is that my memory has had a marked improvement. I normally have to write down messages, especially telephone numbers, but not anymore. I can even remember addresses. Now this might not be a big deal to some, but to me this is a massive improvement, and a huge boost to my self esteem. Another thing, whilst having a conversation I sometimes have to pause while I try to recall the words that I want to use, this is no longer the case, I feel quite sharp now.

I am convinced that this is because of the Colostrinin.

Interesting side effects. Since taking this I have not had a single Cold or Flu, not even a sniff. I am given to understand that Colostrinin can boost the immune system. In addition I am a lot calmer, my stress levels have significantly decreased.

As for the ultimate question, does it prevent Alzheimer’s? That’s always going to be difficult to asses. If in the future I am fortunate not to suffer from it how will I be able to state that it was because of Colostrinin, when I may not have suffered if I hadn’t taken it? All that I can say is that, to my delight, my memory has definitely improved.

I hope that this helps, and if anybody has any questions that you think I might be able to help you with then please just ask.”

Thefordprefect (April 9, 2008):
“Sorry posted this on new thread accidentally.
Hi,
There seems to be 2 sources of colostrinin (both manufactured from the same source) One is cognisure (chocolate tablets - USA) and the other is colostrinin (powder in capsules - Australia).

Cognisure suggests every other day regime and colostrinin is 1 per day. Both contain the same quantity of colostrinin 100mcg. So it is a bit strange!

It has been suggested that increasing the dose does no make it more effective.

I have taken the colostrinin since it came out - I have not noticed much change to memory but then I had no great problem (or did I?!!!) But as others have reported I have noticed fewer colds and possibly more calm. There is also a new report out suggesting it helps with dustmite allegy. So if it is to be believed its a super-stuff!

Here is a link to a report of the original polish trial plus some others:

http://surfer.iitd.p...Text/47z608.pdf
allergy:
http://www.regenther...dex.jsp?ref=213
cats and dogs!!!
lots of technical articles
http://www.ncbi.nlm....erm=colostrinin

A questioning article (no 3 in above search):
Proline-rich polypeptides in Alzheimer's disease and neurodegenerative disorders -- therapeutic potential or a mirage?

Mike”

Hez (April 10, 2008):
“Hi

I originally took Colostrinin which the dosage was one per day. I have since started using Cognisure, which, as you say, is every other day. I will admit that I occasionally took Cognisure sometimes twice in two days, on the odd accession 3 times in three days. I can’t say that it had any negative effects. For about 3 years I took Colostrum at the first sign of a Cold/Flu, or if I felt that I was run-down and needed to boost the immune system. Marilyn, like your Mum, at the start of taking Colostrum I would occasionally suffer from sleepless nights. It was one of the reasons why I don’t take it permanently. I have had no similar effects since taking Colostrinin/Cognisure. In fact I have had more good nights sleep than I have ever had.

I have a cousin who has also been taking Colostrinin, for about 7 months. He’s in his early 60’s and is well known for having an atrocious memory. He says that it hasn’t had any effect at all, but those of us that know him couldn’t disagree more. The fact that he remembers to take them every other day is a massive improvement. He even goes shopping with a small list of items, where before he had to have everything written down for him. Up to recently, we would pop round for a cuppa, we would often ask for a cup of coffee and just get a cup of water with sugar, the water would not even boiled! Now, we get what we ask for.

The improvements in my cousin give me enough hope that Colostrinin can have I similar effect on me.

Hope that this helps, and my best wishes to you.”

DeborahCL (April 10, 2008):
“I would just like to add to what’s already been said.

In the case of my Mom, I agree that it is good for the memory, and that it is good for the stress levels. My Mom is nearly 60, her memory fluctuates between average to almost none existent. I have been giving her Colostrinin for 2 months, and then the last 4 months spent on Cognisure. The Cognisure is being taken 1 a day for 2 days then a break of 1 day. The 2 week gap is brought down to one week. No adverse effects have been noticed, only good things.

The change is exciting, for the first time in 6 years she remembered my Dads birthday. We went shopping together for a gift, she then started telling me some of the things that she had bought him over the years. I couldn’t stop crying! Since taking Cognisure, she is very calm. Every so often she would have these terrible tantrums, but these have all-but disappeared. I think that it maybe because the frustration caused by being forgetful brought the moods on, and now that her memory has improved, well, the moods have abated.

I too take Cognisure, but I think that my cognitive state is very good so I can’t honestly say that they have made any difference for me. I will say that since taking Cognisure I have almost stopped drinking coffee, and that my concentration and state of alertness have improved a lot.

I hope that this helps.”

#8 Jacovis

• 247 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 10:58 AM

1: Int Arch Allergy Immunol. 2008 Mar 26;146(4):298-306. [Epub ahead of print]

Colostrinin Decreases Hypersensitivity and Allergic Responses to Common Allergens.
Boldogh I, Aguilera-Aguirre L, Bacsi A, Choudhury BK, Saavedra-Molina A, Kruzel M.
Departments of Microbiology and Immunology, University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, Tex., USA.

Background: Colostrinintrade mark (CLN), isolated from mothers' pre-milk fluid (colostrum), is a uniform mixture of low-molecular-weight, proline-rich polypeptides. CLN induces neurite outgrowth of pheochromocytoma cells, extends the lifespan of diploid fibroblast cells, inhibits beta-amyloid-induced apoptosis and improves cognitive functions when administered to Alzheimer's disease patients. Objective: The aim of this study was to investigate potential allergic responses to CLN and its impact on allergic sensitization and inflammation caused by common allergens. Methods: We used a well-characterized mouse model of allergic airway inflammation. Changes in IgE/IgG1 and mucin levels, airway eosinophilia and hyperreactivity to methacholine were determined by ELISA, differential cell counting and whole-body plethysmography, respectively. Results: CLN did not increase IgE/IgG1 levels or induce cutaneous hypersensitivity reaction, airway inflammation and mucin production. Importantly, CLN significantly (p < 0.001) decreased IgE/IgG1 production, airway eosinophilia, mucin production and hypersensitivity induced by allergenic extracts from ragweed pollen grains and house dust mites. Conclusion: CLN itself is non-allergenic; however, it is effective in preventing allergic responses to known indoor and outdoor allergens. These data support the safe application of CLN and its potential use in the prevention of allergic inflammation in humans. Copyright © 2008 S. Karger AG, Basel.

PMID: 18367843 [PubMed - as supplied by publisher]

#9 Jacovis

• 247 posts

Posted 29 May 2008 - 09:49 PM

http://www.est1892.c...ead.php?t=50226
redlancer (April 24, 2008):
"not sure if it will be any good for you but there's a product called Cognisure in America- I came across this re Altzimers etc re me gran and got some as me mum was worried going the same way - as this also has interesting side effects re the brain i thought i'd give it a go - feel so at ease with the world - used to suffer from anexiety due to taking hash etc but that's all gone and even my hair is getting thicker - this drug is basically the 1st milk - now its antioxide etc and so help cognitivity in the brain - not sure if it would help OCD? anyway DYOR and you never know it might be something that could help.

As for SJW have taken this also re my past and drugs and it does seem to help but it can take 2 months i think to kick in."

#10 Lufega

• 1,810 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 August 2010 - 10:25 PM

Proline, as a free amino acid can help prevent polymer aggregates in protein misfolding diseases like AD and PD. Could this be a potential mechanism ??

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#11 bobbyboy

• 1 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 10:18 AM

I have been taking colostrinin for 4 months. I obtain my supply from the UK under the brand name MemoryAid.

I am impressed by the results so far. In fact I'm so impressed I've become a shareholder in the company that produces the substance, I mention this from the point of view of being honest with those who read this.

My background. I am 61 in a few days time. My mother suffered from Alzheimer's disease and it's an awful condition. I started to be a little forgetful some years ago and was becoming quite worried and I came across this company a few years ago. When the tablets became available in the UK I started to take them, I'm English but live in Prague. The cost is £15 per month.

This is what I've found.

At first I experienced a very runny nose, this lasted for about 3 - 4 weeks. I'm also a mild hayfever sufferer and have not suffered since taking this.

My memory does seem to have improved, I'm less forgetful, that's not to say I don't forget to do things, I most definitely do, but things like doing shopping where I would always forget something has improved. I rarely leave things at home when I go out. This was always very annoying. I feel more confident and less stressed and my mood is generally better.

Someone else said that their hair had thickened, I agree, so has mine, it's not cured the bald patch but yes, it is thicker.

I also suffered from a repeating abscess in my mouth. I've had treatment over several years with root surgery and antibiotics etc. Since taking this it is much better. It has not entirely gone away but I have not had a flare up of the condition since taking colostrinin. So I am more than happy with that and I think it has boosted my immune system.

A few friends suffered from a bad cold recently and I did not catch it. I've read accounts where people believe that they no longer catch colds because of taking colostrinin. I will have to see whether I catch anything over the coming winter!

I will continue to take colostrinin. I hope this is helpful to anyone who reads this.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users