Photo
- - - - -

nasolabial fold - How to prevent?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 testxtest

• 38 posts

Posted 16 February 2008 - 10:27 PM

I recently developed nasolabial folds. Does anyone know how to prevent them from developing further?

I'm also using retin-a. Does anyone know what cream I should use with it? (During the day)

#2 donjoe

• 153 posts

Posted 17 February 2008 - 08:09 AM

I'm also using retin-a. Does anyone know what cream I should use with it? (During the day)

Answered in the Retin-A thread. (This is me keeping things neat. ;))

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for AGELESS LOOKS to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Eva Victoria

• 887 posts

Posted 17 February 2008 - 10:28 AM

Nasolabial folds are usually of genetic consequence :( It is also greatly influenced by gravity. What you can do beside using Retin-A and a sunscreen daily, is to have collagen/ hylauronic acid injected into them. They`ll make them less visible, smoother and the face more lifted. They can last up to a 1 year. It should be administered by a practiced dermatologist!

#4 caston

• 2,141 posts

Posted 17 February 2008 - 05:38 PM

Nasolabial folds are usually of genetic consequence :( It is also greatly influenced by gravity. What you can do beside using Retin-A and a sunscreen daily, is to have collagen/ hylauronic acid injected into them. They`ll make them less visible, smoother and the face more lifted. They can last up to a 1 year. It should be administered by a practiced dermatologist!

Would it by any chance have anything to do with the structural integrity of facial bones? Supplementing with D3 for bone health could perhaps help prevent such folds?

#5 Eva Victoria

• 887 posts

Posted 17 February 2008 - 06:41 PM

Would it by any chance have anything to do with the structural integrity of facial bones? Supplementing with D3 for bone health could perhaps help prevent such folds?

Not really :( It is mostly genetically determinded. Even if you have good cheek-bones you can still have these folds:( The syringes of hylauronic acid is the best alternative today (see Allergans home page).

#6 testxtest

• Topic Starter
  • 38 posts

Posted 17 February 2008 - 07:32 PM

I searched and found this:
http://www.essential...ad.php?p=340551

They say that you can use "pearl cream" and face exercises. Has anyone tried this?

#7 speda1

• Guest, F@H
  • 40 posts

Posted 17 February 2008 - 07:49 PM

You need a dermal filler like Restylane (hylauronic acid)... not a topical cream.

#8 Eva Victoria

• 887 posts

Posted 17 February 2008 - 08:28 PM

You need a dermal filler like Restylane (hylauronic acid)... not a topical cream.

Indeed ;)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users