Photo
- - - - -

Experience with memantine

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 jackinbox

• 452 posts

Posted 21 February 2008 - 01:30 AM

I tried memantine for the first time last week. The largest dose I used in a single day so far has been 7.5 mg. No positive effect yet. I used it 5 days in a row at 5 mg. About 1 hour after ingestion, I usely experience a kind of headache (pressure around my temples). It lasts only a minute. I experience this issue even when using only 2.5 mg. I decided to rest the experiment because I had to stop using Wellbutrin (I didn't want to risk any interactions) and I really need Wellbutrin. I might try again combined with wellbutrin at a very low dose and see how I do.

#2 dr_chaos

• 143 posts

Posted 21 February 2008 - 05:03 AM

nmda antagonists interfere with long term consolidation. so they are no smart drugs. www.learnmem.org/cgi/reprint/8/1/20.pdf

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 jackinbox

• Topic Starter
  • 452 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 12:32 AM

nmda antagonists interfere with long term consolidation. so they are no smart drugs. www.learnmem.org/cgi/reprint/8/1/20.pdf

Damn! I didn't know that! I tried it because it is investigated for ADHD and some reports mood improvement on it. I was also interested in preventing tolerance from medications such as dexedrine.

#4 edward

• 1,404 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 06:37 AM

http://www.memantine...tion/animation/

Mode of action for memantine.

Looks very effective (as a nootropic) only if you have Alzheimer's or a lot of beta amyloid plaque built up.

Edited by edward, 22 February 2008 - 07:02 AM.

#5 medievil

• Guest Guest
  • 3,758 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 02:47 PM

Looks very effective (as a nootropic) only if you have Alzheimer's or a lot of beta amyloid plaque built up.

memantine looks very interesting, if only i could afford it..

if your looking to prevent tolerane to certain drugs there is some succes with DXM

#6 jackinbox

• Topic Starter
  • 452 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 06:08 PM

memantine looks very interesting, if only i could afford it..

if your looking to prevent tolerane to certain drugs there is some succes with DXM

I ordered memantine from drugdelivery.ca. The pharmacy I ordered from is located in India. The price is much lower then what others pharmacy offer. Since the side effects match what people report, it look genuine.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#7 graatch

• 390 posts

Posted 25 February 2008 - 04:09 AM

There are abstracts with memantine IMPROVING memory as well. Surely very dose-dependent and dependent on the individual. There's no quesiton that high-dose NMDA antagonism seriously impairs memory (as anyone who has taken ketamine or DXM recreationally can tell you), but buffering CA++ at lower degrees may be helpful in many ways.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users