Photo
- - - - -

combination skin creams

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 orangish

• 264 posts

Posted 21 March 2008 - 10:03 PM

Navigating information on skim creams (for combination skin) out there is getting a bit overwhelming as they all have different collections of so many ingredients--much more difficult than finding a multivitamin

I was hoping someone could recommend sources or creams that would inform about/address the following:
For combination skin:
acne prevention
acne elimination once breakouts occur
keeping my skin young and wrinkle free

Most information I've read says that a skin system includes a toner, moisturizer, cleanser and mask. Is it possible to get creams to perform multi-functions.

I am only 22, but I worry a lot and my skin isn't really in the shape that it's been in before, so the worry-cream is really a crucial component of my skin care.

#2 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 22 March 2008 - 02:26 AM

For combination skin:
acne prevention
acne elimination once breakouts occur
keeping my skin young and wrinkle free

Good sunscreen is job number one, if you want to keep your skin young and wrinkle free. There's a lot of sunscreen discussion in this forum.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for AGELESS LOOKS to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 orangish

• Topic Starter
  • 264 posts

Posted 22 March 2008 - 02:16 PM

Thoughts? About the acne/daily treatment? If I posted sample creams, could people offer reviews?

#4 tintinet

• 1,972 posts

Posted 22 March 2008 - 07:04 PM

Thoughts? About the acne/daily treatment? If I posted sample creams, could people offer reviews?

Neutrogena makes a nice acne-wrinkle cream with salisylic acid and retinol. I've used it and like it.

#5 orangish

• Topic Starter
  • 264 posts

Posted 05 April 2008 - 09:52 PM

I'm 22 with wrinkles on my forehead (I'm a worrier). Is it too late to anti-age myself and keep my skin looking young? What do I do asides from sunscreen? And what sunscreen can I buy in the US that's adequate since buying foreign is an extravagance I probably cannot afford?

Even by posting this, I'm probably gaining a few wrinkles in the worrying process. Sigh.

#6 donjoe

• 153 posts

Posted 06 April 2008 - 10:33 AM

I'm 22 with wrinkles on my forehead (I'm a worrier). Is it too late to anti-age myself and keep my skin looking young?

No. (Although I tend to doubt that those are really wrinkles - you should check if they're visible when you completely relax your face.)

What do I do asides from sunscreen?

Apply a retinoid in the evening, like Tazorac or Retin-A (see the threads about it in this forum) if you know you don't have eczema on your face/neck/hands (where you want to apply).
Apply something with copper peptides, like Juvess (see banner at the top of this page), and take care not to overdo it.
Make sure you get an adequate daily dose of zinc. (You can first research the foods you eat for zinc content here and then decide whether you need a zinc supplement or not.)

And what sunscreen can I buy in the US that's adequate

Your best bet would probably be something with Mexoryl SX a.k.a. Terephthalylidene dicamphor sulfonic acid a.k.a. TDSA a.k.a. Ecamsule, and that's going to be a L'Oréal product because this filter is their creation.

- After all, Number One, we're only mortal.
- Speak for yourself, sir. I plan to live forever.

#7 ajnast4r

• Guest, F@H
  • 3,925 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 April 2008 - 01:37 PM

i would check out la roche possay products... and stay away from the cheap drugstore brands

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users