- - - - -

Pyritinol

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 nancy_axel

• 175 posts

Posted 26 July 2008 - 02:00 AM

Hey Guys,
Kind of worried about trying this with pram, phenyl, alcar, huperzine and hydergine. Would Pyritinol add a stimulant effect?

#2 nancy_axel

• Topic Starter
  • 175 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 01:32 AM

Hey Guys,
Kind of worried about trying this with pram, phenyl, alcar, huperzine and hydergine. Would Pyritinol add a stimulant effect?

For the PI-ADD subtype, I highly recommend pyritinol.

Edited by nancy_axel, 01 October 2008 - 01:38 AM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Ben

• 2,010 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 01:58 AM

Hey Guys,

Why? Did it work for you?

#4 nancy_axel

• Topic Starter
  • 175 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 02:30 AM

Hey Guys,

Why? Did it work for you?

That's the implication behind the statement, good work. But for clarity's sake, I've tried it -- and its working.

What is Pyritinol?

Pyritinol is a vitamin-B6 derivative Nootropic that may be the oldest smart drug in the world. Since its development in 1961 (by Merck Laboratories- branded Encefabol?), Pyritinol has been found to have a wide ranging number of affects and benefits including: improving brain glucose uptake, acting with potent antioxidant abilities and enhancing the immune system (by improving neutrophil activity, the white blood cells that kill germs).

Therefore whilst Pyritinol's main approved use is to improve memory, vigilance and concentration, it is also as a beneficial aid because of its antioxidant and immune-enhancing properties.

(source: http://www.biogenesi...i-pyritinol.asp)

#5 Ben

• 2,010 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 02:48 AM

No words.
  • dislike x 1

#6 nancy_axel

• Topic Starter
  • 175 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 12:41 PM

No words.

Hi Ben-Aus, thanks for your comments .. they've once again been enormously useful

#7 brotherx

• 313 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 01:59 PM

Well, Ben's comments are sometimes very concentrated - maybe the .zip way of communication.
If you unzip "no words" - you could get something like this: "the source that you have mentioned is a supplier of nootropics - and therefore might not be the best (most reliable) source of information."

Maybe you can use pubmed/medline or other scientific sources such as sprinkerlink and wiley.

Cheers

Alex

No words.

Hi Ben-Aus, thanks for your comments .. they've once again been enormously useful

Edited by brotherx, 01 October 2008 - 02:00 PM.

#8 nancy_axel

• Topic Starter
  • 175 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 09:42 PM

Well, Ben's comments are sometimes very concentrated - maybe the .zip way of communication.
If you unzip "no words" - you could get something like this: "the source that you have mentioned is a supplier of nootropics - and therefore might not be the best (most reliable) source of information."

Maybe you can use pubmed/medline or other scientific sources such as sprinkerlink and wiley.

Cheers

Alex

No words.

Good point. The truth is, its been working very well for me -- without many of the side effects of adderall for my PI-ADD. There is a nice, mild drive boost too. Don't expect it to be as powerful but its righting some wrong in my neurochemistry.

#9 luv2increase

• 2,529 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 09:59 PM

Cheers

Alex

No words.

Good point. The truth is, its been working very well for me -- without many of the side effects of adderall for my PI-ADD. There is a nice, mild drive boost too. Don't expect it to be as powerful but its righting some wrong in my neurochemistry.

How do you know that it is not the other things that you are taking making you feel like this?

#10 nancy_axel

• Topic Starter
  • 175 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 11:03 PM

Cheers

Alex

No words.

How do you know that it is not the other things that you are taking making you feel like this?

im taking pira, pram and pyritinol. since adding pyritinol .. ive noticed a major difference in concentration enhancement ..

Edited by nancy_axel, 01 October 2008 - 11:11 PM.

#11 luv2increase

• 2,529 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 11:15 PM

im taking pira, pram and pyritinol. since adding pyritinol .. ive noticed a major difference in concentration enhancement ..

How do you know that this isn't a synergistic effect rather than a true effect from the pyritinol?

#12 Conanld

• 40 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 02:49 AM

This is all very interesting. Everybody seems to react differently in some way to all these supplements. I have found pyritinol to have neither a synergistic effect, nor a true effect upon me, no matter what I take with it. I have also taken it in isolation, and it was like I had taken nothing at all. On the other hand, I never let my B-complex levels drop very low, so that might explain my situation.

LD

How do you know that this isn't a synergistic effect rather than a true effect from the pyritinol?

#13 nancy_axel

• Topic Starter
  • 175 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 03:15 AM

This is all very interesting. Everybody seems to react differently in some way to all these supplements. I have found pyritinol to have neither a synergistic effect, nor a true effect upon me, no matter what I take with it. I have also taken it in isolation, and it was like I had taken nothing at all. On the other hand, I never let my B-complex levels drop very low, so that might explain my situation.

LD

I take pyritinol first thing in the morning while studying. Before going to class i take the pira/pram, hours later. i can plow through material on pyritinol.

LD

I take pyritinol first thing in the morning while studying. Before going to class i take the pira/pram, hours later -in the afteroon. i can plow through material on pyritinol.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#14 matthias7

• 117 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 08:22 AM

No words.

Agreed an exceptional post. Hall of fame?

It is an oxymoron though, surely there are words you've just written them

Edited by matthias7, 16 June 2009 - 08:24 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users