You can help THEFIRSTIMMORTAL

• Please log in to reply
258 replies to this topic

#1 Anthony_Loera

• Life Member
  • 3,168 posts

Posted 28 July 2008 - 03:02 PM

Hi everyone,

this is going to be a bit difficult, as I can't mention our company name in this post because of the board's rules, but here goes:
Many folks on this board already purchase our resveratrol on a monthly basis...

To that effect we will be sending 10% of what you already purchase from our company to help the thefirstimmortal.
To help get things going, we will provide a 5% discount on your purchases made at our site for this objective.

The simple fact is that you will automatically help a fellow member by purchasing what you already do, and get a 5% discount on top of it all. Please remember to use the following code at checkout to get 5% off, and allow us to place 10% of your purchase toward help of this lifetime member:

The Code is: "IMMORTAL"

Thank you, and I hope this helps.
Anthony Loera

BTW: if you are wondering what company we are talking about, PM me or missminni. Thank you.

#2 Mind

• Life Member, Director, Moderator, Treasurer
  • 18,997 posts

Posted 28 July 2008 - 06:20 PM

Re: Not mentioning the name of the company.

Anthony is referring to the forum rules against direct or viral marketing. There have been many problems with this in the past so we try to limit the posting of commercial links or obvious commercial messages.

This is a nice effort to help a member - so for newcomers I'll stretch the rules a little. Anthony's company is the one in the banner ad near the top of this page. Many thanks to Anthony for this generous action.

Click HERE to rent this advertising spot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 missminni

• 1,857 posts

Posted 28 July 2008 - 08:22 PM

Hi everyone,

this is going to be a bit difficult, as I can't mention our company name in this post because of the board's rules, but here goes:
Many folks on this board already purchase our resveratrol on a monthly basis...

To that effect we will be sending 10% of what you already purchase from our company to help the thefirstimmortal.
To help get things going, we will provide a 5% discount on your purchases made at our site for this objective.

The simple fact is that you will automatically help a fellow member by purchasing what you already do, and get a 5% discount on top of it all. Please remember to use the following code at checkout to get 5% off, and allow us to place 10% of your purchase toward help of this lifetime member:

The Code is: "IMMORTAL"

Thank you, and I hope this helps.
Anthony Loera

BTW: if you are wondering what company we are talking about, PM me or missminni. Thank you.

Thanks again Anthony. Can you announce this on the other firstimmortal threads....I think there are three others...they are linked in the first post of "thefirstimmortal has 6 months"

they are:
bio and background
http://www.imminst.o...o...=23024&st=0

Prognosis and Medical update
http://www.imminst.o...tal-t23100.html

fighting cancer, conventional and alternative
http://www.imminst.o...o...=23038&st=0

just so everybody knows.

#4 Anthony_Loera

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member
  • 3,168 posts

Posted 28 July 2008 - 09:18 PM

thanks missminni,

I have posted the same message to the forum threads you have mentioned above.

A

#5 Ben

• 2,010 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 01:53 AM

Fantastic initiative. Thanks for helping me help TFI.

#6 Shannon Vyff

• Life Member, Director Lead Moderator
  • 3,897 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 02:16 AM

Wow, this is great! Thank you, can I have permission to change the thread title to: "You can help THEFIRSTIMMORTAL, when you order from us" or "when you place your supplement order with us" ?

#7 missminni

• 1,857 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 02:21 AM

Wow, this is great! Thank you, can I have permission to change the thread title to: "You can help THEFIRSTIMMORTAL, when you order from us" or "when you place your supplement order with us" ?

Hi Shannon
I was wondering if this fact could be conspicuously placed somewhere on the forum....Maybe even on the top by the ads??
we are working on getting a donation button set up with PayPal too.

#8 Anthony_Loera

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member
  • 3,168 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 02:22 AM

Sure, that is fine.

I just ask folks to please, please, please you the code "IMMORTAL" at checkout.

If anyone is on a monthly resveratrol delivery, and also want to contribute, please email me so that I can mark the monthly deliveries from forum members and deliver 10% from them as well.

A

Edited by Anthony_Loera, 29 July 2008 - 02:25 AM.

#9 Anthony_Loera

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member
  • 3,168 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 03:30 AM

Shannon, on second thought.

Can we keep the original title? I fear that if it sounds like spam, people will not click and not consider reading it.

A

#10 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 03:54 AM

Thanks for setting this up, Anthony. Is TFI going to get 10% of the resveratrol we buy, or are you contributing 10% of the profits or purchase price in cash for him to use for other things?

#11 Anthony_Loera

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member
  • 3,168 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 04:10 AM

Thanks for setting this up, Anthony. Is TFI going to get 10% of the resveratrol we buy, or are you contributing 10% of the profits or purchase price in cash for him to use for other things?

He will receive 10% of the purchase price for him to use for other supplements, future resveratrol needs, Cryonics, whatever he considers appropriate.

A

#12 Heliotrope

• 1,145 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 06:22 AM

Anthony is referring to the forum rules against direct or viral marketing. There have been many problems with this in the past so we try to limit the posting of commercial links or obvious commercial messages.

This is a nice effort to help a member - so for newcomers I'll stretch the rules a little. Anthony's company is the one in the banner ad near the top of this page. Many thanks to Anthony for this generous action.

looks like the "big man upstairs" approved your generous effort, indeed i see revgenetics banner there all the time now, a nice reminder link, and like i promised in my PM to you, I'll buy resv. from you to help save firstimmortal, and will use you as sole supplier for my future resv needs

#13 senseix

• 250 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 06:49 AM

looks like the "big man upstairs" approved your generous effort, indeed i see revgenetics banner there all the time now, a nice reminder link, and like i promised in my PM to you, I'll buy resv. from you to help save firstimmortal, and will use you as sole supplier for my future resv needs

I plan on also purchasing my supply of resv from you, would like nothing more than to help save THEFIRSTIMMORTAL.

#14 Prometheus

• 592 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 11:04 AM

Well done!

Thank you Anthony.

#15 Anthony_Loera

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member
  • 3,168 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 08:41 PM

Currently we have $19.48 for TheFirstImmortal:
http://spreadsheets....Xj-p6kiJL0g-nUQ

Having said that, I have had some emails that have bothered me a bit. Some of our customers have Cancer, and when news of this help we were doing for TheFirstImmortal reached them, they were quite upset. One person summed it up to me, as... "When do I get my discount for having Cancer? Why don't you help me?".

I think this is why many companies shy away from 'helping' folks.

Mainly because some people have the idea that if you can't help everybody you are somehow not the company that they want to shop at. I believe that many companies don't choose to help at all, to avoid these outspoken customers.

So what do you do?

Well, we will continue to do our small part to help.
Please remember to use the discount code "Immortal" at our website.

thank you.
A

#16 missminni

• 1,857 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 08:56 PM

Having said that, I have had some emails that have bothered me a bit. Some of our customers have Cancer, and when news of this help we were doing for TheFirstImmortal reached them, they were quite upset. One person summed it up to me, as... "When do I get my discount for having Cancer? Why don't you help me?".

I'm shocked! ;o)

Mainly because some people have the idea that if you can't help everybody you are somehow not the company that they want to shop at. I believe that many companies don't choose to help at all, to avoid these outspoken customers.

So what do you do?

Ignore them?

thank you.
A

I really am shocked. How could they say that? I guess you could respond that you are doing it as a promotional for
awareness that resveratrol effectively treats cancer. That would eliminate the personal element.

#17 jCole

• 211 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 11:02 PM

Someone could also setup a paypal account and just have people donate directly to his cause.

Personally, I'd be more then willing to throw a few bucks his way....

I've done this before when some personal friends of mine have gone through some rough patches in life due to natural disaster, or some unforeseen circumstance & such and it's always worked wonders!

Just an idea...

(I haven't read all the threads regarding THEFIRSTIMMORTAL, so please forgive me if this has already been brought up before.)

Edited by jCole, 04 August 2008 - 11:11 PM.

#18 missminni

• 1,857 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 11:23 PM

Someone could also setup a paypal account and just have people donate to his cause.
I'd be more then willing to throw a few bucks his way.

I've done this before when some personal friends of mine have gone through some rough patches in life due to natural disaster, or some unforeseen circumstance & such and it's always worked wonders!

Just an idea...

(I have read all the threads regarding THEFIRSTIMMORTAL, so please forgive me if this has already been brought up before.)

The Paypal account is difficult to do since TFI doesn't have the necessary credentials to open one and if somebody did it for him, they would have to pay income tax on the donations as well as other complications. It's been explored.
I suggest if anyone wants to contribute money, they just send it to him directly.
Otherwise they can buy supplements as per the wish list thread
HIs mailing address is on the wish list thread and the first immortal has 6 months thread too.
The PO Box is for letters or cards. The house address is for packages.

QUOTE (Benae @ 21-Jul 2008, 05:14 PM) *
Missminni, thanks for speaking up on behalf of William (thefirstimmortal). For those who might be hesitant to inquire or PM, could his mailing address be posted?

Yes, once again, Thank You Missminni, and Thank You Barbara for your thoughtful post.
I don't mind posting my address
Mailing address
William C. O'Rights
PO BOX 749
Acton Maine, 04001

House Address
William O'Rights
79 hussey Hill Road
Acton Maine 04001

As I was explaining to Missminni last night, I live on a private road. I told Missminni "by private road, I don't mean high society, I mean dirt road back woods, well, ever see the Movie deliverance, swear every now and than I hear a banjo off in the distance."

Edited by missminni, 04 August 2008 - 11:25 PM.

#19 Anthony_Loera

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member
  • 3,168 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 11:32 PM

Most bank accounts you can access online have a free bill pay service that can be used send him some cash as well...

just a thought.

A

#20 missminni

• 1,857 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 11:46 PM

Most bank accounts you can access online have a free bill pay service that can be used send him some cash as well...

just a thought.

A

That's a good idea.
They will send a check. I've done it. You just put in the persons name and address and they
will mail out a check for you.

Edited by missminni, 04 August 2008 - 11:47 PM.

#21 thefirstimmortal

• Life Member The First Immortal
  • 6,912 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 12:32 AM

Fantastic initiative. Thanks for helping me help TFI.

Thank You Anthony, and Thank You Ben for showing your support.

#22 thefirstimmortal

• 6,912 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 12:38 AM

Thank You Mind for showing your support.

Of course, you know, this won't be a problem when we get that FSF forum back up and running in the Active list. I'm kidding Mind, I jest. Well, kinda sorta. I'll tell you what, I won't bring that issue up again until Nov 1 st, how's that for a compromise ;o)

#23 thefirstimmortal

• 6,912 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 12:39 AM

Thank You Shannon, and while I'm here, thank you for showing support in cryonet and Cold filter.

#24 thefirstimmortal

• 6,912 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 12:40 AM

Hi Shannon
I was wondering if this fact could be conspicuously placed somewhere on the forum....Maybe even on the top by the ads??
we are working on getting a donation button set up with PayPal too.

Missminni, you are a one woman marketing team. ;o)

#25 thefirstimmortal

• 6,912 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 12:41 AM

Niner, love seeing red tags showing support, Thank you. ;o)

#26 thefirstimmortal

• 6,912 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 12:43 AM

Thank You HYP86, I still haven't forgotten about responding to your other post.

#27 thefirstimmortal

• 6,912 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 12:44 AM

I plan on also purchasing my supply of resv from you, would like nothing more than to help save THEFIRSTIMMORTAL.

Thank You Senseix, and hope my fridge advice was useful.

#28 thefirstimmortal

• 6,912 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 12:46 AM

Well done!

Thank you Anthony.

To the man who started it all. Thank You, and I PMed you a few times, Where you at?

#29 thefirstimmortal

• 6,912 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 12:50 AM

So what do you do?

thank you.
A

Ouch. Look Anthony, if this negatively affects your bottom Line, withdraw, pull the project. It's that simple. Well get the job done one way or another, but not at the cost of negatively affecting your business. PM me, let's sort this out.

Click HERE to rent this advertising spot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#30 thefirstimmortal

• 6,912 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 12:56 AM

So what do you do?

Ignore them?

I really am shocked. How could they say that? I guess you could respond that you are doing it as a promotional for
awareness that resveratrol effectively treats cancer. That would eliminate the personal element.

No, we can't ignore this Missminni. This problem could get worse for Anthony. I'm trying to keep this on a positive note, if it's not good for Anthony, it's not good for me. We need to take a hard look at this.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users