- - - - -

Does Bacopa make you tired?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 chziime

• 52 posts
  • NO

Posted 19 August 2008 - 01:09 AM

Should it be used in the evening or morning to avoid it making me tired?

#2 Advanc3d

• 283 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 01:33 AM

Should it be used in the evening or morning to avoid it making me tired?

ever since i been taking bacopa(300mg) and ginkgo (200mg), i fall asleep in the arvo
i dont know if its the actual bacopa doing so as its part of my nootopic regieme

believe it or not but 2 days ago i slept for 26 hours, with 4 toilet breaks in between, i have noidea how i was able to sleep that much but it did...

Edited by Advanc3d, 19 August 2008 - 01:34 AM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Ben

• 2,010 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 03:38 AM

I don't take bacopa at night. I found I was waking during my sleep when I took rhidola, ashwaghanda and bacopa right before bed. Now that I've switched and am taking the supplements in the morning I usually sleep without problem. Whether it was the bacopa that was affecting my sleep I am unsure, I can however take it, rhido. and ashwa. in the morning with out any of them affecting my alertness. I take one cap.

Edited by Ben - Aus, 19 August 2008 - 03:39 AM.

#4 VampIyer

• 204 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 01:39 PM

Bacopa can have some sedative effects in my experience (also true for 2 out of 2 other people who have tried my supplements). The same is true of Ashwagandha (Gaba mimetic). I take both of those at night.

Rhodiola is great during the day. This is seen in some supplements for athletes now.

#5 luv2increase

• 2,529 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 07:36 PM

Bacopa can have some sedative effects in my experience (also true for 2 out of 2 other people who have tried my supplements). The same is true of Ashwagandha (Gaba mimetic). I take both of those at night.

Rhodiola is great during the day. This is seen in some supplements for athletes now.

I take all three daily as well as other adaptogens. In my body's chemistry (everyone is different BTW); ashwagandha gives me energy, rhodiola in any dose sedates me, and bacopa just kinda mellows me yet allowing my cognitive functions to be kept top-notch.

#6 Ben

• 2,010 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 12:40 AM

How much ya takin of each, like broz.

I take all three daily as well as other adaptogens. In my body's chemistry (everyone is different BTW); ashwagandha gives me energy, rhodiola in any dose sedates me, and bacopa just kinda mellows me yet allowing my cognitive functions to be kept top-notch.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#7 luv2increase

• 2,529 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 02:07 AM

How much ya takin of each, like broz.

I take 2 New Chapter supercritical extract holy basil softgels, two supercritical stress advantage also by New Chapter, 1 425mg ashwagandha by Now Foods, and 1 300mg (50% extract) of bacopa by AOR daily. I used to take Now Rhodiola, Pinnacle Rhodax?, and bulk nutrition rhodiola at different points in time of my life. The supercritical stress advantage has rhodiola in it but in small amounts.

I take a lot of adaptogens to help me not get CNS burnout from an intense 6 days a week powerlifting/bodybuilding hybrid program I am doing. I also take 2g of chocamine and 2-3 cups of coffee daily and work my ass off as well. Due to the above circumstances, I indulge heavily in adaptogens and to be honest with you, they all work incredibly well!

Edited by luv2increase, 20 August 2008 - 02:10 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users