Photo
- - - - -

Resveratrol and improved eyesight

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Crepulance

• 269 posts

Posted 25 September 2008 - 12:08 AM

Okay, crazy one gents. Don't know if this has been posted yet, but my eyesight has been the same for over 10 years or so. This year I began taking res. Went to my eye doctor. My eyesight improved significantly! My correction power decreased by an entire point. For those who wear contacts, you'll know that's A LOT. My eyesight esentially improved by half. Now obviously I can't say wether or not it was conclusively due to res, but it is one of the few variables in my life this year, and since my vision has basically maintained over the past ten years, if anything worsening ever so slightly, the fact that now it has shown significant improvement is pretty, well, significant. Not only is it significant, but I didn't believe it so much, that I went to a different optomotrist that very same day, and they came with the same confirming results (without me informing them of my previous visit with the other opto). I looked this up online and have found a bunch of articles stating that various studies have shown improved eyesight. I didn't know this prior to starting res. But it's a great thing. Helllllls yeah. Iiiiin your eyes, the light the heat,
your eyes, I am complete, in your eyes.... Thanks Peter Gabriel...

Crep

(edited by Matthias: title changed)

Edited by Matthias, 25 September 2008 - 09:02 PM.

#2 getmarkus

• 8 posts

Posted 25 September 2008 - 02:19 AM

Crep,

Perhaps not such a crazy one at all. In July I had my annual eye exam and was a bit surprised by the result. A little about my eyesight background first... I was born crossed-eyed and with Amblyobia (lazy eye) which they attempted to surgically correct when I was 18 months old. The surgery was hardly a success but atleast I am able to see. I have worn glasses since I was two (33 now) and must wear them every moment I am awake.

Back to the doctors visit... I went in July for my annual exam and was happy that for the first time in my life my eyesight improved slightly. Nothing like what you experienced in correction but better none the less. After 31 years of constant worsening of sight it was a nice reprieve. I had only been taking resveratrol for 4 months when I had the exam so I really never put much weight on the idea it was the resveratrol... perhaps I was wrong. I plan on getting another exam in 6 months and after reading your story will get two exams and compare notes.

Enjoy your new and improved eyesight!!

Markus

Okay, crazy one gents. Don't know if this has been posted yet, but my eyesight has been the same for over 10 years or so. This year I began taking res. Went to my eye doctor. My eyesight improved significantly! My correction power decreased by an entire point. For those who wear contacts, you'll know that's A LOT. My eyesight esentially improved by half. Now obviously I can't say wether or not it was conclusively due to res, but it is one of the few variables in my life this year, and since my vision has basically maintained over the past ten years, if anything worsening ever so slightly, the fact that now it has shown significant improvement is pretty, well, significant. Not only is it significant, but I didn't believe it so much, that I went to a different optomotrist that very same day, and they came with the same confirming results (without me informing them of my previous visit with the other opto). I looked this up online and have found a bunch of articles stating that various studies have shown improved eyesight. I didn't know this prior to starting res. But it's a great thing. Helllllls yeah. Iiiiin your eyes, the light the heat,
your eyes, I am complete, in your eyes.... Thanks Peter Gabriel...

Crep

Click HERE to rent this advertising spot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Biologist

• 32 posts

Posted 26 June 2018 - 08:32 PM

Hey there! Have you continued to see improvement? What dosages were you taking? 

#4 Phlogiston

• 29 posts

Posted 24 March 2019 - 06:55 PM

I'll second the question about the dosage you took while your vision was improving.

#5 Oakman

Posted 25 March 2019 - 02:52 PM

Just to throw a bit of water on this idea, it is well known that as you get older, your vision will change. So, for example, if you are nearsighted, over time your vision will get less nearsighted. In my case I used to be a -8.75 / -8.00 when I was young. Now, I'm a -5.5 / -6.00 as of a couple years ago, and I can tell it's getting better still and I will need to downgrade my prescription next time to keep up with the change (or improvement if you want to look at it that way).

Edited by Oakman, 25 March 2019 - 02:53 PM.

• Agree x 1

Click HERE to rent this advertising spot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#6 Woody42

• 72 posts
  • NO

Posted 05 April 2019 - 02:36 PM

I am nearsighted and have worn glasses for about 55 years. But about 5 years

ago I started taking vitamin D on my next eye exam I needed a weaker prescription.

Three years and 3 more prescription changes I hardly need glasses --- unless I 

skip taking vitamin D for a few weeks and  then I need my glasses again.  But I

do have my vitamin D checked from time to time because it can build up and be harmful. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users