• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Adverts help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

Photo
* * * - - 2 votes

Secret Service Links Death Threats...

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 suspire

• 583 posts

Posted 09 November 2008 - 04:02 PM

This article discusses how the Secret Service linked a sharp increase in death threats against Obama and his family to Sarah Palin and her lynch mob rallies:

http://www.telegraph...rack-Obama.html

This is the lady Republicans want in 4 years for their presidential nominee? And people wonder why we so fervently dislike "sweet ole Sarah".

Edited by suspire, 09 November 2008 - 04:06 PM.

#2 luv2increase

• 2,529 posts

Posted 09 November 2008 - 08:43 PM

This article discusses how the Secret Service linked a sharp increase in death threats against Obama and his family to Sarah Palin and her lynch mob rallies:

This is the lady Republicans want in 4 years for their presidential nominee? And people wonder why we so fervently dislike "sweet ole Sarah".

I can't believe I am reading you write what you had written.

Are you seriously blaming Sarah Palin for the death threats on Obama?

#3 biknut

• 1,892 posts

Posted 09 November 2008 - 08:48 PM

She is a pretty good shot. Moose are living in fear of her, why would the rats be any different?

sponsored ad

• Advert

#4 suspire

• Topic Starter
  • 583 posts

Posted 09 November 2008 - 08:52 PM

I can't believe I am reading you write what you had written.

Are you seriously blaming Sarah Palin for the death threats on Obama?

No, the Secret Service is.

#5 suspire

• Topic Starter
  • 583 posts

Posted 09 November 2008 - 08:54 PM

She is a pretty good shot. Moose are living in fear of her, why would the rats be any different?

You keep on bouncing back and forth between reasonable discourse and hate-filled rhetoric. I wish you'd side with the former, even when you disagree with someone/something. Your veiled remarks/threats about Obama and his family's life is just...disappointing at best.

#6 luv2increase

• 2,529 posts

Posted 09 November 2008 - 08:55 PM

The Republican vice presidential candidate attracted criticism for accusing Mr Obama of "palling around with terrorists", citing his association with the sixties radical William Ayers.

Thank President-Elect Obama for his actions. Don't blame the messenger for bringing them to light. There is nothing that she said that was false, otherwise there would have been numerous defamation of character lawsuits brought against her and the McCain Campaign. Hey, sometimes the truth hurts. Obama did do these things and very well should be held accountable for his horrible actions and associations.

This is a free country. People are allowed to say what they please about another individual as long as it is true. What people do with the information is their fault and not the messenger's. If people try to take the life of President-Elect Obama, they will be brought to justice accordingly.

And people wonder why we so fervently dislike "sweet ole Sarah".

I thought you said it was the Secret Service? If you don't believe it then why did you write this statement? Are you upset because she brought out the facts? She people have been misled about the man's associations and character? Is it not the right of a job employer to know if the applicant has had a criminal background? If they do a check in a criminal database and find a criminal background, she the applicant hold retribution towards the local, state, and/or federal government? Think about that for awhile.

Edited by luv2increase, 09 November 2008 - 08:59 PM.

#7 Iam Empathy

• 429 posts

Posted 09 November 2008 - 08:57 PM

The Republican vice presidential candidate attracted criticism for accusing Mr Obama of "palling around with terrorists", citing his association with the sixties radical William Ayers.

Obama did do these things and very well should be held accountable for his horrible actions and associations.

stfu already.

#8 luv2increase

• 2,529 posts

Posted 09 November 2008 - 09:01 PM

Obama did do these things and very well should be held accountable for his horrible actions and associations.

stfu already.

I am not the one who is continuing this nonsense. Thank suspire for bringing this to light and re-opening the subject. I don't appreciate the immature, potty mouth talk neither. Don't be so immature.

#9 suspire

• Topic Starter
  • 583 posts

Posted 09 November 2008 - 09:04 PM

There are plenty of ways of making an argument. There are also plenty of ways of influencing a crowd. If you want to white-wash Palin's behavior, go for it. But even McCain finally put his foot down and told her to dial down the hate, as the article pointed out. You can conduct yourself with the decorum and dignity of a candidate for the Office of the Vice President or you can conduct yourself as the head of a lynch mob.

#10 suspire

• Topic Starter
  • 583 posts

Posted 09 November 2008 - 09:08 PM

And people wonder why we so fervently dislike "sweet ole Sarah".

I thought you said it was the Secret Service? If you don't believe it then why did you write this statement?

The Secret Service attributed the death threats to Palin and her rallies.

I agree with their assessment.

I dislike Sarah Palin for those reasons and others. I am not sure why you have a hard time following my position.

For the Republicans and the conservatives to step forward, you need to cut loose this sort of hate-speech: the demographic that responds to such vile hate is shrinking by the year. Instead of defending Palin, perhaps you'd like to follow in the footsteps of other vaunted Republicans who have condemned her--it'd lend your positions on other topics a little more credibility.

#11 luv2increase

• 2,529 posts

Posted 09 November 2008 - 09:09 PM

There are plenty of ways of making an argument. There are also plenty of ways of influencing a crowd. If you want to white-wash Palin's behavior, go for it. But even McCain finally put his foot down and told her to dial down the hate, as the article pointed out. You can conduct yourself with the decorum and dignity of a candidate for the Office of the Vice President or you can conduct yourself as the head of a lynch mob.

Since when is speaking the truth, hate???

"Influencing the crowd"??? Almost like your title "Secret Service Links Death Threats...to Sarah Palin" as if she ordered them or something to take place. That is just utterly pitiful. You should try and get a job with the NY Times or something. Or, maybe you could gather and print out all your posts, and see if you can get a job working with Obama?

#12 luv2increase

• 2,529 posts

Posted 09 November 2008 - 09:17 PM

Instead of defending Palin, perhaps you'd like to follow in the footsteps of other vaunted Republicans who have condemned her--it'd lend your positions on other topics a little more credibility.

The poor woman has never did a thing wrong. The was completely honest in every regard. She never lied. Point out a single lie that she spewed. You know what, you can't, and that really bothers you so much. You have so much illfound hate towards this woman that has done nothing wrong. She is an outstanding US Citizen. She has never been convicted of a crime. She has values. She believes in God ---> that might get under your skin a little I'm sure, but Obama does also so go went of him. She has the highest approval rating of any governor. She is a distinguished woman, and you are most likely jealous. In fact, that has to be it.

This is taken from your own link:

But it has now emerged that her demagogic tone may have unintentionally encouraged white supremacists to go even further.

The Secret Service warned the Obama family in mid October that they had seen a dramatic increase in the number of threats against the Democratic candidate, coinciding with Mrs Palin's attacks.

Here you are making "erroneous" assumptions again. You act like this is what the article concluded, but it surely wasn't. You tried to mislead people into thinking that it was Palin's fault. You lied.

Ok, now that we know that you are a liar and misleading, put out where Palin has once lied. I am waiting.....

#13 suspire

• Topic Starter
  • 583 posts

Posted 09 November 2008 - 09:27 PM

Since when is speaking the truth, hate???

"Influencing the crowd"??? Almost like your title "Secret Service Links Death Threats...to Sarah Palin" as if she ordered them or something to take place. That is just utterly pitiful. You should try and get a job with the NY Times or something. Or, maybe you could gather and print out all your posts, and see if you can get a job working with Obama?

If she had told them to go out and kill him, she'd have been arrested. That does not mean she does not imply negative things, that can be picked up by the radical elements of her base and taken as a "go ahead" to take action. White Supremacist leaders whose followers go off and kill have often shielded themselves from legal action by saying they did not order their followers to go kill anyone; it is an effective legal defense, but does not absolve them for the blood on their hands.

If Palin wanted to, she could have run a much cleaner campaign and focused on the issues, and immediately cut down any of her followers who screamed "terrorist" and "kill him" in the audience. But she didn't.

That said, I realize arguing with you is useless. You are positive that Palin is a great lady, a true patriot, yada yada yada. Fine and well, but I have only to point towards your own posts on here, which parrot Palin's talking points, filled with such hate, as an example of how easily a certain type of mind is influenced by the wrong type of rhetoric.

I had posted this article in the hopes that it might wake up some of the conservatives to a different type of thinking, that in the future, the discourse would be more intelligent and productive, but I see that it is a lost cause.

#14 biknut

• 1,892 posts

Posted 09 November 2008 - 09:32 PM

The stinkin GD America election is over. You side won. Why do you have to insist on rubbing it in?

#15 Brainbox

• 2,860 posts
  • NO

Posted 09 November 2008 - 09:40 PM

Moved this to the 2008 forum since obviously the election heat is still simmering.... :)

#16 suspire

• Topic Starter
  • 583 posts

Posted 09 November 2008 - 09:46 PM

The stinkin GD America election is over. You side won. Why do you have to insist on rubbing it in?

I am not trying to rub it in. In fact, I've tried to remain polite about the Democratic victory in this entire process--I don't think I've gloated, once.

I was hoping to bring light to the negative elements of Palin's position--that it might get some of the conservatives to think about dropping her as their champion. I feel her brand of politics it isn't healthy for the nation or the Republican Party, but I can see it didn't go over well and I'll simply drop the issue.

#17 TianZi

• 519 posts

Posted 10 November 2008 - 12:14 PM

Biknut,

In a thread discussing real death threats that have been directed against the President of the United States, you have crossed the line by expressing hope that someone like Sarah Palin would shoot him down.

she is a pretty good shot. Moose are living in fear of her, why would the rats be any different?

And you made clear the real basis of your discontent with Obama with your talk of "monkeys". Someone removed your follow-up post with the "monkey" remark, but I can't forget having read it.

I am ashamed to share membership in any website with you. And these kind of posts should not be tolerated by Immnst.org. I had been impressed by the graciousness of your comments immediately after the election, but then you posted this.

Edited by TianZi, 10 November 2008 - 12:37 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users