- - - - -

Folding@Home for ps3

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 19 November 2008 - 02:30 AM

I was just at my friends working on downloading folding@home on his ps3 and I was having trouble connecting to the internet. So I browsed back through options and here I find a folding@home icon. But I hadnt downloaded it, and this guy didnt do it. He just bought his ps3 and doesnt know how to use it. So Im taken aback. I cant figure out how this folding@home icon got there.

So it occurs to me that when you guys talk about folding@home being a popular download for ps3, you mean that its because ps3 sposors the program by having it preloaded as an option? I cant beleive this. This is awsome. This increases the odds of getting people to fold for the longevity meme team dramatically. This is great news. It seems like Im encountering more and more smooth sailing for life extension memeing every day. My optimism has been super charging.

Maybe we can get some ideas going for some kind of possible promotion of the longevity meme team through the sale of ps3s, like maybe putting flyers at best buy, maybe its possible and affordable to take out an ad in a best buy flyer or something like that. Bring your ideas on it to the folding@home meeting in this schedule, imminst.org/meetings

#2 mitkat

• 1,948 posts

Posted 19 November 2008 - 03:21 AM

I was running folding@home on my brother's ps3 since he's had it, but a months or so ago it did a forced update - and now folding@home has been replaced with "Life with Playstation"...a news service that runs folding@home in the background. I can't check out any info about the folding being done except when it goes to screensaver, and it only shows a % completed. It sucks, in short.

BP, everyone I know with a ps3 I've told them to download the program and run it. I just hope this new life with playstation garbage is as efficient.

Edited by mitkat, 19 November 2008 - 03:23 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users