• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

Targeting high producing members of other teams?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Live Forever

• Guest Recorder
  • 7,475 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 12:57 AM

How ethical would it be to go around to other forums that discuss their Folding@Home team and PM a couple of their highest producing members with a link to the information on the cash they could get easily by switching to our team? Getting just one person who produces 20,000+ points a day to switch to our team would be the incentive, but it might be seen as poaching if it wasn't done in the friendliest possible manner.

#2 chungenhung

• Guest, F@H
  • 114 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 03:23 AM

must be careful!
As most people are very sensitive about getting money involved in F@H

#3 maestro949

• 2,350 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 11:29 PM

One idea might be to simply suggest to other teams that they look for ways to incent their membership and point to our prize structure as an effective model. If a few people happen to jump ship, so be it :)

#4 Live Forever

• Topic Starter
  • Guest Recorder
  • 7,475 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 12:16 AM

must be careful!
As most people are very sensitive about getting money involved in F@H

Indeed; That was why I was thinking more of just a PM that was informative (not overtly trying to get them to switch) might be more welcome.

One idea might be to simply suggest to other teams that they look for ways to incent their membership and point to our prize structure as an effective model. If a few people happen to jump ship, so be it :)

Good suggestion. I was just bringing this up. I will likely not do this, just thought it might be an interesting idea for someone to do. I would imagine that some people who are contributing might find it beneficial to both contribute and earn money instead of just contribute.

#5 Live Forever

• Topic Starter
  • Guest Recorder
  • 7,475 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 05:38 AM

Damn, someone needs to target some of those Bjorn3D.com bastards, haha

Posted Image

#6 maestro949

• 2,350 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 04:04 PM

Their "fold for stephanie" contest got some good PR which lead to a surge in folding participants.

#7 Live Forever

• Topic Starter
  • Guest Recorder
  • 7,475 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 07:28 AM

Their "fold for stephanie" contest got some good PR which lead to a surge in folding participants.

We need some type of a campaign like that. "Fold for life" or find someone who is sick among our ranks and fold for them, or something.

#8 ksbalaji

• 45 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 02:16 AM

We may never know how much a new member may boost points. There are tens of thousands who are not in any team or who are yet to know of what is going on. They can easily be enrolled by us. What we need is a mechanism to just motivate our own members to bring in more members to fold. Don't I make sense?

Edited by ksbalaji, 20 February 2009 - 02:17 AM.

#9 Shepard

• Member, Director, Moderator
  • 6,360 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 03:15 AM

We need some type of a campaign like that. "Fold for life" or find someone who is sick among our ranks and fold for them, or something.

I could run over you a couple of times with my car if you want.

#10 Live Forever

• Topic Starter
  • Guest Recorder
  • 7,475 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 07:50 AM

I could run over you a couple of times with my car if you want.

Kinky.

#11 maestro949

• 2,350 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 07:33 PM

"Fold for emotionally disturbed nihilists" :)

#12 Heliotrope

• 1,145 posts

Posted 03 May 2009 - 02:54 AM

To keep us rising in the ranks, we can go plead for some un-converted to fold. Some Financial incentive would likely be needed. Life FOrever said that overclock.net's folding bounty idea could be borrowed by us, except we use it in a scale/manner that fits us

I thought up a Slogan

Fold For Some Bucks & Kick Some Disease in the Butt!

to make it punchier,

Fold for Bucks, Kick Death in Butt

Edited by HYP86, 03 May 2009 - 02:56 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users