#1 RighteousReason

• 2,491 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 03:29 AM

Guide to SMP in Vista
http://www.overclock...-smp-vista.html

#2 maestro949

• 2,350 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 03:36 PM

Good link. I just built a Vista 64-bit i7 for work but plan on throwing 3 nVidias in it as well. Probably 8800 GTs.

One annoyance with Vista in regards to video cards is that they want a monitor attached to each card. I plug all of the cards into a cheap KVM to get around this.

#3 RighteousReason

• Topic Starter
  • 2,491 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 05:10 PM

Yeah this is a work computer. I can't run FAH while working, even on idle because it slows everything down to an unacceptable degree.

#4 Live Forever

• Guest Recorder
  • 7,475 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 07:30 AM

Yeah this is a work computer. I can't run FAH while working, even on idle because it slows everything down to an unacceptable degree.

You can tell it to only use a certain amount of system resources to make sure it doesn't do that, no?

#5 RighteousReason

• Topic Starter
  • 2,491 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 01:31 PM

You can tell it to only use a certain amount of system resources to make sure it doesn't do that, no?

Actually, running the CPU is fine, but the GPU client even on idle will slow everything down.

#6 maestro949

• 2,350 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 06:37 PM

Actually, running the CPU is fine, but the GPU client even on idle will slow everything down.

I've seen the same with the 9500GT under vista. some of the higher end cards can fold @ 100% and process all desktop needs with no problem.

#7 RighteousReason

• Topic Starter
  • 2,491 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 11:10 PM

I've seen the same with the 9500GT under vista. some of the higher end cards can fold @ 100% and process all desktop needs with no problem.

I guess that's what I get for skimping on the graphics card.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users