- - - - -

Best Nootropic Stack for Student of Architecture

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 .cotton

• 11 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 08:46 PM

Dear All,

Swim recently saw a documentary on tele about Modafinil, swim was very intrigued by this drug and a few online searches have led him to Nootropics.

Swim is an architecture student in his second year and is having severe problems with motivation, creativity and general cognitive performance. Only last year Swim was an award winning student with hopes of a very promising future. Swim's life has changed somewhat since then and there is no prospect of things going back to the way they were anytime soon.

Swim would like some recommendations for a good nootropic stack that will help him get back to his old self and excel in his studies. Swim has many years of experience with your common illegal drugs and swim is not after drugs that are going to make him buzz or feel wired like "amphetamines/cocaine" for example. Swim is also very sociable and would not like anything that may infringe on this aspect of swims character.

Swim can not find a well organised chart/list/guide of nootropics, so if swim's question is too difficult to answer perhaps a link to such a site would suffice.

So to recap, Swim is looking for a Nootropic stack to help with:

Cloudy mind
Sluggishness/tiredness
Motivation
General cognitive improvement
Creativity
What else can be achieved with nootropics?

Swim lives in the uk so is looking for items that are obtainable here and perhaps someone could suggest a good site or two to get them from.

Swim looks very forward to hearing from Swiy soon,

Many thanks,

.Cotton

Ps feel free to PM or email

#2 synaesthetic

• 230 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 10:56 PM

My favorite study aid is Caffeine + Taurine.
Research Bacopa, Cyprenil, Nicotine patches, Resveratrol ("RES has shown to be moderately potent norepinephrine and serotonin agonist and a MAO-inhibitor")

Also, are you getting restful sleep, and enough excerize? Is your diet in order? I'd recommend making sure these are optimal first before you get into nootropics. Also, by asking for no-buzz and not changing your social character you are excluding many supplements due to these effects.

Edited by synaesthetic, 05 March 2009 - 10:57 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 .cotton

• Topic Starter
  • 11 posts

Posted 07 March 2009 - 03:22 AM

Thank you Synaesthetic,

I am not after caffeine and torriene supplements since they only seem to make me feel wired and eventually sick. Maybe I don't mind nootropics that will give me a buzz, so long as they won't cause me to crash or develop a habit. The other suggestions that you made make very little sense to me since i know next to nothing about the subject. I agree that healthy eating, exercise and good sleep make a world of difference as I have experiencced the benefits first hand, but unfortunately they are not an option at moment.

I have stumbled across a thread that suggests this nootropic stack:

Study Stack - advanced :
1.5 grams piracetam every 8 hours
500 mg aniracetam every 8 hours
1.5 grams Alpha GPC every 8 hours
15 mg Vinpocetine every 8 hours
150 mcg Huperzine every 8 hours

What can I expect from this stack? Do they address the issues that I have previously listed? How will my mood/performance etc change? Is it nessersary to take these meds 3 times a day? Won't once a suffice? Also, it seems like alot to take, it's almost 60 grams a day.

Any advice/help would be greatly appreciated.

.cotton

Ps A forum member has informed me that it is not nessersary to refer to ones self as swim on these forums.

#4 navier

• 3 posts

Posted 07 March 2009 - 05:50 AM

Study Stack - advanced :
1.5 grams piracetam every 8 hours
500 mg aniracetam every 8 hours
1.5 grams Alpha GPC every 8 hours
15 mg Vinpocetine every 8 hours
150 mcg Huperzine every 8 hours

What can I expect from this stack? Do they address the issues that I have previously listed? How will my mood/performance etc change? Is it nessersary to take these meds 3 times a day? Won't once a suffice? Also, it seems like alot to take, it's almost 60 grams a day.

You probably only want to take the piracetam and aniracetam 2 times per day, AM and mid-afternoon. Too close to bed and your sleep could be disturbed. Once a day is not enough because the half-life of these drugs is quite short (especially aniracetam which has peak effects at 2 hours and back to baseline by 6 hours).

I would not try all those at once. Start with piracetam 3g per day and a choline source (Alpha-GPC if you can afford it, or lecithin for a cheap option). See how it affects you over a number of weeks before trying anything else.

#5 bgwithadd

• 820 posts

Posted 07 March 2009 - 07:42 AM

You won't get any motivation from any of those.

There's no real single motivation drug or supplement out there, but I do get more drive from nicotine and/or wellbutrin, which are probably the only things that increase actual drive for me. ADD stims should not really make you feel wired at therapeutic doses, but if your concentration was good before then that's probably not the problem.

Aside from that, I'd concentrate on eliminating stress. Lots of stuff helps with that but I like taurine, inositol and theanine the best. They all have good results without any bad side effects.

If you take a lot of caffeine it will cause more problems than it cures. Same with modafinil. I personally think unless you have narcolepsy modafinil is a bad idea.

#6 synaesthetic

• 230 posts

Posted 07 March 2009 - 09:01 PM

There's no real single motivation drug or supplement out there

The reviews i've read about Desoxyn (pharmaceutical grade methamphetmine) say otherwise, it gives intense motivation! (although you probrably meant healthy motivation)

#7 .cotton

• Topic Starter
  • 11 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 02:44 AM

Thanks for the replies,

Navier, I will probably follow your sound advice and see how things pan out. Why would I go for Alpha-GPC over Lecithin? What effects can I expect to see from Piracetam and choline twice a day?

I am interested to hear bgwithadd advise against modafinil, so far I have found very little concern raised over it's safety or use. Could bgwithadd or another forum member please elaborate on why it's "a bad idea".

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#8 tlm884

• 597 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 03:23 AM

Thanks for the replies,

Navier, I will probably follow your sound advice and see how things pan out. Why would I go for Alpha-GPC over Lecithin? What effects can I expect to see from Piracetam and choline twice a day?

I am interested to hear bgwithadd advise against modafinil, so far I have found very little concern raised over it's safety or use. Could bgwithadd or another forum member please elaborate on why it's "a bad idea".

Modafinil is more for doing grunt work like physical labour. Assuming architecture involves alot of finesse and care the modafinil would not be a good thing for you. It also increases heart rate, bp, etc. Its a stimulant. Have you ever taken about 600 + mg of Caffeine a day? Well thats what taking Moda is like.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users