Can't connect to work server

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 maxwatt

• Guest, Moderator LeadNavigator
  • 4,949 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 01:38 PM

Checked my log file and I've been getting this message for the past few days:

Cannot connect to work server (171.65.103.100:80)

Cannot connect to work server (171.65.103.100:8080)

The results have remained in the queue. Is there something I need to do? Or is it Stanford?

#2 sentinel

• Guest, F@H
  • 794 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 01:50 PM

The results have remained in the queue. Is there something I need to do? Or is it Stanford?

Hi Max

It sometimes points to a problem with your internet connection, sometimes the Stanford end, and sometimes it's just the Fah Program itself which is no suprising seeing as it's constantly dealing with unknown/understood proteins.

Short answer? 9 times out of 10 if you quite Fah (don't close it, right click and selct quite so it can write to the log file) wait 30 seconds or so (i just lik eto be sure everything is shut down and written properly but I'm sure there's geeks out there shaking their bespectacled heads at me). Then just reboot.

If it's down to Stanford then it will just sort itself out when they're good and ready and you can relax knowing that no one else is surging aherad of you either.

Keep it up!

#3 maxwatt

• Topic Starter
  • Guest, Moderator LeadNavigator
  • 4,949 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 03:58 PM

Hi Max

It sometimes points to a problem with your internet connection, sometimes the Stanford end, and sometimes it's just the Fah Program itself which is no suprising seeing as it's constantly dealing with unknown/understood proteins.

Short answer? 9 times out of 10 if you quite Fah (don't close it, right click and selct quite so it can write to the log file) wait 30 seconds or so (i just lik eto be sure everything is shut down and written properly but I'm sure there's geeks out there shaking their bespectacled heads at me). Then just reboot.

If it's down to Stanford then it will just sort itself out when they're good and ready and you can relax knowing that no one else is surging aherad of you either.

Keep it up!

Apparently it is stanford; the ports are not accessible for some reason.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users