• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Adverts help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

MEETING weekly

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 modelcadet

• 443 posts

Posted 08 March 2009 - 12:52 PM

Immortality Institute weekly Chat Room Meeting for:

Thurs:
9:00 pm gmt (5:00 pm est) Technological Meme (TEME) team meeting
-complete meeting schedule here

Open to all. Meeting to discuss TEME, the Technological Meme, which is an undergraduate student research grant and scholarship funding program that is working to help progress AGI, Artificial General Intelligence. Artificial General Intelligence supports the Immortality Institutes mission, Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans.

(The following clock is GMT, Greenwich Mean Time)

Online Clock Desktop Calendar

Attached File  imminst.org_tv_banner.jpg   23.78KB   0 downloads

Meeting Heads:
ModelCadet (recruiting 2 more)
Meeting Promoters: (now recruiting 3 max)
Meeting Secretarys: (optional, now recruiting 3 max)

Attached File  teme_agi.jpg   3.33KB   0 downloads Attached File  teme_funding.jpg   15.06KB   3 downloads Attached File  scholarship_teme.jpg   1.24MB   1 downloads

Edited by brokenportal, 05 June 2009 - 09:55 PM.

#2 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 07:31 PM

Meeting coming up today. Bring your questions and ideas. Let people know who you know that may be interested about this meeting too.

On we march. One day soon we will all converge at the front lines of this war on aging. Every small battle we win builds up, and it builds up fast.

sponsored ad

• Advert

#3 modelcadet

• Topic Starter
  • 443 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 07:21 PM

There's a meeting today for Teme. We're getting really close to submitting our paperwork, and every day we add new features and capabilities. Come today to learn about Teme and collaborate.

#4 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 08:19 PM

Ill be gone, but if anybody reading this plans on attending, say I.

#5 modelcadet

• Topic Starter
  • 443 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 05:36 PM

Want to help us take over the world?! Today's your chance! 5pm EST! Be there or be nanogoo!

#6 modelcadet

• Topic Starter
  • 443 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 07:05 PM

Teme foundation! Your ultimate resource for 22nd century research and innovation holds its general meeting today at 5 pm. Come, contribute to our human fund. At this stage of the game, all and any involved with Teme stand to benefit from tech industry connections, experience; one of our pilot projects is with Dr. Ben Goertzel. Our goal is to leverage as many undergraduates as possible to conduct advanced, cutting-edge research. With your help, and your help alone will we bring about the negative positive technological singularity.

Please come out,

Varun
Teme Foundation Director of Operations

#7 modelcadet

• Topic Starter
  • 443 posts

Posted 09 April 2009 - 04:41 PM

Because of manifold scheduling conflicts, the Teme meeting will be moved to tomorrow, Friday, April 10. The meeting time will still be 5pm EST.

#8 Mariusz

• 164 posts

Posted 09 April 2009 - 07:40 PM

Varun

Personally I dont trust people that use nick followed by semi-official looking title.
Care to comment?

Mariusz

#9 modelcadet

• Topic Starter
  • 443 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 08:38 AM

Varun

Personally I dont trust people that use nick followed by semi-official looking title.
Care to comment?

Mariusz

"Varun" is the name of an undergraduate student volunteering for Teme. He is the current Director of Operations. If you'd like to become the Director of Operations, or any other position on the board of the Teme Foundation, you can initiate a vote of no confidence and run as a candidate for the position. Granted, you must be an undergraduate to sit as a member of the executive board, although there is an advisory board for other members.

We've set up the administrative structure to cater to the prosumers Teme serves. If you have any suggestions, we'd be happy to have your input. We're currently receiving legal and industrial organizational counsel, but we're all open any input if it can lead to better methods of enacting Teme's mission.

#10 ksbalaji

• 45 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 02:21 PM

Varun

Care to comment?

Mariusz

"Varun" is the name of an undergraduate student volunteering for Teme. He is the current Director of Operations. If you'd like to become the Director of Operations, or any other position on the board of the Teme Foundation, you can initiate a vote of no confidence and run as a candidate for the position. Granted, you must be an undergraduate to sit as a member of the executive board, although there is an advisory board for other members.

We've set up the administrative structure to cater to the prosumers Teme serves. If you have any suggestions, we'd be happy to have your input. We're currently receiving legal and industrial organizational counsel, but we're all open any input if it can lead to better methods of enacting Teme's mission.

I note this nice reply. May I also add the following to build up more trust if probably a nick triggers doubt?

I understand VARUN is the epithet of a Hindu God who benevolently showers on all beings with his blessings. It could of course mean something else better for the person whose nick is Varun. To me, Varun sounds a good nick.

Now, I am not an expert to explain any -yournick- please. Also probably I would never venture to know what other persons' nick mean.

May I suggest that we just build trust considering good sounding nicks as Habitat, dependent on the environment one is simply used to?

#11 Mariusz

• 164 posts

Posted 11 April 2009 - 12:54 AM

"Varun" is the name of an undergraduate student volunteering for Teme. He is the current Director of Operations. If you'd like to become the Director of Operations, or any other position on the board of the Teme Foundation, you can initiate a vote of no confidence and run as a candidate for the position.

I just think that it looks funny when someone uses a nick instead of a name and then throws official title after that nick.
If someone thinks he is important enough to use title like Director of Operation, then he should not be ashamed of his name.

Mariusz

#12 modelcadet

• Topic Starter
  • 443 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 05:18 PM

"Varun" is the name of an undergraduate student volunteering for Teme. He is the current Director of Operations. If you'd like to become the Director of Operations, or any other position on the board of the Teme Foundation, you can initiate a vote of no confidence and run as a candidate for the position.

I just think that it looks funny when someone uses a nick instead of a name and then throws official title after that nick.
If someone thinks he is important enough to use title like Director of Operation, then he should not be ashamed of his name.

Mariusz

The illustrious Varun Sharma and I, Paul Tiffany, will be meeting with Justin Loew and perhaps Eric Schulke, and others who will choose to either disclose their identities or keep them quantum...

5PM Eastern. If you're reading this, please come. We're trying to build a critical mass to get Teme sustainable (it's getting close!), and we need all the help we can get. Even if you want to come heckle, any contributions are welcome and will make a lasting impact on the birth of this Foundation.

#13 modelcadet

• Topic Starter
  • 443 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 06:33 PM

The meeting is getting pushed to tomorrow. I'll be in the channel if anyone wants to discuss stuff today. I just spammed http://lesswrong.com/ so here's hoping Eliezer, Michael, or some of the other logic kids will show up.

Email me: director@temetics.org anytime to help. We're at a critical point, and we can use all the help we can get.

#14 modelcadet

• Topic Starter
  • 443 posts

Posted 24 April 2009 - 06:45 PM

Teme is holding a meeting today at 5pm EST. Go to to view the live broadcast. We will also be recording the meeting if you cannot make it but would like to hear more about the organization.

And, as promised, we'll have free hummus and cupcakes. Digital edibles available upon request.

#15 modelcadet

• Topic Starter
  • 443 posts

Posted 04 May 2009 - 06:03 PM

I want to let everyone know that my computer had died, and that my work on this project will be slow until I'm connected to the Cloud again. Given my impoverished circumstances, it may be some time before I am able to develop extensively for the Teme Foundation. If you'd like to contribute to the project, please send me an email.

My current plan is to move forward with the Foundation in other ways: producing videos and focusing on grass-roots growth.

sponsored ad

• Advert

#16 treonsverdery

• 1,312 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 10:18 PM

As a result of this item I visited lesswrong.com I liked the essays sufficiently to suggest that an essay anthologist find something they like there.

I also visited ustream for the first time. nifty. have fun visit eetimes.com

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users