Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo

painting aubrey de grey today

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 williamhessian

• 86 posts

Posted 25 April 2009 - 05:39 PM

it was supposed to be broadcast live on mind's ustream account. but we never got it all worked out. however, i am too eager to do a portrait of the immortality master to pass it up. so you can watch on my own ustream account, or on my website:

ustream:

#2 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 25 April 2009 - 09:28 PM

This is still live right now. There seems to us to be alot of potential to sell paintings like this for the cause. We have some ideas, but still being worked on. Anybody else have any ideas on that?

#3 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 06:21 PM

This painting is part of the show Canvas Kill Live.

If its not purchased before the next show next saturday it will be destroyed.

Can somebody please buy this? I dont have the cash. If somebody buys the paintings from here that have a life extension theme then we can turn them into a fund raising auction later.

#4 williamhessian

• Topic Starter
  • 86 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 08:52 PM

here is the time lapse video of the painting:

and here is where you can buy this painting (if it doesnt sell by May 2nd, I will destroy it on my painting show): http://www.etsy.com/...ing_id=24197063

Edited by williamhessian, 26 April 2009 - 08:53 PM.

#5 Mind

• Life Member, Director, Moderator, Treasurer
  • 18,997 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 07:07 PM

Cool stuff william! I love the name of your blog as well. For those who don't know, it is "Zombie Robot Frosting".

#6 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 12:09 AM

We need to get this bought by next week. It will be a shame to see it destroyed, but destroys the previous weeks painting at each new show.

Does anybody think this is worth being bought? It seems to me that there is a lot of value in this painting. I think it could be used brilliantly in a fund raiser.

#7 williamhessian

• Topic Starter
  • 86 posts

Posted 02 May 2009 - 05:29 AM

will aubrey die today?

its sad to be planning my method of destruction. if no one buys the painting by 3pm central time you can watch me destroy the painting on my website: www.williamhessian.com

it will be broadcast on my ustream also, just search for: canvas kill live

you can buy the Father of Immortality painting here: http://www.etsy.com/...i...63&ref=null

#8 Guest_Terence Lovejoy_*

• Lurker

Posted 02 May 2009 - 05:37 AM

How absolutely ridiculous! Why not auction it on eBay instead.

#9 williamhessian

• Topic Starter
  • 86 posts

Posted 02 May 2009 - 06:01 AM

terence. ebay is too mainstream. i like giving my art one week to be sold, and then death. that way, only the good stuff survives.

How absolutely ridiculous! Why not auction it on eBay instead.

#10 williamhessian

• Topic Starter
  • 86 posts

Posted 02 May 2009 - 06:02 AM

however, if you want to sell it on ebay, you can buy it from me and then put it up for auction. for some reason, when i suggest this to those who suggest selling on ebay, they are not interested. kinda like me.

#11 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 02 May 2009 - 10:36 AM

I dont have $100, If I had $100 for each painting with a life extension theme then I would save them by buying them. If you save them then we will put forward a strong scaled effort to sell them for sure. I cant see them not being sold over time. I think that once they reach a certain popularity then they will become viral and there will be a small demand for them amongst the life extension community. This buzz will help strengthen the community a bit and draw more people in to the cause in general. Is there any way we can talk you into doing say, canvas kill live, and then a show like, "Unlimited Lifespans theme show" or something like that? You could do the Unlimited Lifspans theme show less often maybe, like once a month. Just a suggestion. If you have to destroy it then you must I guess. If you keep it then it could go out in things like the imminst newsletter under, "auction fund raiser" with thumbnails of the paintings or something like that.

#12 caliban

• Admin, Advisor, Director
  • 9,150 posts

Posted 02 May 2009 - 11:45 AM

I like the painting and the concept, but I have no use for the thing.
(If you weren't a member, I would think this was a strange way of holding a community hostage.)

Pledge: I'll buy it for $100 if you hold on to it for a few weeks until brokenportal or someone else manages to sell it.

#13 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 02 May 2009 - 12:57 PM

So you can buy it right away then, or its a pledge to buy it if it cant be sold later? I think he would require it to be bought right away. I can buy it from you later if we cant get it sold soon. I would rather hold it for a while if we can buy it, and then add it to a page of paintings with a theme later, for a fund raising auction.

I was just thinking about starting a vote to add this show to the ustream. Does something like this need a vote?

William, do you want to do a theme for the cause every week for canvas kill live, do you want to do a theme like every other week maybe or something like that, do you only want to do this under the name canvas kill live, or would you want to do a theme show for the cause say once a month with a second show name? Im not sure what arrangement you want, what you wouldnt do, what you would do, and what works best. Also, others please weigh in on the discussion here.

So you said and from what I gather, Mind cant add you to the ustream with out complications. Is that true Mind if your reading this? What I could do is schedule this painting show in at the time you decide and then copy and paste the ustream code for your ustream into the imminst.org/tv page each week and then switch it back when the show is over. Any objects, ideas, thoughts on this anybody?

This would add great momentum to opening the door to more shows for the ustream. I would then be more eager to help get a third going, and Im sure other people would start thinking more about what kinds of shows they might be able to do. There are a ton of great possibilities.

#14 williamhessian

• Topic Starter
  • 86 posts

Posted 02 May 2009 - 06:11 PM

I like the painting and the concept, but I have no use for the thing.
(If you weren't a member, I would think this was a strange way of holding a community hostage.)

Pledge: I'll buy it for $100 if you hold on to it for a few weeks until brokenportal or someone else manages to sell it.

You can buy it, and I can hold on to it. That's not a problem.

Although, im not holding on to it unless its purchased.

BP, as far as a monthly show on life extension.....great idea. I'd do that.
so can I consider Caliban's offer as legit? I guess I have 90 minutes to decide.

William

#15 Cyberbrain

• Guest, F@H
  • 1,755 posts

Posted 02 May 2009 - 06:23 PM

I know that it's what you do William (destroy paintings as part of your show). But a painting like this is just so beautiful and so dear to one of the most important movements in human history that it just can't be destroyed!

Or at least you should take some high res shots of it so we can remember it by in the internet :-D

#16 williamhessian

• Topic Starter
  • 86 posts

Posted 02 May 2009 - 06:28 PM

in a way it would be poetic to destroy it. in another way, it does seem wrong. Killing the painting of the man who is iconic for immortality research. it might be bad luck.

however, it is danger and questioning existence that these paintings are trying to ask the audience. which is why i destroy the paintings, even if i personally feel they have value. One week is not much time to give them, but either are our lives. we only have a fleeting moment.

I know that it's what you do William (destroy paintings as part of your show). But a painting like this is just so beautiful and so dear to one of the most important movements in human history that it just can't be destroyed!

Or at least you should take some high res shots of it so we can remember it by in the internet :-D

#17 williamhessian

• Topic Starter
  • 86 posts

Posted 02 May 2009 - 06:30 PM

btw, i started the webcam. i start the new show in 90 minutes.

im setting up aubrey for destruction. im not sure if caliban's offer was legit.

william

#18 Mind

• Life Member, Director, Moderator, Treasurer
  • 18,997 posts

Posted 02 May 2009 - 08:02 PM

Caliban's offer is legit. He is not joking.

#19 williamhessian

• Topic Starter
  • 86 posts

Posted 02 May 2009 - 08:04 PM

Caliban's offer is legit. He is not joking.

okay. then it is saved.

#20 caliban

• Admin, Advisor, Director
  • 9,150 posts

Posted 02 May 2009 - 08:30 PM

I'll sort out payment ASAP, and would appreciate if you could hold on to the thing until July 8th.

If someone manages to sell the payment for more than $100 by July 1st, he/she can keep the profit.

Bear in mind that both William and Aubrey will be very famous people in a decade, so this may well be the best investment you could ever have made.

#21 williamhessian

• Topic Starter
  • 86 posts

Posted 04 May 2009 - 02:16 AM

i am glad and willing to supply pictures and text and advertising to help promote an auction of the work, in whatever method it is to be auctioned or re-sold.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users