• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

Recomendations for chronic ( 2 Month) headaches?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 rhodeder

• 52 posts

Posted 31 May 2009 - 07:45 AM

Well I'll try to keep really brief. Two months ago me and my brother got in a fight and he did hit my head a couple times now that i think about it but i don't think that's the cause. Anyways my Dad told me about 2 days after he could die at anytime and he wanted me to come see him for about a month in a half. When i left for Oregon i ended up developing a headache which hasn't went away and i think it might be stress induced. On days that im not stressed it goes away but sometimes it will come back even when im not stressed. I've also been unemployed for 6 months and its been adding to the pile of stress. Does anyone have any advice for me? The headache feels like a pressure between my eyes that wont go away but ive taken sinus headache medicine and it didnt make a difference. Does anyone have any advice they could offer me?

Edited by rhodeder, 31 May 2009 - 07:45 AM.

#2 ajnast4r

• Guest, F@H
  • 3,925 posts
  • NO

Posted 31 May 2009 - 08:02 AM

have you gotten an mri of your head?
  • Well Written x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 rhodeder

• Topic Starter
  • 52 posts

Posted 31 May 2009 - 09:31 AM

no sounds like something that would put me in debt since I'm unemployed. WebMD says that a MRI scan is not able to diagnose migraines, cluster, or tension headaches.

Edited by rhodeder, 31 May 2009 - 09:34 AM.

#4 stephen_b

• 1,735 posts

Posted 31 May 2009 - 04:16 PM

What's your magnesium intake?

From PMID 8792038:

In order to evaluate the prophylactic effect of oral magnesium, 81 patients aged 18-65 years with migraine according to the International Headache Society (IHS) criteria (mean attack frequency 3.6 per month) were examined. After a prospective baseline period of 4 weeks they received oral 600 mg (24 mmol) magnesium (trimagnesium dicitrate) daily for 12 weeks or placebo. In weeks 9-12 the attack frequency was reduced by 41.6% in the magnesium group and by 15.8% in the placebo group compared to the baseline (p < 0.05). The number of days with migraine and the drug consumption for symptomatic treatment per patient also decreased significantly in the magnesium group. Duration and intensity of the attacks and the drug consumption per attack also tended to decrease compared to placebo but failed to be significant. Adverse events were diarrhea (18.6%) and gastric irritation (4.7%). High-dose oral magnesium appears to be effective in migraine prophylaxis.

StephenB

#5 tunt01

• 2,308 posts

Posted 31 May 2009 - 04:24 PM

take an anti-stress pill / vitamin b / eat spinach

eat well, do light cardio, and when you get insurance, get an MRI or maybe an MRA (examines blood vessels - diagnoses aneurysms, not just grey matter structure).

#6 KimberCT

• 472 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 11:11 AM

L-theanine worked for me when I was suffering from daily headaches due to stress.  I wasn't even looking for a cure for the headaches at the time.  I bought the l-theanine as a sleep aid.  400mg an hour before bed every night and suddenly I wasn't having headaches the next day.

#7 Matt

• 2,862 posts
  • NO

Posted 01 June 2009 - 01:41 PM

Do you ever have the feeling like your head going to explode? I had a headache that lasted a month or something after I started CR. Don't know whether it was some sort of detox or what lol... because I had no stress and was generally feeling happy and well otherwise. Anyway it was clearly tension (feel like band around teh head with actual mild pain). Neck/shoulder message is good to release muscles from chronic tension. Also take magnesium too. Sometimes we can't notice the tension we're creating but its there. Just really have to try and forget about it, the more you concentrate on it the worse it will get. Try Yoga if you can. Not sure an MRI would be worth it at this point.

#8 mdma

• 102 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 03:15 PM

Stretching your back and neck every day will help you for tension headache.

I once had a headache for 6 weeks 24/7 and went to a doctor to check on why. It got to a point where i had to stay still and couldnt even normally founction, it was pretty intense.
What i did is i start drinking 2 L of water every day at least and hit the gym for running and strecthing.
I tought it was sinus related but i guess it wasnt.

Sometimes headache are a direct reflexion of your personal satisfaction in life and your overall situation. I had a very shitty life, surrounded by boring and useless people every day and my food was a repetitive regimen for 4 months.

I think long term headache are only influenced by the mental aspect you are in, the subconscious is easily printed by negative around you and it can explain your headache.
Before hitting the painkillers and the extra supplements, check your overall happyness first.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#9 kurdishfella

• 2,397 posts
  • NO

Posted 08 May 2022 - 01:31 PM

The brain is mostly fat so take fatty acids like omega 3. and proteins/amino acids can turn into fat more  consistent and without affecting other things for muscle parts. and drink enough water .

Edited by kurdishfella, 08 May 2022 - 01:45 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users