• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Adverts help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Bid on the Aubrey de Grey painting!

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 12:50 AM

Bid on me! >CLICK HERE< to bid in ebay.

Bidding ends in 10 days. 20 days.

Attached File  aubrey_degrey.jpg   401.08KB   10 downloads

Painting by William Hessian. One of Williams show locations can be found in the second video box at - imminst.org/tv

All profit over $100.00 will go to the Immortality Institute Matching Research Grant for Laser Ablation of Lipofuscin. You can own this painting and support the research! Does giving for the cause get any better than that?

If you win with a bid of $1,000.00 or more then we will have this painting signed by Aubrey de Grey himself.

If you don’t want to bid, help out by linking your life extensionist friends to this auction.

Edited by brokenportal, 27 June 2009 - 09:08 PM.

#2 brokenportal

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 17 June 2009 - 04:57 PM

Send an email to a couple of your life extensionist friends about this today.

#3 Johan

• Guest, F@H
  • 472 posts

Posted 17 June 2009 - 05:52 PM

Looks nice! A note of possible interest for non-US bidders, though: Is shipping only planned to the US, or will worldwide shipping be available in the future?

sponsored ad

• Advert

#4 brokenportal

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 17 June 2009 - 05:57 PM

We'll ship it anywhere.

If the winning bid is over $1,000 then we'll have Aubrey sign it too, so it will be shipped to him first, and then to the winning bidder. Ive been promoting the heck out of this since yesterday, so if a bunch of you send the link out to a few friends also then I think we can turn this into a good successful fund raiser for the cause. This will also encourage more of these paintings to be made, which is in the planning.

*Another note of interest is that all profits from this painting MAY be going to the matching grant for the laser ablation of lipofuscin research. Im still waiting on word back on that.

#5 brokenportal

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 18 June 2009 - 03:05 AM

The deal has gotten even better.

Im adding this bonus line now:

* All profit over $100.00 will go to the Immortality Institute Matching Research Grant for Laser Ablation of Lipofuscin. You can own this painting and support the research! Does giving for the cause get any better than that?

#6 brokenportal

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 18 June 2009 - 08:08 PM

7 days remaining

#7 brokenportal

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 03:48 PM

6 days remaining.

Any suggestions on how to sell this?

#8 brokenportal

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 21 June 2009 - 09:43 PM

We know you want to buy this!

Time is running out.

What better way is there to give to the lipofuscin research matching grant than to challenge other people to beat your bid for this painting? I challenge you to challenge people, bid on this painting in the name of research today.

#9 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 22 June 2009 - 03:20 AM

What better way is there to give to the lipofuscin research matching grant ...

One better way would have been to fund the grant in whole, as a majority of members initially wanted to do.

#10 caston

• 2,141 posts

Posted 22 June 2009 - 12:09 PM

Might be a better time to raise mental capital rather than cash which seems to be at a premium at the moment. Withdraw the auction and put the painting on display at an art gallery where lots of people will get to see it.

#11 n25philly

• 88 posts

Posted 23 June 2009 - 05:40 PM

Why not put something about this on the main page of the site. I have a feeling a lot of people that might be interested don't even know about it. I already donated $100 which is about all I can do right now.

#12 brokenportal

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 01:13 AM

We've got a bid!

Alright, the auction ended. It was headed for the imminst store that is in development, but we have gotten a last minute bid and so the auction has been restarted for ten more days.

#13 b0gger

• 167 posts

Posted 04 July 2009 - 04:16 PM

/All profit over $100.00 will go to the Immortality Institute Matching Research Grant for Laser Ablation of Lipofuscin./

I almost bought it, but then I think - it's about pride to have this picture at home. I think I'll simply donate something like 100$ and that's it.

#14 Mind

• Life Member, Director, Moderator, Treasurer
  • 18,997 posts

Posted 04 July 2009 - 04:20 PM

Thanks so much for your offer to donate to the laser research - even if not bidding on the painting. Every dollar (and $100) helps!

By the way, I have committed to purchase the painting for $200, but have had technical trouble bidding through ebay. So if you want the painting, you will have to bid over $200.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users